[RELEASED] Rara-Avis Sims Pou du Ciel (Flying Flea)

Nice pics!

I bet you’re going too fast for landing. Suggested landing speed is only 25mph and you almost feel like you’re just floating down barely moving at that speed but you still do get plenty of control authority. Try that! :slight_smile:

There is a note sheet hidden somewhere in the cockpit with hints & tips on it :wink:

Totally agree. Real surprise and a little package of delight! So many nice details and as you say all the little variations make it a real good value. Based on the quality of this I’m gonna pick up the Zippy soon!

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing us this unique plane (Xbox)

3 Likes

how are xbox flyers getting on with this contraption ?

It should be easier to fly than a “normal” plane as you don’t have to use rudders to deal with, that said you can’t easily side slip.

I haven’t bough it yet but I’m curious about not having a rudder, how do you steer it while taxiing?

It does have a rudder, just that there are no pedals. The joystick left/right turns the rudder so you taxi by moving the stick left and right (and a bit of praying with your spare feet :smiley: )

1 Like

as there are so few sources of information i am more interested on how programming works on the console. it looks a fun aircraft to have

Could you elaborate ?

sure, does the aircraft program fly well on console? any glitches of things needing updated shown up by moving to console. i havent found any xbox based youtube reviewing the aircraft i dont want to get a mscenery type aircraft

1 Like

All I can say is that it was tested toughly on Xbox by the MS testers, I had lots of questions asked, no problems reported.

2 Likes

It is a fairly simple plane and it is modeled well on console. My main issues are with the plane itself, and the simplicity. It is weird. This is also an important draw, it makes the bird unique. Might be my favorite ultralight currently.

Series X.

4 Likes

unique and weird are to very good qualities

2 Likes

For the price, it is worth a buy. Well made. Beautiful models. Unique. And once you get used to it, really intuitive. Like, I kinda covet one of these. It is the aircraft equivalent to a Morgan 3 wheeler.

3 Likes

That is the best description ever !

3 Likes

sorry to sound so negative but on the darkside we have so little sources of independent information. the market place description does not help, the rating system is useless and returns is 1970s standard. i have eight aircraft already on my wishlist i like but have not enough info on

1 Like

I completely understand, the rating system definitely needs an overhaul.

1 Like

It is like, back when biplanes were the rage, they made an ultralight for private pilots on a budget that was more like… a Wright Flyer you could land and use again?

It is a bare bones plane, with a bunch of variants and hot rod modifications on some models.

Like, the simplest old plane you might want to fly more than once. A more friendly, more powerful Blériot type of aircraft. Nothing like it on Xbox. On PC you have another option or two.

Ever want to fly a leaf?

1 Like

haha, yes!! That PERFECTLY sums it up!

At least the Morgan was made of some stronger wood than Balsa though :slight_smile:
Though I doubt it helped the road-handling much!

2 Likes

added the flying fleas to my hanger and they are fun. very well modelled and already just taking two of them for quick hops, some nice touches. differently different going to be flying a lot

3 Likes

Yay! Good decision :wink:
I’m flying one right now. The Kohler and Bauman radial one. It’s still quite slow lol. I got a 25kt wind coming from the direction I’m heading in, got 20 miles to go and running low on fuel! But I think I’m going to make it.

I’m flying like sailing, tacking across the wind and zig zagging to keep my ground speed up to cover more ground to hopefully arrive before I run dry! At least get away from these mountains so I can “crash float-to-land” lol

Actually with a 25kt wind I could probably land without moving!! Hmmm, experiment time!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like