[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Our philosophy is that it should be as complicated as you want it to be. That is to say, normally in real life a checklist forces to review all the systems from a simple fuse to a light bulb or switch or system that does not work. Although I respect that other developers make this mandatory, we take the liberty of not doing it and let the user decide what they want to do. I personally find it fun and immersive to do a check and I do, but I don’t always do it because I just feel like flying at the time or relaxing after a day’s work. If something becomes mandatory it stops being fun for me. The idea of ​​the concorde is that you are a pilot, you are an engineer, you are part of the crew or the passengers if you want to do so. That is the experience that we wanted to bring you and we hope you like it.

That said, there are switches that have no functionality or impact on the plane simply because the base game doesn’t support it, that is, even though we have temperature regulators in the cabin, and you can put it at 60 degrees and suffocate the passengers, that’s not gonna happen. But all the switches have been labeled so that you know what they are and what they are used for if you wish. Over time and as we evolve and Asobo too, we will give functionality to everything possible

9 Likes

Have any testers tried flying on VATSIM (or IVAO)? Would like to hear how well it went.

its available now

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with that philosophy… it’s an entertainment sim after all. I fly for a living and of course, methodical preflight systems checks in accordance to the checklist is the order of the day…but when simming I tend to abbreviate things considerably.

3 Likes

And purchased!!!

Can’t fly until tonight but I’m still excited! :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s lights out and away we go with hopping the Atlantic!

1 Like

Interesting to see how @CodenameJack447 is involved in so many of my favorite planes - Dean’s and Scott’s F-14, F-15, and F-16, the Big Radials Goose and now the Concorde. Serious mad respect.

4 Likes

The manual shows this is quite a detailed aircraft, I see no choice but to buy it. Thanks for the story about crews tweaking the cabin airspeed indicator up when air pressure allowed only Mach 1.98 :grin:

1 Like

Great, i think I read that there’s a added switch for auto fuel balancing, is that any plan to change the fictional switch to something like a clipboard on the side having the option to enable the auto FE? It feels more genuine in the concorde and likely wouldn’t be a lot more work?

Just perfect, received the release-mail 10min before end of work :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Where’s here, I purchased the plane about 15 minutes into my 8 hour workday. D’oh!

1 Like

The auto fuel balancing isn’t “fully” auto… You still have to select if you want to transfer forward or aft and WHEN you want to do it. You need to keep an eye on your CG and make a decision based on that. It’s not a fully automated system, it only saves you from juggling around all the SPECIFIC tank transfers. I believe this is more than sufficient, no? :wink:

2 Likes

Installed and starting up…

Just Flight - DC Designs Concorde (MSFS)

4 Likes

did you have errors on installing (JustFlight installer)?

I’m away from home and will only be back next week: can someone stream? :smiley:

I’m like that, I walk down the street, people ask me for help with something and… well, I couldn’t say no. :smiley:

Seriously speaking, for me it is always an honor and a pleasure to offer my humble collaboration. If you like the result of my work, then I will continue trying to do better every day.

Dean, Scott, @OzWookiee and @LeprechaunLive are great developers that I feel comfortable collaborating with. The credit is theirs, not mine.

9 Likes

My review of the plane, video in spanish though (it will be published at 16:00 in the channel):

I have only been able to test it for a few hours, since I got it yesterday, but everything seems to work as intended and the plane has surprising depth if you want to learn.
I was also gladly surprised by the fact the plane recognizes the flight plan you make in MSFS’ world map, which given how difficult it is to manually input it in this plane is a great perk.

In the negative side: Interior textures and a few cockpit interactions that are not very intuitive. Nothing serious and it still looks pretty good.

Overall I would give it:
Physics/flight model: 9/10
Graphics: 7/10
Sound: 8.5/10
Animations: 10/10
Systems: 10/10
Final score: 9/10

There is nothing better in the marketplace at this price point right now.

9 Likes

lol

39 Likes

LOL I had not seen that xD

1 Like

Is not a fictional switch. In the overhead you have a switch to override any other fuel system operation and move fuel forward. And there are a switch in the engineers panel for rearward or forward fuel based on the quantities you put in the selectors. Are override switches that are in the real plane. I don’t get where you came with.