RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s a realistic thing to do at all. Navigraph is just a middleman - they’re taking slightly gimped actual charts from Jeppesen (i.e. Boeing) and formatting them for their apps/webpage. I really doubt that their license with Jeppesen would allow them to retain obsolete charts in their offerings, for a variety of reasons. I’d be willing to guarantee that they are only permitted to offer Jeppesen-modified versions of current AIRAC charts. And Jeppesen obviously will NEVER keep closed/inactive nav aids on their charts, ever, for obvious reasons.

So I think records of closed navaids is only going to be a third-party archive project, and will never be forthcoming from Jeppesen/Navigraph, alas.

I completely understand regarding real life health and safety etc and also real world procedures that Navigraph are going for. But when you use navigraph, there are stipulations that these charts are for entertainment use only and not for real world activities.
Regarding VORs and NDBs, it would be a nice “to have” especially for new “old” aircraft coming onto msfs that are VOR NDB only. And Navigraph is the perfect program, I don’t want to have to pay another third-party for old navigation plates and program of navigraphs caliber.

As long as there is a decent community support and a demand from the users of Navigraph for old school navigation, especially through new “old” aircraft coming onto the market… There should be nothing preventing navigraph from speaking to those concerned (Jeppesen) and asking for permission in allowing to keep the current status quo of remaining NDBs and VORS, and the corresponding plates, purely for the personal entertainment for those who love old school along with extra ‘extra’ warnings/disclaimers stating, “these VORs/NDBs could be non operational at any time so please ‘please’ dont use these charts for real life and are purely for home entertainment!!!”

I have wanted this plane since I got msfs2020.

Sadly I play on Xbox so it’ll be at least until the patch in March which hopefully allows for more planes with more complexity to be in the Xbox version.

This plane, a sr71, b2 bomber, b1bomber, c5, hind-d, better 737 max and old school 737 hamster cage, md80, osprey, apache, bae146 of course and I could go on and on.

With any hope it’ll happen. Unless something awesome releases ive stopped spending as I’ve spent a few hundred bucks on planes and still don’t have an f16, f16, and all I’ve listed above I want.

I bet the bae 146 is fantastic tho. 4 engines on a small plane like that prolly is a rocket ship

1 Like

Yes, Navigraph don’t currently touch en-route data - I asked them specifically about that because the UK FIRs in the base navdata are horrendously wrong ( they’ve invented a control centre for one thing ). I was trying to gert AIP data for a closed airport & found there’s at least historic data online for most of the 2010s, but obviously that’s already well past the start of GPS-based nav. If you go back to even say, 2016, there’s significantly more radio nav infrastructure.

I think we could probably overlay another mod for radio nav on top of existing navdata, but the problem is getting decent reference material. @NORTMAR actually do you guys have any contacts that might help someone in a quest for vintage radio nav data? I already emailed the UK AIP contact about something else months ago & got ignored.

1 Like

Especially with msfs being a long term 10 year… well seven years left to go… .

There are are going to be a wave of old school aircraft coming on the scene, JF own F28, F70/F100 are fms… The current BAe146, Milviz 737-200, pmdg DC6… the list goes on… all of these aircraft would be virtually made redundant in a realistic sense as we progress from traditional nav aids to GPS…
You could even go as far as saying that the death of old aircraft analog cockpits as a virtual hobby is imminent…
Navigraph could seize on this and at least holt any more radio nav aid closures in future nav updates… speak to the supplier (Jeppesen) as DaveRV44 mentioned and ask if they can keep the remaining radio nav aids going forward…

Hehe, the 146 is far from a rocket ship. In fact it is the opposite as those 4 engines (hair dryers) are small.
In some conditions at MTOW specially on the -300 you may barely do 1000f/m
It also has a pretty slow cruise and ceiling of barely over 31.000ft in non icing conditions.

But it is a fun plane to fly.

1 Like

You might want to take up flying the -100 more - performance is quite surprising.

Yeah i know, but still not the snappiest airliner out there haha.
I mainly fly the 146-200 QT and CT. As i use the 736 for pax flights.

It’s something that we’ve been looking into for a while but we’ve not had much luck yet. We’ll keep trying though.

Martyn - Just Flight

1 Like

I’m usually quite good at ferreting this sort of stuff up too, but not so much when it comes to officialdom ( especially UK franchised officialdom! ). I’ll share anything I come across.

Sorry for my lack of participation on the forums recently, it’s been pretty manic on the RJ, F28 and F100 in recent months!

Just a quick note to say that we’re nearing the end of testing for our custom UNS-1 FMS, so it should be included in the next (free) update for our 146. More details coming soon.

Martyn - Just Flight

22 Likes

Hi all !
I have nice ice effect with the 100 version but nothing with the 300.
Is someone have ice effect on his 300 version or is it broken ?

Oh… that must be one of those realistic features that simulate “real world” “real life” fuse failures and computer failures that you have come across…

As real as it gets huh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ive also managed to drum up, and get seven or eight guys who are keen on a HS748… that should be enough to break even… maybe even a wee profit for a box of tea bags :grin::grin::rofl::rofl:

But the F100 will do just fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Cant wait to fly some Brittish Midlands routes

1 Like

Please ask a question, TMS voice does not broadcast V1 V2, what is the condition for voice broadcast?

Did you remember the strobes before lining up?

in the last few days the tablet won’t load anymore the flight plan, anyone else with this issue?
(I’m on latest marketplace version)

Ive been also getting that randomly when starting a session, sometimes it will load the flightplan from simbrief and from that, it will give you the option to load fuel and payload, other times.
It will be a endless loading and when you flick between pages, the flight plan will appear but, when it happens, the option of automatically loading the weights and fuel wont work

That could be caused by a mod conflict.

Thanks, Martyn. Looking forward to that FMS.

Sincerely hoping that the aircraft itself will be getting some inspections/tweaks too. A lot has happened Sim-Update-wise since the last Bae146 patch. :slight_smile:

Other than that, still one of the best aircraft to hand-fly in the sim!