[RELEASED] Man's Best Friend | Got Friends

Learning alot with the Gee Bee R3 Special. With it’s release around the corner. I would like to formally announce my next solo undertaking. It’s not an aircraft mod, but a companion mod. I wasn’t sure where to post this thread, but it deals with aircraft mods.

I’ve laid the seeds and planted the idea in both the EA-7 Edgley Optica and Gee Bee R3, but now it’s time for:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Man’s Best Co-Pilot

This mod will feature a variety of fluffy companions and each will be able to be be attached to PILOT_X nodes by selecting them in the main menu/settings. Making it compatible with every native aircraft in your inventory!

Freeware as always! See you all soon! Love and Hugs from (Kilo - Golden Retriever) pictured below. He will be the headliner in this series of multiple pals. Not only is he the first complete companion, but also digitally immortalized in memory of my Kilo.

I will be posting updates and development images as I find time. Please comment with any breed and/or animal you would like to see and upvote each other’s replies!

55 Likes

Fantastic idea!!! Definitely following this project.

1 Like

Oh that’s super cute! Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

(I’m more of a cat person myself, so I’d love to see a feline companion if you get the chance! :heart_eyes_cat: )

9 Likes

+1 for a cat, but any furry co-pilot beats a human one…

3 Likes

The Optica companion is one thing, but to have the option in all native aircraft is a real contribution to the whole community and a selling point for MSFS! It’s inspired!

5 Likes

That was my goal with this mod. Adding it to my own aircraft was an awesome undertaking and helped me understand the practical side of it. Now with the ability to add them to pilot nodes, you’ll be able to select them from the menu like any other pilot/co-pilot and take your favorite aircraft for a spin!

5 Likes

I would have dowloaded the Optica regardless, but have to admit that it was the dog that made me search for the download all those months ago. Is there any chance of animation being involved in K9 2.0??

2 Likes

All pets will use bone animation (Unlike the Edgley-optica versions that used standard animation). So it will definitely be a push into a new direction. Just like the pilots have basic animations (Head Tilt, Hand Movement, Etc) the companions will also have basic life animations. Now in regards to the animal staying on the seats and using the pre-determined node placements on all Aircraft, the companions will more than likely not move too far forward, backwards, and definitely not up or down to ensure they stay on their seats and act the same regardless of the aircraft selection. But I plan on incorporating SimVar animations for tight turns, rough landings, etc so the companion will directly react to what you are doing in the aircraft.

7 Likes

Perfect!!! Well behaved pets taking in the scenery… This is going to be Epic! We want these yesterday! No pressure! :joy:

In all seriousness, everyone will love this project and it should be featured in the weekly development updates!

2 Likes

Ooohh, a guide dog for blind pilots, that’s nice !

He thanks you a lot
:wink:

8 Likes

Best addon ever! Looking forward to see how it will progress!

Here is a photo of my boy, just in case if you are looking for more models LMAO :smiley:

Seriously, if you need i can send photos. He is a mini goldendoodle, so he may be little small for an aircraft seat.

9 Likes

Perfect! I have a Large Golden Doodle, it’s always nice to see them shrunk down to a more manageable size! Haha mine is off the walls.

5 Likes

Great idea,

How about a red merle Aussie and a border collie?

1 Like

So cool! Thanks for all the great stuff you create, Jonx.

And please, please, please do a cat. Gus and Simon love heights and would appreciate their virtual doppelgangers being able to fly.

9 Likes

I want a “bunny”

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea! Probably more capable than AI Co-pilot Charlie too!

This is brilliant. :grin:

Request for a tan coloured Pug :+1:

He is clearly a talented aviator as well as being insanely cute! Inverted flight with paws off the controls! Brilliant, made my day!

1 Like

Yup. Absolutely brilliant.
Looking forward to it.

Jim-Sim

You could call it “Doge Is My Co-Pilot”

1 Like