[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

I do want this, but due to the exponential rise in crashes on the Xbox since SU9 (particularly on approach/landing) I’ve recently made the conscious decision to not purchase anything more in terms of addons. If I either can’t land, or are worried about the sim crashing to an extent where I can’t focus on approach/landing, then why waste money.

Beyond frustrating, using the sim, at present.

Can’t say I blame you. I have said to Microsoft / Asobo on numerous occasions to stop adding more and more stuff and start focusing on building a stable sim first, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

8 Likes

Rest assured mate haha it is something I will be purchasing in future as it is an undeniably great product, but at the moment I am considering an enforced break from the sim as it’s not particularly enjoyable for me at the moment. I unfortunately know that a lot of other Xbox users are also feeling similarly despondent.

A break from the sim or abstention of purchasing given the horrific state of xbox at the moment is entirely sane. I’m having a few day’s break myself for this reason.

As to Concorde on xbox, myself and other xbox users have found the combination to be reasonably stable and not prone to frequent CTD. The fact it is natively implemented and not full study level detail seems to make it less taxing than many other combinations. I’ve had less CTD in Concorde than in a cessna, and it’s a lot better than the default A320. Not zero, but rare.

1 Like

I’ve just finished with deleting my reserved space. And then downloading about 120GB of updates, and content. If the issues persist then I will be hanging up the yoke for a bit, until SU10 I think.

More crashes, unfortunately. So I’m taking a break for a while. It’s lost the enjoyment element for me now, with all these CTD’s. I’d rather not waste any more time and money on it until I see tangible improvement.

2 Likes

Been flying this bird the last few days and loving it! I had purchased it a month ago but wanted to read the manual\this thread first before flying and then life got busy, but got around to it and what a blast to operate. You get a sense of accomplishment after a successful takeoff,cruise, descent and landing, if things aren’t correct it can get “interesting” in a hurry. Well done devs!

6 Likes

Yeah, I thought that after I get PMDG 737, Fenix A320 and JF BAe 146 I will stop flying Concorde but actually I still fly it here and then and right now on my way from PGUM to VTBD, a leg from 1999 World tour. There is just nothing like flying an airliner at Mach 2. Especially deceleration and approach phases are phenomenal in this aircraft.

5 Likes

I’m still enjoying the heck out of Concorde too and am currently on leg 78 of my 200 leg round the world, every country, Concorde tour (haven’t crashed once!). There are still a few quirks already mentioned in this thread and acknowledged by DCD as being on the to-do list, but none of them are game breaking and most are pretty minor and certainly not significantly affecting my enjoyment of this aircraft.

5 Likes

Is it worth buying?

Only if you like airplanes

4 Likes

The most beautiful airliner ever built and flying over the pond in about 3 hours? Worth every penny.

5 Likes

All day long and twice on Sundays…

1 Like

There are better choices if you want to fly low and slow with big windows.

1 Like

Nice and fun plane without the need of hard workloads, gave me a lot of fun but I personally am more into the ultra realistic Fenix A320 at the meantime

1 Like

I’m really enjoying the PMDG 737, but the Concorde keeps drawing me back in with her sexy lines :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just bought it for my Xbox an flew a short trip from Paris to London with a huge detour. There is really a lot of work to do during a flight I will be busy for the forthcoming months. But yes, it is with it.

5 Likes

Can anyone lend insight on what states are not saved (if any) when you save a transatlantic flight to a file before heading off to bed? :stuck_out_tongue:

The Flight plan

Is anyone else having trouble taking off when starting from cold and dark or am I doing something wrong?

If I start with the A/C on the runway it takes off, but from cold and dark no way…I follow the check list in the sim and still won’t lift off the tarmac.

Oh, I’m playing on Xbox