[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

So it’s kind of a fundamental thing: do you want a “flight simulator” or a “switch simulator?” Do you want to fly the plane or spend 2 hours flipping switches and toggles? Especially with regard to older, very complicated multi-crew aircraft, if you enable all that complexity you really need to enable something like the Automated Flight Engineer that PMDG have implemented in their DC-6 to fly it efficiently. That level of “smart automation” that can also be overridden and controlled fully manually by the player/simmer has got to be very complicated to get right.

that’s the exact point, for concorde I wanted it to be as true to life as possible, but I do think the fuel balancing etc are managed by auto flight engineer…as much as I enjoy realism I don’t want to be the sole emergency pilot in a 3 men crew

On Xbox too please, don’t forget Xbox :star_struck:

2 Likes

On the other hand, in an airliner flight, once the autopilot is engaged, it’s a bit boring, isn’t it? In a simulator, there’s nothing else to do but watch and wait for the TOD. So complexity throughout the flight, I find it really exciting, avoids boredom. I like a lot of DC-6 for that, I don’t use AFE at all, I manage everything myself, probably not as well as AFE, but at least I’m busy until my cruising altitude that I often set between 20 and 22000 feet, then I try to calculate my TOD to arrive well on final approach while managing my plane, and when I succeeded in my flight from AZ, in general it went quickly and was very gratifying Well ok I often have failures during the landing. :joy:

1 Like

A big update today for Concorde on my FaceAche page. I won’t repeat it all here, here’s a link if you’re interested in the project;

DC Designs Concorde announcement

6 Likes

Nice, I’ll update the top post when you update. Very excited for this bird, just as a “I’m an amateur give me something I will have no idea how to use and let me trial and error it,” as I’ve always been a hands-on learner who hates reading manuals :rofl: :joy: Thankfully this is virtual

2 Likes

This is an insta-buy for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An important question is, does it have a droop snoot?:sweat_smile:
Photos look good and is definitely going to be a interesting plane. Look forward to seeing more in the future.

Of course, the nose and windscreen animations are all in place.

Updated the top post with new information from @DEAN01973 's latest Facebook Post

2 Likes

Updated with today’s post

2 Likes

I hope Dean’s gonna make sure the Caviar and Lobster in the galley is rendered in 4K as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I would love it if he models the cabin, and has a single perfect crystal flute of champagne sitting on one fold-out seat tray somewhere … :stuck_out_tongue:

I would not settle for anything less… :laughing:

@LameLefty That’s not a bad idea at all, maybe a Rolex laying about somewhere also…

3 Likes

Updated with the latest including COCKPIT PHOTO

Latest update photos from the FB page, Concorde release is set for February 2022. All images are WIP.

15 Likes

chefkiss Looks amazing, I can barely wait!

1 Like

I’ll say, each plane you guys do you definitely improve your modeling and texture skills. It does seem like the textures in the cockpit and modeling looks like your best yet. Also the cockpit looks better than the first Images of the cockpit we saw awhile back.

2 Likes

Updated with the latest at the top

1 Like

My fear is that Dean will spend hours and hours and hours coming up with a way to simulate vortex lift within the current constraints of the sim… and then Asobo will add vortex lift. (Probably his fear as well…)

2 Likes