[Released] SF50 Vision Jet G2

I think I heard that the yaw damper is automatic and can’t be turned off. It supposedly uses the two little fins below the rudders on the v-tail. Is that what you call those? Rudders? Or are they elevators?

3 Likes

Hi folks, after taking off, the aircraft keeps climbing no matter how long I keep pushing the yolk down. What am I doing wrong here?

@MellowGold64932 You seem to be having a lot of issues with your install. I have had 4 great and flawless flights with the SF50 since launch. For the climbing issue, I would verify that your controls are being seen by the simulator and that they are plugged in and working. Also, have you tried trimming the aircraft down? If that doesn’t work, I suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall.

Something like you’re reporting is not a “normal” issue, like a bug with the aircraft. It’s indicating there is some major issue with your flight simulator or hardware in general.

2 Likes

I’m also having trouble with this. All the youtube reviews never mentions this and no one has demonstrated an ILS approach with Vision Jet avionics. I find it hard to believe that a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art private jet can’t handle the most basic navigation function as VOR or ILS.

3 Likes

Reinstalling the aircraft from content manager did not bring any change. I’m on the Xbox. I know how to operate the autopilot but when I take the control of the aircraft, the jet keeps on climbing until it stalls. The aircraft keeps fighting back when I try to level off

1 Like

Are you trimming? Adjusting power? It is a notorious climber at takeoff power. Have you tried the auto throttle?

Just trying to eliminate the obvious stuff to help troubleshoot.

1 Like

I use ai auto trim but turning it off also makes no difference. When I trim down manually, the aircraft won’t sop descending. I have to keep pulling the yoke. I thought I was doing something wrong since I’m not a pilot in real life, maybe I don’t now

After my first flight I must say that I have the highest fps in the game ever. Smooth is the word. The modeling is as far as I can see first-class. The panoramic windscreen is spectacular also. Money well spent!

4 Likes

Is your pitch axis reversed?

1 Like

Pardon me but I don’t know what you mean.I haven’t reversed the pitch axis intentionally. I’m not having this problem with other aircraft, just this one. I’m more convinced that I’m not clicking something I should and as a result, I’m having this problem. I am currently flying in it, I turned off autopilot and the jet seems nice and stable. The climbing occurs immediately after take off

We are literally trying to troubleshoot with you, which means exhausting the most obvious issues first, including user error.

We do this because we are not at your desk using your computer. And your issue doesn’t seem common amongst folks using this plane. So it seems like it might be something simple and perhaps so obvious, folks might not even think to check it.

No offense is intended. We just need to ask things like, have you turned the computer off and on again?

And have you?

:yum:

3 Likes

I hope you are correct. It seems the jet has been commanded to climb. When i push on the yoke to level off, the aircraft resists.

I’m glad to see that at lest this problem is not happening while auto pilot is active.

I appreciate you trying to help me, thank you.

2 Likes

And you know how bugs work.

This is a new plane. You may have isolated something that many do not experience.

Anyway, FWIW, I am not experiencing your issue. It just really wants to nose up if it is going too fast or has a LOT of thrust IME, which seems… normal?

1 Like

Yes I keep throttle close to 100 percent, or 95. Fighter jets can travel with afterburners on at the same altitude, unlike the vision jet

I’m not on PC. I’m on the XBOX. Maybe this is an Xbox issue.

I am on Xbox too. I highly suspect this is a trim/throttle issue, and it would be mitigated by learning to use the auto throttle.

Full thrust is not advised for more than two minutes at a time in the Vision Jet, and 5 minutes max.

3 Likes

I know I’m at fault. I don’t know how to travel at an even altitude, it is not happening for me

1 Like

This plane is fun to hand fly, but it is meant for autopilot. An EXCELLENT beginner plane to learn the G3000.

1 Like

I will contact the vendor on discord for more assistance , thank you for trying to help

1 Like

Happy flying! Good luck!

As you say its great to hand fly - very smooth and responsive - but good on the autopilot. I’ve noticed that the autothrottle has a few quirks - it’s normally fine going upstairs in climb mode but coming down can sometimes shriek through 10k at 260-270 - and if it does this putting the autothrottle into manual and pulling the speed back sometimes doesn’t do anything - you have to turn the AT off and on again.

But it’s a minor snag - and as you should always be watching speed anyway…. But it did give me a couple of the “what’s it doing” moments that a B747 freighter captain I talked to recently told me he heard too much from younger first officers who rely too much on the automatics. “If it don’t work I just turn it off and fly the airplane”. I’ve been told…

So it’s a real good aircraft to have for the money, very pleased with it, going to fly it a lot and get to know it…

1 Like