[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Wish the cockpit had better textures, like the default Asobo planes have. That’s my only complaint so far!

7 Likes

Mach 2.0 baby

8 Likes

I have a question: Does this Concorde rocket straight to altitude of 50-60,000 ft, or does it model the actual climb technique used? From what I’m reading everything else system wise is great. Just curious, loved flying this thing in other sims and I always liked that challenge to get it to mach 2.

Wouldn’t be much of a simulator if you could just disobey the laws of physics. Of course you have to follow the RL profile.

2 Likes

I just rocketed up to 50k feet :eyes: looks like my fuel won’t last the whole flight though lol

2 Likes

You have to follow the correct flight profile to get to Mach 2 and 60,000ft feet, and you need to balance the centre of gravity trim using the fuel controls. Concorde has enough power to brute force its way to a certain height, but then it will falter as the thrust and drag curves meet to early. Also, trying that will burn more fuel and as a result, you might not have enough to reach your destination.

Concorde is very much a balancing-act to get the best out of it :+1:

@moxiejeff Texture improvements will follow soon, along with other updates once we get enough feedback from the community in general, so we know where to direct our efforts the best.

20 Likes

I’ve been sat on the fence with this one. However, with those comments Dean, it’s off to Justflight I go! :v::sunglasses:

Someone streaaaammm…in English please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not really sure what I’m doing but I’m at 55k (60k now) feet and doing Mach 2.04 so I’m happy. I did start out trying to follow along with the manual but things got away from me in the climb and now I’m just winging it. Wasn’t even planning on crossing the Atlantic but just wanted to cruise around a bit at high altitude for a bit of a test flight but now I’m about 700NM over the ocean and not looking back.

10 Likes

OK… I have just completed a Part 1 of the Concorde series on my YouTube channel…

This series isn’t meant to just be some sort of review per se, but rather a documented experience of trying to perform a flight from JFK to London utilizing the checklist and documentation included. As a result, it also documents my questions/struggles with things as described in the checklist or manual with the hope of getting a discussion going (or if the DC Designs crew watches, perhaps supplementing the included checklist and documentation) so that a complete Neanderthal will be able to follow these things step-by-step and conduct a flight.

Part 1 deals with Cold and Dark start and Taxi procedures. It’s uploading right now and I will post a link as soon as it’s complete. I expect to have all parts of the series up and available by the end of today, so please have a little patience as I work my way through this. :wink:

This is probably not for those who just want to zoom around because I am really trying to get to the bottom of how to do this RIGHT (so, this requires some time and patience) and I hope you enjoy the journey with me!

18 Likes

go go go !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I resemble that remark!
Although I was trying to everything by the manual and checklists but did struggle with a fair few things so gave up that approach for this flight and it’s just about the zooming now! I’ll have to really dig in and figure things out properly after this flight. But it’s kinda fun just winging it like this!

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with it, man!!! Last night up until 3:30 am I was doing EXACTLY that… But it’s been a year since I have flown the P3D version and some things changed and some things got forgotten and I was at FL550 going Mach 2.0 just for the hell of it until this morning I ran out of fuel as I was approaching Canada. So… that’s where the fun ended. Now it’s time to dig in and do it “right”, whatever that means. So that means today will be spent on ONE flight… the RIGHT way (or as close as my understanding will allow) while documenting this thing on YouTube… I will obviously skip the boring cruise section, but all the “action” bits will be documented. Considering this Part 1 is just short of an hour, I expect this whole series to be about 3 hours long, but it’s a Concorde!!! In MSFS! How many things come out that require you to wreck your brain trying to figure it out? :wink: Nothing wrong with GA aircraft, but… they kinda all work about the same. Concorde was unique and so it takes some effort to really “get” it.

6 Likes

That might be happening to me in about an hour :eyes:

2 Likes

Hilarious scenes at Heathrow this evening as rows of Concordes sit there on the tarmac whilst their captains frantically battle with instruction manual trying to get the thing started. Not that I’m passing judgement, I’m one of them.

31 Likes

Thanks for the answer @DEAN01973 , looking forward to coordinating that fuel balance, timed afterburns, with dips and climbs. I will definitely be adding this legendary bird to my hangar.

That’s brilliant, I do hope that in fact they’re all just looking around and examining their new Concordes :slight_smile:

Jack and I checked the manual and interactive checklist and manual are all A-okay on the start up procedure so they should be all right… if they read that manual…

@CaffinatedPanda Hope you enjoy it :+1:

3 Likes

Excellent to hear it will receive improvements - purchased and downloading now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this, and it tempts me to buy it just to be a part! lol

1 Like

Same here, purchased. Now waiting for @BostonJeremy77 to finish uploading those videos :grin:

It’s been a long long time since I last took pointy up!