[Released] SF50 Vision Jet G2

He’s talking about a VOR, not an ILS. ILS does not use the course since it’s literally tracking a fixed path.

Don’t think so. They give an email address in their support information. If you don’t want emails don’t give an address. Blaming it on modern times is ignoring the issue.

2 Likes

The developer has set up support forum where they will answer any questions you have. I think that is an excellent way to sort out issues - it means that we get to see everyone’s issues and workarounds/fixes so IMO it shows a lot of commitment to support this aircraft.

Seems from discord that there does seem to be an issue with the AT holding to speed on the descent and the workaround is to reset AT and put speed bug back at desired mode - but this isn’t going to affect my experience with the aircraft, now I know it’s not just some bad flying on my part I shall think ahead and watch my speeds more closely coming downstairs to 10k.

1 Like

Yeah. It has been working well for me in FLC mode. But I suspect I have had a similar mishap.

1 Like

I know. In my original post i was also asking about coarse for VOR navigation.

I love the SF50 Vision Jet. Could you add deployment of parachute and auto land as a feature?

Another excuse for them. I say again don’t say contact us via email if you don’t want to deal with emails. If indeed that’s the reason for no reply.

I will get right on that.

Hello All
I am trying to find how I can dial in the course when I fly towards a VOR… I have the frequency up and the plane is picking it up - but I can’t find the dial to actually adjust the course in order to intercept the VOR…

Can anyone point me to that please?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Update: you have to dial in the course with keystrokes as this feature seems to be missing in the current WT 3000. To dial in hit Shift + CTRL + HOME or END in order to dial in the course

4 Likes

Maybe it’s been discussed but the aircraft seems overly sensitive to wind. Maybe this is realistic, I honestly don’t know. But I’m getting swayed back and forth with 5-10kt winds.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the aircraft - there were lots of discussions about the gust models before - a lot of the ultra realists say this current gust model is good but often their rationale is that more difficult equates to more realism which isn’t always true…

I think the model is a bit overdone - my thoughts were that the statistical distribution of gusts in the sim model tend to a higher frequency of the max gust level than would be the case in the real world.

Edit: I notice this on all the aircraft I fly…

So my guess is that the plane is most likely (but I could be wrong) responding as it would if it encountered gusts like this in the real world…

3 Likes

Right I’ve heard about the gust issue but have not experienced it on Xbox. I’m more referring to sustained 5-10kt winds. Maybe what your saying is gusts that aren’t even showing on the instruments?

1 Like

Oh ok, that’s a bit different then….not something I’ve had issues with yet but I don’t think I’ve had a particularly fresh or strong crosswind anywhere yet…

Edit: you can see the wind values changing on the PFD as the gusts happen but you don’t necessarily see the exact values - and the direction doesn’t vary as it would in real life ( edit - on the ground of course )either… so all in all I’m not convinced

1 Like

They probably have a physical address posted somewhere too, but that doesn’t mean they’ll offer support by writing a strongly worded letter and sticking in the mail!

The turbulence modeling in the sim is a bit intense at the moment. Its really across all aircraft. The code for that is not exposed to us I believe.

1 Like

BTW Good afternoon. What are we all yelling about today?

5 Likes

Best to lock in heading first then go direct to the next point.

Also in the manual. All of that is located in the VAMS tab on the center GTC.