[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Yes - saw them, but I’m still on SU8

I just checked it and I don’t find any problem. With valves 5,7,9, 10 closed, 11 open, pumps 9 and 10 on and 11 off, I can transfer fuel perfectly aft. And vice versa. the only thing that varies from the previous version is that pumps 9, 10 and 11 now have 3 states (ON, AUTO, OFF), similar to the real one.

Also here you have what has been changed for the Fuel auto transfer:

1 Like

Regarding this you are right, I have located the problem and fixed it for the next update

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call great customer service!

Thanks Jack!

Cheers

Mike

1 Like

VOR LOC is used to capture the localizer or a VOR station, but does not capture the Glideslope, while GLIDE and LAND do. That is the difference.

2 Likes

Really want to fly this beautiful bird but I can’t even get airborne, I load a flight plan in the world map…click on ‘fly now’ and I’m sat on the runway as normal…but as soon I throttle up for take off the engines die and I’m just sat there going nowhere, it’s the only plane it happens with as I had an enjoyable flight in the F-14 and F-16 before and after…anyone have any idea what’s going on ?

Hi Neil, you should have no problem taking off the plane if you load from the runway. As for the fuel system and so on, everything is ready. Are you in SU8 or SU9 beta?

SU8 and Concorde is the only aircraft this happens with

Okay, I want to keep 109.50 as active but on the RAD-NAV page, it’s under standby. Now if I swap this, 109.50 would become active in FMC but AP panel would show the standby freq. What’s going on?

What version are you in? That gauge displays the NAV Stby frequency and it is assumed that in 1.01 in the texture should be typed NAV STBY.

Neil, I couldn’t tell you what the problem might be, but you’re supposed to be able to take off without doing anything. Is it possible that you have some mapping that cuts off the fuel supply or something?

So you mean whatever frequency is active in FMC is the one that would be followed?

Exactly, sorry if I seemed rude. What happens is that MSFS does not have the events at the SDK level to modify an active frequency through knobs. Only the Stby’s, that’s why what you see on the gauge is the stby frequency

1 Like

You weren’t rude. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there - quick question for a fuel transfer noob…

How are we ensuring we set up our initial fuel correctly? Meaning, if I’m doing a flight from jfk to Dallas ft worth (not realistic but who cares), and simbrief gives me a specific amount of fuel for the flight, how do I ensure it’s being placed in the correct tanks via MSFS fuel page?

I can ensure you that the MSFS fuel page is NOT setting fuel correctly if you just set it and forget it. For most long-distance flights, it will fill all regular tanks full, but it will not set the trim tanks correctly. You will need to manually modify the trim tanks to have the correct CG for takeoff, and leave some space in the aft trim tank so you can move fuel back during ascent.

Jack, if that is true, why do we not use VOR LOC to capture an ILS. If you watch Dean’s video, he does NOT push VOR LOC and the plane still captures the localizer. He ONLY pushes GLIDE.

Jack, I think you are saying that VOR LOC should capture the localizer, but does it actually? I agree with you that it should. But I have seen no video evidence that confirms this. In @DEAN01973 's example video, where he approaches at an angle to the Localizer, he doesn’t use VOR LOC at all.

My question is not what the button is theoretically for. My question is how has it been coded in the simulator and does it actually work as it is supposed to? If you have time, maybe you can make a quick video showing ILS capture starting in Heading mode, approach the localizer at a 30-40 degree angle. Use VOR LOC to capture the Localizer FIRST. And THEN use GLIDE to capture the glideslope.

That I understand. But I’m asking when you first spawn in and your simbrief profile says 50,000kg of fuel is needed (making that # up just for example), do we just use the MSFS fuel system and add 50,000kg and then work on trimming the fuel to appropriate tank?

I find it easiest to just set the selector switch in the OFF position and manually use pump on and inlet valves open to transfer fuel.

Is this not a good way of doing it?

Good morning, I landing in different airport with ILS all landing are out of course (grass ) this is a issue with the airplane ???