Released: MD-80

As per the Leonardo forums/FB, the Maddog MD-82 will be released on April 30th!

https://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F13500-msfs2020-development-news%2F&fbclid=IwAR1ctF9e7ob0hTJgg_9r-FmP73WNuEo7Po6GRyP7uC_jiHqdpAtiw2nC6_4

20 Likes

Well, almost EUR 90 if you want to have it in Germany. Not sure if I will go for it, but likely yes, since the PMDG release date seems at nowhere.

4 Likes

Best news ever!

“Won’t go lost in chatter talk. Here’s the date, here’s the price” I know a few developers who could learn from that! Loving it! :joy:

19 Likes

As someone whose had it in past sims, it is worth every cent. In my opinion, it is at, or even exceeds, PMDG level.

13 Likes

True! It is really immersive and a great product.
I trust them to deliver the same experience and it is worth that price.

There are other airliners, cheaper, for the casual gamers :wink:

3 Likes

About $81 USD at current exchange rates. Looks like it’s worth it but having spent too many hours in the cheap seats of DC-9/MD-80/81 series planes sitting next to those fuselage mounted engines, I’m going to wait to see the community reaction after launch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quite the high price :grimacing: It has a great reputation in other sims and it’s my favorite liner, so…

… can’t wait to have it in only a handful of dans :heart_eyes:

“Fly the Maddog X will be available via SimMarket only.”

Welp. There goes my interest in the project. That’s a shame, I was looking forward to it too.

No in-game marketplace, no buy.

10 Likes

It looks really good, and I do like the McDonnell Douglas planes. Will probably wait a bit, maybe until after the 737. €75 turns into quite a lot of ZAR once you do the conversion.

This is great news and a day one purchase. I’ve been using the Maddog since 2007 (maybe earlier) and have missed it in MSFS. PMDG 737 will have to wait! I can strongly recommend the MD80.

3 Likes

Edit: I will not buy the MD-80…I bought it already a few years ago… :frowning:

*Uh oh :worried: !! I’m gonna have to buy and learn two new « complex » aircraft in the same week !!! Lol *
BAE and the MD-80 … not complaining hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This will give you a taster!

7 Likes

I was really looking forward to this one! It seems they got the pin for being the first to bring a study level airliner to MSFS, well done!

4 Likes

Excellent news indeed!!! This will give me a great airliner to fly while waiting for the PMDG 737-800 and -900 since they are the only two variants I want and the last two to release lol. The Maddog is more than enough to keep me busy for a couple of months and I have great memories of riding in Delta’s MD-88 so many times :slight_smile:

I’m very excited!

6 Likes

Some of you people die on the strangest hills. It doesnt have to exclusively be on one store or the other. I don’t get why it has to be a simmarket exclusive.

If you’re not a fan of the markeplace you can almost always buy an addon elsewhere. However in this case if you ARE a fan of the marketplace system you’re SOL as in this case it’s exclusively being sold elsewhere. Forcing you to use that other retailer if you want the aircraft. I’m big on consumer choice as opposed to exclusives.

I said “welp” because I was looking forward to the aircraft and this is a dealbreaker for me, as I only buy from the marketplace now for the sake of simplicity (tired of dealing with multiple websites, logins and product keys from back in the fsx/p3d/xp11 days). So you can facepalm all you want, what’s a dealbreaker for me doesnt need to be a dealbreaker for you.

Hopefully they reverse the decision and offer the aircraft through more retailers to include the msfs marketplace. But I’m not holding my breath.

10 Likes

Yup looks like I’ll miss out on all Carenado products for MSFS because of Marketplace exclusivity.
Not feeling Marketplace for now…

3 Likes

And I parted ways with simmarket and their great new installer… Exclusivtiy has many sides. So the maddog will not fly for me.

6 Likes

Ditto…simmarket app a nono…

1 Like

Guys this is a thread about the release date, I understand why some might not be happy with exclusivities, but lets keep on topic !

4 Likes