[Released] Flight Replicas P-40N

anybody interested in another P-40N paint?
10B (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

10B (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

10B (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

I had never seen that paint scheme before. It’s beautiful! I think it is impossible to have to many P-40 repaints =)

3 Likes

thank you, and I agree, one can never have enough, so here’s another:
flo by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

Another great one! I also like the Airfix box idea.

1 Like

one more in the pipeline:
NZ3283 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

Bring these to the marketplace PLEASE !!!

Okay so I have spent the last few weeks testing all three variants of the P-40 available. I must say while this model is expensive it’s really really awesome. I think with the new update that is coming for the B it would really be hard to choose between them. I find myself torn between flying the N and the B every time I load up the game.

the marketplace? They are on flightsim.to

No love for the F?

Bringing addons to the Marketplace is verryyyyy difficult for freeware developers like Jan Kees and myself. I looked into it the other day, and the hoops we have to jump through to become an MS partner and prep packages for the Marketplace etc are enormous and not really worth it at this time.

Supposedly they’re developing a freeware marketplace. Perhaps when that is implemented, it will be easier to put things in the Marketplace. It’s not that we don’t necessarily want to, I’d love for my stuff to be available for Xbox users. It’s just not practical at this time.

1 Like

My textures are freely available on FS2, and I have absolutely no plans to bring them to the Marketplace.

This will be the next:
15 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

15 (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

2 Likes

Well Microsoft/Asobo needs to sort their house and priorities out! Sometimes the big dollar is not best for a product. Sometimes customer/ developer wants and needs, especially when you have a 10 year development timeline, needs to come into play. Personally I would be happy if they could figure out a way to bring this tho those of us not on PC

I fly on the Xbox as I don’t have a pc and have no plans to build or buy a gaming PC. It would be cool if it could be implemented on the Xbox is all I was getting at

MS is a public company. They will be happy to sell you livery packs.

The fact that MSFS has support for third-party stores and that they’re even doing a scenery gateway is pretty amazing for an MS gaming product. Microsoft-branded titles are generally pretty closed systems, with the exception of Minecraft (which had it before they bought it) and MSFS (because Jorg is an amazing human being who knows his audience and apparently has superpowers in the area of justifying decisions that bean counters won’t like).

Best bet for liveries on Xbox would be for there to be enough demand that someone could bundle some and publish them in the marketplace.

2 Likes

ah, so if I understand you correctly, external repaints are not possible on xbox? I was not aware of this.
Glad I’m not on xbox then.
I have now looked at uploading to the marketplace, and as THEEUG7 mentions, it’s quite the procedure. Uploading my textures is already my least favorite part of the whole repainting, this would make it look even more like work, yuk.
I have no idea how many xbox users there (before MFS I did not even know xbox existed), but if there are many, I may need to look at it again on occasion. Maybe make a bundle (if that is possible?) so you don’t need to go through the whole circus for each repaint.

So I’ve requested a MS partnership. We’ll see

4 Likes

Microsoft is ACTIVELY working on creating a Freeware Marketplace. It’s not done yet. They FULLY realize the potential for it.

The question was, can we upload our stuff now. The answer is kind of no. The process for joining the current Marketplace and releasing stuff to it is a BEAST, confusing, and I’m not interested at the current time. But I imagine over the next year or so, the process will become easier.

Please remember, as Microsoft, they are much more liable for licensing issues. Many of the repaints and products created for MSFS, as Microsoft becomes responsible for them through their Marketplace, probably won’t be accepted unless licensing agreements are created. Whereas many companies wouldn’t pursue the small guys, especially for freeware. Apparently some still do process cease and desist distribution actions, even against freeware. I think Vought was one of them, hence why Milviz created the Goodyear FG1-D instead of an F4U-1D.

This is exactly why Microsoft hasn’t created many airline liveries themselves. Jorg has been pursuing them for years because he understands the value of liveries, and unfortunately has had very little luck so far.

Complete silence from MS regarding my request, so I guess it’s not going to happen.
I don’t mind, because uploading seemed quite the procedure.
MS are not very communicative any way, I also asked for a paintkit or white texture for the Goose a while back, and got the same answer, complete silence

As noted in the Q&A, MS stopped considering adding new vendors a few months ago because their backlog on releasing what they had was much too large they didn’t want to add more. There is payware vendors who’ve been waiting months to hear from them on joining.

MS is hiring people and changing a lot of policies, so, you will eventually hear from them. Plus, you’re pretty famous on this board, so I’m sure you’ll be hearing from them eventually. But don’t expect it to be any time soon.

I agree with the above ^

In their last dev stream they talked a bit about it. They have a backlog of over 1000 items. That should drop fast with their new policies they have in place. Sounded like really good changes for the market.

we’ll see…
meanwhile, why not another paintjob for this wonderful model:
hep cat (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

hep cat (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

2 Likes