[RELEASED] Ole' Canoe | Got Friends

Official Release | Ole’ Canoe | Got Friends

The Got Friends Team decided to embark on something more relaxing this weekend…

Take a break, relax and enjoy this instant premier as Ron Swanson guides you through the ultimate breakthrough in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Watch the Official Trailer and Download Now:

22 Likes

thanks for doing this, GF!!! it’s such a nice little addon and a great change of pace.

@Baracus250 assuming we’ll be seeing this on one of your lists here shortly?

edit: it would be a perfect way to end one of those willy flights… just sayin’ :smiley:

1 Like

What an absolute delight this is

|

5 Likes

The first true study level addon for the sim.

18 Likes

Love the noice cancelling headsets. :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s not often that you see triplets out canoeing together! :laughing:

4 Likes

I feel a race coming on!
Down the Victoria falls? (And yep, I mean from the top!)

2 Likes

Next time I’m on the pc I’ll be downloading this. I wonder where you start it from, is it via ‘slew mode?’

That or a water “runway” I assume.

For added relaxation, I wonder what my new haptic seat makes of it! Rowing + massage sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Trying now!

1 Like

Just need to see a few crocs in the water now….mmm, might try this on the Okavango Delta, that has crocs and Hippos.

What is the seat like by the way?
Sadly I have no room for one.

need some barrels for the Niagara Falls?

I just tried it out and selected a point above a river and hit “Fly Now”. She drops straight into the river and off you go.

I paddled a stretch of the River Avon that I know well near me between Bath and Bristol and as well as being great fun it gave me a whole new perspective on what an achievement MSFS is. From river level the DEM is even more impressive, down to the railway embankment running alongside the river.

As a different experience for any of us that likes to fly low and slow, it was quite something to hear birdsong along the river, see a variety of trees thanks to Rex Accuseason, see birds flying overhead thanks to SouthOak, see and hear traffic going overhead (in real time) into Bristol Airport thanks to FSLTL and boats in the local marina thanks to Mamu.

I think Got Friends have knocked it out of park again. For $0 you can’t go wrong!

@DigitalJonx - we just need the option for a dog or a cat companion in the canoe with us.

2 Likes

10/10 for the video, perfect note lol. Will enjoy going over waterfalls in it!

Onl a slightly related note has anyone done a wakeboard? I think a windsurfer would be rather clunky but as a wakeboard is basically a parachute dragging a human, that’s probably doable.

Excellent! Easily worth ten times the price!

I shall be waiting for the first Transatlantic crossing video (it won’t be by me, though I did make it across Loch Ness).

2 Likes

Made a little’n’quickly-edited video :slight_smile:

(…typical of MSFS, the “stunt” works and then a simple thing like going under a bridge is it’s downfall!!)

The thing’s great actually. Would definitely recommend! I won’t fly without it now - it feels like something is missing if I forget to activate it! Definitely adds to the experience IMHO. Strangely, it actually feels like you have been somewhere and done something when you “step out” and every aircraft has a unique feeling. I love it!

What do you mean you have no room for one? You fly standing up currently? :crazy_face:

And a carbon fibre racing variant please :smiley:

11 Likes

That’s one hell of a first date - let us know if you get a second one! :rofl:

The weirs on the Avon behave in a similarly weird way.

Having buckled in the sales to your endless promotion of the Wilma, I now know that I need a haptic seat cushion… :roll_eyes:

Oh yes, one of those too…

1 Like

You guys gotta work with SuperSpud and animate the guy!
(see his animated 3D people library)

2 Likes

Haha that was awesome!

1 Like

Nah, squeezed into a small room in an expensive chair, I’d be toast if I kicked the chair and replaced it.

Haven’t got round to VR yet, but when I do I’m going to put a small fan on the table in front of me for the biplanes… your chair, the fan, it all pushes the experience closer and closer.

Brilliant video by the way.