Released: MD-80

Yet Just Flight managed to garner much more attention here with a 146 than Leonardo here with its MD80 on this forum…

That being said, there’s much more attention in the AvSim forum which makes me believe Leonardo has some kind of an “elitist” approach to its product and only want to appeal to its hardcore simmer clients. I don’t have a problem with this though. Their company, their strategy. And I certainly won’t be against a company seeing itself as an elite developer if it has that good of a reputation to deliver near flawless products everytime.

Yeah, exactly. The BAe 146 isn’t (wasn’t?) common at all in the US. It was DC-9s/MD-80 series, 737s and sometimes 727’s for a lot of short-hauls in the US. Now it seems like a lot of those short-hauls are Embraers, Regional Jets and the like.

Well, I hope the new plane is received well by the community - it would be great to have another high-quality plane for the sim.

Probably because just flight are already well known to recent newcomers of this sim. Unless those new people branched out to P3D or FSX, most new people have probably never heard of Leonardo.

1 Like

On other forums where all the hardcore simmers are, there seems to be a rarely seen absolute consensus that every past versions of this payware were at each of their time and platform one of the very finest and top-of-the-line aircraft addon. Not just regarding a simulated MD-80, but among all aircraft paywares. So it seems like a blessing it comes to MSFS surprisingly quick.

4 Likes

Unless textures are not top notch but a basic port from P3D…

1 Like

Think I’ll reserve judgement until it’s out before I make sweeping assumptions of what was “reused” and what is new development. Only the developers know that at the moment.

5 Likes

That’s actually true, so my judgement might be too hasty. The pictures above seem quite convincing though that same textures are used.

1 Like

If only videos from the beta were available on youtube… oh wait :slight_smile:
Assumptions on textures are more than funny.

1 Like

Is there any information which liveries will be included? Hope that not only the iconic (but historic) liveries of Iberia, Alitalia or American are avialable, but also some liveries of active MD-80s like European Air Charter or the Iranian airlines (or maybe the fantastic liveries of Danish Air Transport, which used to fly the MD-80 until last year :heart_eyes:)

If they are not present, you can be sure some people will make them and they end up on flightsim.to

Don’t worry about liveries :wink:

1 Like

In P3D all the classics like Delta, American, Iberia, and Alitalia were included. Assuming that will be the case in MSFS.

I think there was SAS and Austrian too and I saw a video with an Aero Lloyd and Reno Air skin? So probably some more. But I guess there will be a lot of skins later on anyway.

eww, simmarket only :-1:

4 Likes

Looking foward to the MD-80 and have no previous experience of buying from Simmarket. This seems to be a hot topic but could anyone summarise what the problem is? Scams, bad installer / app, high mark-up etc?

Thanks

Simmarket is fine. Their program is a little clunky, but it’s ok. People just like having everything in one place, so it’s easier to manage updates etc… There was a point in time when I decided to only buy from the Sim Maarketplace, but I then realised that updates there come are slower and there are frequent problems with the billing.
Now I only buy from Simmarket or other sources.

Aha, I see :slight_smile:

Well, using only one marketplace seemed appealing to me at first too but that ship sailed pretty quickly back in 2020. Whichever vendor can supply what I want in terms of availability, installer-functionality / UI and price (in that order) usually wins for me. Sure, I now have to spend quite some time updating from mulltiple sources but that’s still quicker and less irritating that having to wait extra for something in a certain channel.

1 Like

Guys I got the plane today and have been test flying it around and reading the documentation all morning, I am still making my video review but just WOW, this is in a whole different level than we have had up until now, I have flown a lot in this plane and this feels completely like the real thing.

Once I finish learning all the ropes I will upload my final impressions, but so far, yeah, it is WAY far ahead of anything launched up until now, and I dare say even than things that have not yet launched but are highly anticipated, no wonder they call it a “study level plane” in the documentation.

A few pictures from the model:

11 Likes

The Hype kicks up a gear, LOL! @Hugothester Will it be in English?

The video itself will be in spanish but I will translate the most relevant points in my post in the forum

More pictures after arrival:

5 Likes

What a crazy stance to take. In Game market place = Delayed updates, longer loading times while it checks for updates as the sim loads. Good luck with that!

5 Likes