[RELEASED] PSXseeconTraffic | Nico Kaan

Really live traffic in MSFS!

PSXseeconTraffic for MSFS version 31.0.12 (freeware) has been released. PSXseeconTraffic now works with RealTraffic version 9, providing real traffic updates every 2 seconds.

PSXseeconTraffic’s unique features are:

• really live (+/- 45 seconds delay) traffic injection
  • aircraft depart from the real gate and park at the real gate
  • aircraft always take the actual runway in use
  • aircraft follow the real airways, SIDs and STARs or are vectored by live ATC
  • aircraft may divert or go-around
  • aircraft crab land/crab take-off in cross winds
  • aircraft are fully animated: gear, flaps and lights
  • works with any AI aircraft model/livery that is compatible with MSFS
  • matches model/liveries as real as it gets based on registration code (tail number) or ICAO airline code and ICAO aircraft type
  • matches heavy, large, small and GA aircraft, gliders and helicopters
  • matches cargo aircraft, based on an internal database
  • learns at airports where airlines park, with what type and at what time of the day
  • puts static aircraft of the right model and livery at the right gates at the right time, no empty airports
  • no flight plans needed
  • works world wide
  • works with historic data too
  • runs at your MSFS PC or at a networked PC
  • runs as seperate process outside MSFS, is light on frames, cpu load < 0.5%

AI aircraft models & liveries are not included, using AIG is recommended.

The real time traffic data needed is also not included but provided by a payware tool named RealTraffic from Inside Systems Pty Ltd based on a subscription license.

Download PSXseeconTraffic from my website.
For questions & answers and discussions use my Support Forum at AVSIM.

You may find a recent review at YouTube or watch this nice short video to show how close to reality PSXseeconTraffic is.

1 Like

[UPDATE 31.2.0] PSXseeconTraffic | Nico Kaan

April 18, 2022, version 31.2.0

• Bug (CTD) fixed in the implementation of the Gliders category.
  • Bank limit for Gliders set to 40 degrees (was 75).
  • Added four hidden parameters to the UI.
  • Further fine tuning.

April 15, 2022, version 31.1.1

• Added a headwind component to the V-rotate moment calculation. The result being that aircraft take-off a little bit sooner.
  • Small bug fixed in the heading calculations

April 11, 2022, version 31.1.0

• Bugs in the include checkboxes fixed.
  • Touch and Go changed such that light aircraft may T&G at Vr > 50 kts instead of >55 kts.
  • Take-offs further improved: Aircraft now keep a pitch of 15 degrees until reaching 800ft above the ground, and then throttle down from full throttle to 70% (instead of throttling down to 70% at 10’000 feet).
  • Aircraft with no heading and no track in RT message are injected too (with track and heading calculated by PSXT based on lat/lon positions)

April 7, 2022, version 31.0.13

• Too steep take-offs fixed. Aircraft that were pushed back controlled by RT data, did not have their engines running, no flaps, no lights, etc. Now fixed.
1 Like

[UPDATE 31.9.6] PSXseeconTraffic | Nico Kaan

May 20, 2022, version 31.9.6

Lots of improvements since version 31.2.0, read the Release Notes at my website for details.

2 Likes

[UPDATE 31.10.0] PSXseeconTraffic | Nico Kaan

June 6, 2022, version 31.10.0

AIGAIM registration code files for a lot of airlines added. This makes the matching of aircraft nearly perfect.

Added a new video to my web site, Famous JFK Canarsie 13L approach with LiveAtc. This is P3D footage, but in MSFS you will see the same but even better.

1 Like

PSXseeconTraffic version 31.11.2 has been released!

Now with 31 airport files of major airports world wide to give new users a jump start. Static parked aircraft will show up at the right gates immediately.

Download PSXseeconTraffic from my web site

For questions and answers use my forum at AVSIM

For German spaking users see this review “Echter Verkehr im MSFS”

1 Like

PSXT version 31.17.9 released

Fixed a nasty long lived bug in the parking of static aircraft that made some of them overlap when at neighbouring gates…

Improved the user-friendlyness of the GUI. All settings are now in the GUI, except for the lfolder and afolder parameters. PSXT is now re-entrant, it automatically restarts at some operations such as pushing a buttion to generate info about liveries, same for add-on airports, and there is a Defaults settings button added.

Some small bugs were fixed.

I expect a mandatory update to 32.0.0 soon, probably together with SU10

For support go to my Forum at AVSIM

My web site: PSXseeconTraffic

2 Likes

PSXT v32.4.0 released!

Reduced the buffering of RT data for vectorizing from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
The traffic in MSFS is now only 15 plus the transmission lag of gathering and sending the data over the internet (max 15 seconds) behind real time. Say 20 to max 30 seconds!.

The auto lateral range checkbox is back. This comes in handy when flying to/from heavy airports such as EGLL or KLAX, it will automatically limit the number of live aircraft when it is necessary.

PSXT works with the new aircraft from FSLTL too (just download the models not the injector)

For links to my support forum and my web site, see my previous post.

PSXT v32.7.0 released!

PSXT reports the in-line registration code clashes it has found; details are in the new file info\InlineRegcodes.txt. It shows that there are still many errors in the AIG package…

Learner: added new command #
Learner will take all airports from your thirdparty_airports folder

Updated several offline registration code files because of three new contributions from Vidar Haaland

With a new hidden parameter DELAY_IN_SECONDS, you can set the time PSXT takes for vectoring incoming RealTraffic data. The range is 15 … 30 seconds, default 30.

In the scanning for stock airports PSXT_MSFS skipped parking positions with a radius < 5 meters. That was not correct. I have changed this check to 1 meter and now it finds about 2000 more (small) stock airports.

Added checkbox Biggest.
When two airports are nearby (within 5 nm) it may happen that you park at one and PSXT thinks you are at the other. Take for example water aerodrome MA17 nearby KBOS. If you park at KBOS closer to MA17’s latitude/longitude than to KBOS’s latitude/longitude, PSXT thinks you are at MA17.
If Biggest is true PSXT will choose for the airport that has the most parking positions.

PSXT 32.9.2 released!

PSXT now knows the registration codes (tail numbers) for 229 airlines in the AIG aircraft package. In total more than 15.000 registration codes have been defined. Thanks to this PSXT can match a livery for a real live aircraft in MSFS as real as it gets. You will see the right paints as much as possible. Think of a normal KLM B738 paint versus a KLM SkyTeam B738 paint, or a livery with the right engine types, and so on.

Liveries (paints) that are not used any more in real live will never show up, not as live aircraft or as static parked aircraft.

All this enhances the immersion. And you don’t have to do anything for it.

1 Like

PSXT 32.9.4 released

New developments to get rid of micro stutters:

Reduced the smallest sleeping time of a thread in Windows from 15 to 1 milli second (“timer resolution”). Hence PSXT can more regularly generate new positions.

PSXT now calculates a new aircraft position 100 times (!) per second instead of 30 times …
How many of these positions show up in your Sim depend on your fps, while at each new frame PSXT pushes the latest calculated position in your Sim.

See for your self…

6 Likes

PSXT 34.0.2 released,

now with support for the TCAS of the Fenix A320!

2 Likes

PSXT 34.1.0 released

With a nice new feature to take the place of a real live aircraft: a Follow me car will replace the real live aircraft in the Sim so it is easy to navigate for you!. Read more in the Release Notes at my website.

2 Likes

PSXT 34.2.0 released

Now with Simulator based time control of Real Traffic Professional!

2 Likes

PSXT v34.3.0 released, added:

An option to suppress liveries with a title ending with “-STUB” (FSLTL) from the Liveries scan.

A collision avoidance function for the user aircraft in the air, that makes your pilots live easier when flying to busy airports such as Heathrow. Real live aircraft within 4 nm distance, within 1000 ft altitude and within a “width” of 700 feet will be removed, to return later when it is safe.

2 Likes

PSXT v35.1.0 released:

Now with an airport files archive, containing 335 learned airports, 32 Asobo, and 305 from 96 different publishers (Aerosoft, INIBUILDS, FlyTampa, etc…).
PSXT will pick up these files automatically for the addon airports you have installed.

This improves the “Out of the box” experience a lot, no empty airports when you start but the right airline and type at the right gate at the right hour of the day, as much as possible with your liveries!

2 Likes

PSXT v36.1.0 released:

Now with revere thrust control with animations and sound (!). For all AI aircraft packages (AIG, FSLTL, FSTraffic, …) although not all FSLTL models support reverse thrust animations.

Now with AI aircraft wheels that rotate in alignment with the simulation speed. And during a push back they rotate backwards!

3 Likes