RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

(for the record - i’ve now started the flight for the fourth time, and the bug did not reappear, but I’d still be interested in a reply, especially if I did actually make an operational mistake.)

Weird. I can’t see anything wrong in the screenshot. You have it configured properly for a takeoff.

Probably shouldn’t be doing that on a taxiway though…

I would have done it on the runway if I hadn’t been physically glued to the taxiway in this exact spot. And this was mostly for error analysis, not because taking off on a taxiway is something I think is a good idea.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a terrain glitch? Something like this happened to me at KDFW before they fixed it. There was a small “step” and I just got stuck there and even a full throttle didn’t help.

Took the 146 out for a spin today for the first time in months. And – yep, autopilot just wants to fly left at an atrocious level of bank. I just assumed I had totally forgotten how to fly the plane…

I’m not sure if it was coincidence, but I cycled the yaw dampers when it happened once & that kicked some sense into the AP…

Is there a rough ballpark ETA for the Avro… 1 month, 6 or 12 … which is closest ?

sounds kind of like you were in active pause.

Between 1 and 6, hopefully closer to the 1. Should have some new bits to show you quite soon.

3 Likes

Did a flight with the 200, Rotorua to Wellington, all worked really well… landing on 16 in 140/20 winds I did notice there was a wee bit of trouble with the ILS though and the auto-pilot disconnected at one stage but apart from that… nailed the landing

So Xmas pressie for me ?!
:+1::+1::+1::sunglasses:

I wonder if @SinewyDolphin74 is Scott … :thinking::thinking::ukraine:

Looking forward to the update! Should be releasing today if I understand it correctly?

We’ve just released the update on our website (Marketplace version coming soon):

• Annunciator clarity/resolution improved
  • Minor exterior texture improvements
  • Performance (FPS) improvements
  • EFB upgrades:
    • Doubled screen resolution
    • Interactive checklists, in addition to the existing MSFS checklist support
    • A top-of-descent calculator with the option to manually input altitudes, speeds and descent requirements or to have those sync’d from the sim
    • An on-screen/virtual keyboard, especially useful for VR users
    • An improved Navigraph charts screen with automatic selection of departure and arrival airports based on your SimBrief OFP, and ability to favourite charts for quick reference
    • METARs for your SimBrief OFP departure, arrival and alternate airports
  • FDE tweaks (including improvements to the CG)
  • Autopilot Go-Around (GA) mode fixes
  • Airbrakes now extend further when hydraulic pressure is depleted
  • Roll spoiler deployment range more closely matches the real aircraft
  • ADF frequency now increments in 0.5 rather than 0.1 kHz steps
  • ALT ARM no longer disengages when the selected altitude is changed
  • Engine fan blade animations fixed on the -200QT and -300 variants
  • Take-off callout logic tweaked to reduce delays between V1, VR, V2 and gear up calls
  • Storm panel lighting added
  • IOAT and auxiliary pitot probes added to exterior
  • Water servicing door added to exterior
  • Use of anti-icing (engine/airframe) now affects engine performance, reducing N1 by approx. 1% and increasing fuel flow by approx. 9%
  • VHF NAV 1 display tweaked to more closely match the real unit
  • GPU beacon light effect added
  • EFB config menu option added for disabling visible QC/QT cargo containers (for GSX users)
  • Ice detection warning logic changes
  • INCREASE/DECREASE AP PITCH HOLD REFERENCE ASSIGNMENT logic fixed, allowing for control over autopilot pitch or vertical speed
  • SU10 compatibility changes
  • Manual updated to reflect software changes, control assignments section added

Martyn - Just Flight

30 Likes

Great news, thank you! Any chance we might get a GSX profile (or several, given the number of variants) from JF at some stage please?

We’re currently testing some GSX profiles although we’re finding it difficult due to some quirks of GSX itself. We’ll supply the profiles ASAP.

Martyn - Just Flight

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty plausible, wouldn’t be the first time I’d activate it by accident and without noticing.

Very excited for the Avro RJ, btw.

1 Like

Finally I had a chance to try the 146 after the update and it was a great experience. The new EFB is awesome, especially I like the TOD calculator. The performance calculator coming later will be a dream come true. Flyingwise everything worked as expected. Thanks JF! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just updated the 146, and I wanted to congratulate Just Flight for making this superb aircraft even better. It now seems to handle more smoothly and realistically both on the ground and in the air. We’ll done.
I disagree about the desirability of the TOD calculator. Im no mathematical genius, but it’s such an easy calculation to make, simply take the FL and divide by three. So FL300 means 100nm TOD range for a destination at sea level. Rate of descent to maintain a 3 degree approach, take the grounds speed, halve it and add a nought at the end to give you a rate of descent. So 400kt ground speed, 2000 ft rate of descent required.
It’s easy to recalculate these while making the approach, as in reality, especially with radar vectoring by ATC, or strong winds or re-routeing, its difficult to know the exact distance to touchdown. A good ATC radar controller should update distance to touchdown during radar vectoring. It’s easy in a Bae146 as the speed brake and high drag flaps allow you to easily increase the rate of descent if a little high. An A320/A321 has very small speed brakes and powerful engines on idle coupled with quite a small and highly efficient wing, designed at Hatfield by the same team that designed the 146 coincidentally. The smaller Airbus jets seem to have great difficulty in maintaining a higher rate of descent than 3 degrees, and in my experience often needed extended routing to touchdown if a little high or fast.
I’m looking forward to the performance calculator, but in the meantime there is the following version available on Flightsim. to

2 Likes