[Released] SF50 Vision Jet G2

I haven’t had issues with manual in a descent. But if I were to guess, get her to start slowing down first, then descend.

Yeah it was an odd one, happened to me twice, slowed to 250 with AT on but AT kept 268 and wouldn’t throttle back. Couldn’t find anything wrong and had to turn AT off and on to fix.

That was when the FMS descent didn’t work of course. But it’s no big issue, will just be more careful and fly the ■■■■■■ plane a bit better…… I should have just turned off AT and throttled back myself when I saw it wasn’t slowing in good time. Was getting too lazy (automation- coddled)…

Edit: not surprising as you do feel coddled in this aircraft cruising smoothly above the weather at 307 TAS…

1 Like

Yeah, she flys herself. Learning to get it to fly itself where you want, how you want is definitely a different experience for me, as I usually fly GA.

If memory serves, I had my successes descending by having AP ON, FMS ON, Autothrottle ON, MAN ON, and setting the manual speed.

1 Like

I shall try it that way next flight and see how I get on…

You definitely have to think a bit ahead on approach, that’s for sure.

1 Like

You DO but since it is doing almost everything else, you have the ability to give it your full attention.

1 Like

It’s actually an amazingly well done aircraft - no doubt. Excellent job dev team to bring us this one. If I ever t have the money ( absolutely unlikely ) this has sold me on a real one!

1 Like

This is my new “default” aircraft. Without a doubt. Awesome work.

4 Likes

Developer is not so quick at responding via email. 2 days and still waiting. Not a good sign.

1 Like

Try their Discord: FlightFX
And you can ask here, we might be able to help.

2 Likes

I asked by email because I want an answer via email from the dev. Is that too much to expect.

From the horse’s mouth, Discord. So, it might in fact be too much to expect an email.

4 Likes

Yes it is. Modern times

4 Likes

I’ve so far only flown with AT - FMS speed and it’s been flawless. However I can imagine if you’re screaming downward to desperately loose altitude then then AT might not be able to deal with that. If you descend at a lesiurely pace then FMS speed should work fine.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was at full cruise speed last night and was asked to descend, so I had to work with the speed a bit. Took a little trial and error but it worked, whatever I ended up doing.

Really new to this still, and need more time in it. I guess we are all in the same boat.

2 Likes

Happy waiting. :slight_smile:

This is not a Moderator Notice - personal comments only

Folks, I am obligated to disclose in advance that I am a Beta Tester for this product and I provide informal support for the product over at the FlightFX Discord as linked earlier by others in this thread.

That being said, I’m going to remind readers that Technical Support is not allowed on the MSFS Forum per the pinned posts on each Third Party Subforum (see below). I am not stating this as a Moderator. I am simply reminding everyone of this well documented condition so that my colleague Mods on the Staff don’t have to.

I strongly encourage those needing help to join the Discord. You’ll see both the FlightFX Staff and Beta Test volunteers are tirelessly answering each and every question submitted. Hope to see you there.

2 Likes

Is it a study-level Jet?

It is not a study-level jet and it is not advertised as such. It has very high quality model and textures, great flight dynamics, system integrated checklists, excellent sounds, excellent animations, 3 aircraft configurations, 3 default liveries and has superior captain’s visibility. There is no failure management, no circuit breakers, and overhead oxygen and parachute is inop. Several flight management systems appears inop as well. Weather radar works, inset traffic avoidance radar works (but not traffic displayed from panels). A few minor bugs here and there that should eventually be ironed out.

The jet is priced below what a study-level product would fetch so I’m okay with this.

4 Likes

I have done an ILS landing earlier. It did it without setting a coarse on Nav1. I just tuned the nav radio.

2 Likes

Prrrrty

4 Likes