RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

What really makes it study level? And yes 35$ is cheap and that is only because only a few people would buy it. Look what you get with Fenix,146, Fly by Wire, Salty, Airbus H135, Headwind 330 and how much they charge ( Or Not) for what you are getting. However you are correct it is about personal preference.

However 737 is a nice airliner it’s just not #1 for me.

Well, I don’t agree with you at all but as I said it’s OT here. There is a dedicated PMDG 737 thread.

2 Likes

The phrase or term ‘study level’ is again, relative. I’m sure there are people who regard the default C172 as study level. It depends on the individual.

I do agree with you though, FWIW.

2 Likes

All aircraft I use in the Sim are study level, because that is where the desk with the PC is. If I was playing on the Xbox while sitting on the couch, they would all be livingroom level.

8 Likes

Good point CD
Are the Xbox airliners study level? What is the thing that makes it study level on PC and not on Xbox?

Touché. Haha.

That also can be used as a definition :joy:

There is only ONE real study-level airliner in absolute outstanding quality, the precious Fenix. Everything else is waaaaaaay dumbed down and simplified and absolute different compared to the real thing :wink:

But my weakness for everything cargo-plane related forces me to perfectionize this beautyful little plane because it has a beautyful and comfortable analogue feel-good cockpit, and except from a few distorted textures the cockpit (I have already corrected these the upload for the cockpit overhaul comes in a few days) the cockpit looks absolute flawless - no bugged textur-glitches or clipping errors anywhere.
NICE!

1 Like

Uhm, not really :wink:

2 Likes

Almost sounds like a great intro to a Queen song a hidden gem… ‘gimmy the prize’ also a great one liner to a great film ‘highlander…’

But there can only be one plane… One whisperjet, One TMS, One four engine, One T-tail, One, clamshell airbrake, One BAe 146, One vision… fried chicken :poultry_leg:

2 Likes

I’d say Fenix and BAE are top notch along with the 414…

1 Like

Don’t know if this has been asked before but is the BAE incompativle with Toolbar Pushback?
When the parking brake is released, nothing happens. The tool does not recognize.
Anybody has a solution for that? Thanks

EDIT: Mind you, chocks were still installed, classic…

Well, I did try and get it into an Idaho USFS strip… ignoring the rather brisk but not actually a crash rate of descent, that would have been fine if there wasn’t an invisible tree! I’m determined to find some obscure gravel strip that’ll take it.

I use 1.3 ( because I think I hit the performance problem in 1.4 that people complain about ) & all works as it should.

Chocks is a killer, I forced 1.4 to push back a CRJ & wondered why it managed to put it on it’s tail :slight_smile:

Post SU10, I can’t seem to use the autopilot - as soon as I engage it it banks hard left, irrespective of FD status or any pre-selected mode. I’ve hit something similar in the past which can be worked around by using the sync button, but nothing seems to help this time.

Nice one.

‘Mic drop’ level comment :sunglasses::ok_hand::+1::medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports:

Could someone please answer 2 questions.

Has the promised feature update arrived yet ?

And, how is it with the SU10 sim ?

Thnx.

We’ve still not released it. Testing is in progress but, due to some code/package changes for SU10 compatibility, it’s going to be tomorrow now.

7 Likes

Other than my autopilot problem, which isn’t here today(!), business as usual with SU10, not that I’ve done all that much with it. Used to get the occasional pause flicking switches which has gone.

Tried to take the BAe146-100 for a spin with SU10 - first start resulted in a CTD (probably not the plane’s fault), second start resulted in me noticing my joystick was broken, third attempt (after restarting the sim, restarting the PC, unplugging the joystick, and noticing and unbending a bent pin on the connector cable) resulted in this fun bug:

After pushback, taxi and requesting + receiving takeoff clearance, I just couldn’t get the plane moving anymore. First I assumed a handling error (hydraulics pressure low due to me applying and releasing the parking brake multiple times? Perhaps brakes overheated?) but the hydraulics readouts etc all looked fine. I tried to see if I could move the machine at all with high enough thrust - as you can see, I went all the way up to TO N1, which did not in fact result in the plane moving AT ALL, but the airspeed indicator went up like it would during a normal takeoff, and I even got the copilot V1/Rotate/V2 callouts, all while standing completely still on the runway!

Is this a bug with the BAe146 (incompatibility with SU10, I’d assume), or just a regular MSFS bug?