RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

We’re still lacking the API that we need to realistically simulate the weather radar but we are considering a more basic version in the meantime.

We are aiming to release both the custom UNS-1 FMS and the EFB performance data upgrade in the first couple of months of 2023.

Martyn - Just Flight

16 Likes

Thank you Martyn, a more basic version as a temporary solution would be amazing. Thank you for your amazing work! Best regards.

Hot tip for anyone trying to use the “Toolbar Pushback” add-on with the latest Bae-146 version.

I doubt that this is an issue with the aircraft itself, but if you are using this pushback tool and trying to push-back manually (since there is no tug), you’ll probably find that the directional slider is completely frozen and seemingly not working.

The workaround I’ve found for this is to:
a) Plan an automated push-back anyway (silhouette placement not important - just pick anywhere)
b) Activate it (nothing will happen, since there’s no tug)
c) Cancel the planned pushback
d) Now select “Manual” again. The directional slider should now be working.

I’m sure this is an issue with the pushback tool not being compatible with the latest BAe-146 update, but the comments section is disabled on flightsim.to . I’ll try to get in contact with the author and see if they can update their add-on in any way, but I can confirm that the above remedy has worked for me in the meantime.

Cheers,

Here is an idea for the team at justflight…

When you look to revisit the BAE146 again for any updates…

Could you have a retro version for the EFB a bit like the Islander as in the good old fashioned paper flip chart and little square tick box…

Have the ability where you have your flight planned through simbrief/navigraph which links with the Bae in the way that it has your flight plan and only the airports you have loaded in a thick wad of papers format (bit like the A32nx weather) and have the ability to tear a page i.e the approach plate to place on the yoke as you flick between yoke and visuals as you are on the finals for VOR in a stormy southerly wellington approach onto runway 16…

Imagine that… pure old school :school: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted a clipboard/kneeboard for the Hawk, so any system like that would be useable way beyond the 146…

Tearing a page off & sticking it to the yoke might take more effort than the rest of it together, tho :smiley:

Agreed.

I also find that winds have a really exaggerated affect on light GAs generally.

Does anyone know how to adjust it or is it baked into the sim engine ?

I mean a 15 knot wind does not buffet a Cessna at 120 knots like it’s in a hurricane…or does it ? No.

1 Like

The best videos ever were done for JF on the Dash 8.

Cost me 30 bucks for about 10 hours.

Superb.

Let’s hope Majestic make a majestic return.

(Pun totally intended, and quite rubbish :rofl:)

Doesn’t appear to be any way of doing anything about the exaggerated turbulence right now - if you look up a few posts I made a little clip of it abusing the 146, too - it seems to be some sort of canned effect. In a STOL aircraft it’s a complete nightmare, as is how small hills can produce up/downdrafts like they were mountainsides.

4 Likes

I have a problem. I buy very few add ons but I am tempted to get this Whisper Jet. But should I go ahead with the 146 or should I wait for the RJ…

With buying these older aircraft types that are fast becoming non-existent on real world routes…
It totally depends on

A) what nostalgia do you have with each aircraft (mine is the BAe as it has an impressive history in New Zealand and of which, was operated by four airlines over the almost 30 years, including my old home town of Rotorua while I was growing up, and have many vivid memories of its “quite” approach over all of my schools vs the 737-200 which both arrived at a very convenient time of 12pm while we would be outside playing.)

B) how competent are you with, or wanting to learn how to fly, and basically have ‘currently’ the only jetliner in msfs where the only situational awareness in the cockpit, are the masses of steam gauges and, with no magenta line to follow… VOR/NDB to VOR/NDB flying is the only way to navigate and know where you are… Unless you want to cheat (:raised_back_of_hand:I am guilty your honor :rofl::rofl:) and use Navigraph… the only thing being digital is the squak dial :rofl::rofl:
Or have something quirky and oldschool but still have a display of some sort and a magenta line to follow… especially in this day and age where radio navigation equipment are fast tracked to retirement…

I love the BAE146… its old-school but still relatively modern… it was very leading edge technology… and it fits exactly that flyibg I have fell in love with… will skip the RJ but will definitely get the F100

Depends… If you like modern aircraft with screens, EFIS etc. more than older analog cockpits then wait for the Avro.

Three of the airlines that operated these birds at my local airport Rotorua

5 Likes

Not just that, at the rate VORs are disappearing ( technically - they seem to just remove them from the AIP here without necessarily turning the VOR part off ) we’re going to need a radio nav mod soon for these old aircraft. Maybe we can hassle Navigraph or someone into doing a retro set of nav data.

1 Like

Rotorua. I was there almost this day two years ago. Just love it!

Well, back to BAe. I have PMDG 736 in my virtual hangar collecting dust. Just too modern for me. I love to have a Flight Simulator not FMC Simulator. But on the other hand, we really have fewer and fewer VOR:s.

There must be another way to navigate the BAe, not just with the VORs. How do YOU navigate with the 146?

VORs :stuck_out_tongue: there’s still just enough left, but that won’t be for long. Sometimes I turn the FMS on just to remember how to use it.

Wish the RAF ones had TACAN.

1 Like

PSA, possible expensive bug /incidence.
Ok, just had a really bad thing happen in the 146-200, after a reinstall i was flying at 10.000ft enroute to Kershon. On a sightsee IFR hop nice and low.

However i noticed the “Flipchart options” was not enabled. Instantly as i hit the button my PC said poof and a very strong electric smell came out of the case.
System managed to boot up again and i did checks and found nothing wrong. CPU and GPU temps all fine during follow up flights, memory and SSD tests all good.

So my gues is that somehow when i selected that option some freak bug happened and instantly overloaded one or more CPU cores causing a thermal shutdown.

Never had this happen before and “knock on wood” not yet now after.

@kikiDC3 Personally i use the FMS, as on the places i fly VOR’s often are too far and few and some don’t work.

Tbh i am waiting on a FM or gust update as i don’t like how the plane behaves in crosswind conditions. For me the 736 has put the 146 in the hangar as i quite enjoy having a working VNAV. So exited for the RJ.

1 Like

Pretty sure thermal overload isn’t a thing anymore, is it? the PU ( whether cpu or gpu ) will just slow itself once it hits it’s thermal limit. My own GPU is randomly shutting down & doing worrying things to my other PCIE devices, but that’s not due to overload. You might trip the PSU if you try drawing too much power, on the other hand ( quite how you did that with the options screen I don’t know :smiley: ) - some GPU transients can momentarily draw triple the power or more.

Could be, what ever it was it happened instantly on that press with zero indications/ warning.
Not sure either as to how something got that hot so fast.

Have flown around 15 more hours since then (one flights in the 146-200 again) and driven ACC and no further indications either.

I would absolutely love, feel that there would be more than enough support and would think it would be quite realistic thing to do for Navigraph to put a freeze on current real world radio navigation closures, this would be the perfect time to do it and keep all of the current VOR/NDB approach plates… especially considering we are now paying upwards of $100 for the service, it would be the best thing to do to keep the art of old school navigation alive in MSFS

I only navigate by VOR and NDB, never use GPS. If Navigraph would provide an option to have all disappeared NDBs and VORs I would subscribe just because of this feature.