[RELEASED] Mini-500 | Got Friends

The update is out and it now works perfectly with the xbox controller and with the fighterjet preset again!
THANK YOU!!

This really is a MUST BUY!
The best flying helicopter in the game!!
Feels fantastic! God I have missed it!!

3 Likes

Mini-500 on Sale!
Marketplace: July 14th - July 31st

Price: $9.99 (33% Off)

1 Like

I’ve just brought this Helicopter and I’m having trouble with the rotor and engine running to high whenever I raise the collective. The governor light is on but doesn’t seem to working. Ive also found I can’t switch the governor off, as the blue light just keeps coming back on as soon as I do so.

It flies really nice! But can someone help me out so it can run properly please?

Edit: I’ve just read through this and see the governor’s been taken out, however even when I’ve bound the collective to the axis as suggested, I’m still getting the same problem? The rotor over speeds to the max, and the engine overheats.

1 Like

Do you have a throttle axis mapped? If so try adjusting the throttle or unmapping it.

Have this problem too. Mapping of the engine axis isn’t possible for me. My joystick have no fourth axis to map. I would say the great helicopter is Brocken at this feature and I didn’t use it anymore. Hope of a patch to bring the function back. But it is several weeks ago where the previous version, with working governor, was removed for this version. A rollback isn’t available :frowning: So I would suggest a refund.

2 Likes

In the latest update - 1.05 - they removed the governor switch and the twist grip, because they are waiting for further improvements from Asobo. For me this is just childish behavior of a developer, destroying a great working helo with this crazy update. Looks like they don´t care about their clients…

1 Like

It looks like the same question is being brought up again. I will take this time to layout the facts and also give the community the working solution in the meantime.

We released Version 1.0.4. with a working governor and throttle system. Soon after, Asobo changed the way turbine helicopters were governed and throttled. This primarily affected Xbox and Controller Users and we made the decision in 1.0.5. to rollback to an automated governing system. However, due to core coding changes, this unfortunately places the RPM limits in the Red. We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

I can promise you this not “childish behavior” from us. If anything, most clients know that Got Friends find solutions to limitations. The Governor and Throttle behavior is fully limited by choices Asobo made to the core engine. This is affecting every turbine helicopter developer out there using the native helicopter system. Please read the following threads for more in-depth information:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/14773/su12-beta-twin-engine-helicopter-throttle-is-not-c.html
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/15684/is-there-a-helicopter-throttle-position-simvar-aut.html
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/15329/helicopter-turbine-n1-n2-something-is-very-off-su1.html

As mentioned in the Flight Manual, which is publicly available, we have addressed these issues multiple times. However, due to this conversation, I have decided to reinstate version 1.0.4. on our website. Log into your account, click on your order/download number and you will download a “Mini-500-Choice.zip”. After extraction, you can decide which version you want to use in your Community Folder.

It’s really disheartening for me to read the conversation above and see such animosity from the Flight Simulation Community. We are working on a fix and have been given quite the handful of limitations. We are in talks with other turbine helicopter developers and trying to find a solution together. We understand our limitations and trust me, we don’t want to be limited. Hopefully we will find answers soon, but for now, we simply ask that you continue to enjoy using either Version 1.0.5. (Automated Governor) or Version 1.0.4. (Manual Governor/Twist Grip) and stay patient with our team as we work through this issue.

Official Website: https://www.got-friends.com/

Cheers,

• Jonx
21 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am with you on this. Good work. Thank you for options.

Both versions don´t work for me. RPM is much too high on both, with or without “governor” - but more stable on 1.05 . I don´t know what is gone wrong with the Mini 500, but there are no other turbine helos with the same problem. Asobo has to find solutions for the current limitations of the Sim - yes.
But these 2 versions are not very much fun. Good idea to speak with other helicopter developers, hope you´ll find better solutions soon. No bad meanings with my comments, just frustration - wish you the best for the next Mini 500 version…

1 Like

1.04 is working for me.

Not sure what’s going on with Heikok, but I’ve had great fun flying the Mini 500. Every system and setup is different, but I have not had any issues with any of the helis except for the S300. I blame that one on my TM Warthog stick not having an extension. I prefer the FM be authentic rather than “easy”.

I have no probs with any other helo, it´s not about controller. Rpm is in the limits on your system?

We certainly do care about our clients. The removal of govenor and twist in 1.0.5 was a direct response to allow roughly half of Mini500 owners on Marketplace Xbox Series S/X to use the helicopter again.
Imagine purchasing a helicopter on launch day, it working fine for as long as you can remember. Then suddenly SU12 drops, and you cant even get off the ground, despite the product remaining unchanged. Pretty disappointing right?

We got flooded with support emails immediately and attempted to provide fixes across version 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and eventually even though 1.0.4 worked as intended, it required custom keybinds that many users did not wish to bother with… After the immense feedback, 1.0.5 restored the Helicopter back to the way it functioned similar at launch as a temporary measure till Asobo adds proper support in sim specifically for Turbine helicopters. Hope that may help change your perspective as to why we made this decision for 1.0.5.

Its difficult to create content for an ever shifting platform but thats what makes it exciting at the same time. Certainly a balancing act to please all parts of our audience. We now offer both 1.0.4 (Manual Govenor/Twist Throttle) and 1.0.5 (Automated) to owners on our website. If you’re on PC but own it on marketplace, drop us an email at gotfriends.marketing@gmail.com, and link us a ‘proof of purchase’ screenshot of the MS invoice and I’ll personally send a link to the 1.0.4 build.

Cheers

• GotFriends Mykrode
14 Likes

You are doing GREAT!
The problem is msfs in so many ways.

1 Like

Thanks for this :slight_smile:
Now I can enjoy again one of the most Beautiful helicopters in msfs2020

Thanks for the info everyone.

Ah, so it’s just how it is at the moment, that’s fine.
It still flies great! It’s just I was thinking I had something set up wrong and it was bugging me. Now I know it’s just a bug, I can ignore the RPM dial and enjoy flying till it’s sorted.

After finding this very long thread - I emailed customer service since I purchased the Mini-500 from the marketplace in MSFS2020 and had NO idea of the issues. Unlike the other Gotfriends addon’s I’ve tried out, this one flew horrid. I suspected the issue was with the governor, more than 102 constant engine rpm and the very high NR RPM. Then I did some research and found this thread. I them emailed GotFriends asking how I can obtain v1.0.4 since I have the marketplace item. They gave me the link, to download 1.0.4 and attached a purchase to an account on their site to download for future updates. Thanks much for that.

Good news, after deleting the marketplace v1.0.5 and installing the v1.0.4 from the link they provided into the “custom” folder for addons - I can say this FINALLY flys correctly. Almost all the issues I had with the 1.0.5 version were gone (though I think the anti-torque pedals need more authority still but… I digress). This was the product I expected from GotFriends. I have to thank Jonx and the CS over at GotFriends for getting a more functional product into my hands.

However… the entire hassle of this procedure is an issue and clearly a lot of unhappy folks are raising concerns. In my email to them I asked for some clarification on how I could get the 1.0.4 since I had the marketplace version. In follow up emails I questioned if there way a way to have 2 separate downloads available one for the xbox folks and one for the pc folks with a working governor and throttle on the marketplace. I know a few other addons do something like this. Unfortunately this was the response I received;

“As stated, the Mini-500 has been added to your Got Friends account. When you go to your account and download the Mini-500, it allows you to select either 1.0.5. or 1.0.4. That option is already available on our website. As for Microsoft, they will only host the latest version. Since Xbox will only work with v1.0.5. that will remain the sole version on the marketplace until we can render these issued resolved.”

My reply;
You guys should put a formal statement to this effect on your website FRONT AND CENTER for the product with some details for how to obtain the optional 1.0.4 for both purchases though your website and through the FS2020 marketplace. Further, a description of the issue should be in the marketplace item in MSFS2020 pointing to your site for further clarification. I should NOT have to dig through the FS2020 forums to find out about this issue and work on a resolution for this. Make this as clear as possible to folks who are purchasing your product. It is currently NOT clear. There are effectively two versions out there that can be obtained - one meant more for the xbox and one more fully functional one for the PC folks with working throttle and governor. From my perspective, this seems rather disingenuous to have a “more fully functional” version available to customers only when complaints are raised with little to no information on this issue in the provided marketplace purchased documentation or the item description pre-purchase on either the marketplace in fs2020 or on your website. Moving forward this will cause me to pause and hesitate purchasing anything from your development team again without a lot of reviews, research and waiting to see what issues appear. I’ve been disappointed so far in how this has been handled.

Thank you for your feedback.

If you have anymore questions regarding your purchase, please follow up with our support email. We don’t usually browse customer support posted in forums. Email is still the best way to reach out to our team.

As mentioned in our email response, we have taken your feedback and will be discussing it tomorrow as a team.

In regards to the updates, hopefully these past replies here in the forums can help you understand our decision on the matter and how they also directly affected our Xbox and Cloud Customers as well.

Cheers

2 Likes

Mini-500 Official Update:
Version 1.0.6. + Phaseout of Replacement Packages

Important Update Information:

• Please Delete “Economy Replacement Packages” and “Sky4Sim Replacement Packages” pertaining to the Mini-500 from your Community Folder prior to updating to Version 1.0.6.
  • We have implemented these systems into the Mini-500 by default and keeping those old packages will conflict with the latest update.

Version 1.0.6. Changelog:

• Default Behaviors’ is Governor ON with Twist Grip Automated
  • Governor Re-Added to Cockpit
  • Twist Grip Re-Added to Cockpit
  • Governor Automated Control Tuned
  • N1 Over RPM (Governor On) Fixed
  • Flight Model Adjusted (RPM/Governor Control)
  • Flight Model Adjusted (Trim Values)
  • Trim(s) Interactions on Cyclic Re-Added
  • Visual Effects Toggle (Black Button on Cyclic) (Permanence)
  • Stall Effects Toggle (Switch Below Fuel Pump) (Permanence)
  • Working Title Garmin 530 Fully Implemented and is now Default
  • Removed Economy Replacement Package (Not Needed Anymore)
  • Added Sky 4 Sim Toggle to Top of Tablet (Power Button)
  • Removed Sky 4 Sim Replacement Package (Not Needed Anymore)
  • Re-Added Clutch Switch (Still INOP) (Waiting on Asobo’s Fix for Turbine Engines)
  • Updated Flight Manual with New Information

Marketplace Version Information:

• Version 1.0.6. has been sent to Microsoft for Ingestion.
  • We do not have control of their timeline. Please keep an eye out for Marketplace Release.

Website Update Available Now: https://www.got-friends.com

16 Likes