RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

Looking verrrrrry nice!

27 Likes

Definitely on my list!

5 Likes

One of my personal favourites ever since the days of the superb BAe Panel Project. Can’t wait for this.

5 Likes

Here’s a new Development Update direct from Project Lead Martyn Northall.

Surely @NORTMAR you guys have done well enough that you can hire a few more heads and you don’t have to be the project lead AND the coder AND the forum monitor AND the guy who writes updates :joy:

Or do we have to rename Just Flight to Just Martyn?

7 Likes

It’s funny how some folks seem to think flight sim third parties are large companies with dozens or hundreds of employees.

I mean, Asobo is
 But most of these folks are small businesses with staffs in the single digits working with outside artists and coders.

5 Likes

I’d like to think with Professional in the title that the product lives up to expectations as such. I say this because the level of dumbing down to cater for the mass market of gamers we’ve seen thus far in general has been disappointing. So, lets have some real dynamics for those who want to really fly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I take it you haven’t flown the Just Flight Hawk then? It’s absolutely superb.

3 Likes

Within the scope of flightsimulators there have always been addons that either simulate the idea of flying with an aircraft or simulate the actual aircraft. That’s fine, we all need to start somewhere with flying airlines without the real world degree of training.

I think the only ones that are “dumbed down” are not so much the masses you mention but those consumers not knowing the difference what type of addon they’re looking at when watching reviews. But they’ll get there too some day as they advanced into the flightsim community. :wink:

Nonetheless the JustFlight reputation is superb so no worries there.

6 Likes

The MSFS version has everything from the P3D version plus a lot more, so is even more realistic and immersive in every way. We make every effort to cater for simmers of all experience levels (e.g. ability to select aircraft states, full MSFS checklist support) but this is a ‘Pro’ aircraft so is designed to match the FCOMs as closely as possible.

We’ll be posting some videos in the coming weeks which should demonstrate that well.

Martyn - Just Flight

22 Likes

Looks great.
Hopefully VR will be as good as the Hawk?
You are definitely leading the way.

And I’ll have you know he has the temerity to take some weekend’s off too! That’s really not on. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, all the same VR features will be included as the Hawk T1.

Martyn - Just Flight

2 Likes

Is the FMS going to work like in the XP11 version?

There will be an FMS like in our P3D and XP11 versions but it won’t be reusing the same technology/code from either.

Martyn - Just Flight

2 Likes

Looks real nice, can’t wait for the release!

1 Like

This looks like its coming along nicely, looking forward to this one. I am sure if it ends up anything like the hawk or the Arrow’s it will be a joy to fly.

1 Like

Ok many thanks for the answer. I guess my real question is will it be as capable or possibly better?

Here’s a link to part two of this week’s development update on the 146. Martyn continues his test flight from Southampton to Bournemouth. Pics and accompanying text galore with the final part to follow later today.

7 Likes

Before disappearing for the weekend, no doubt :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got a 10mo daughter to keep me busy at the weekends!

Martyn - Just Flight

11 Likes