[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

honey for my ears. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So it looks like Wodka didn’t make the cut :unamused:

1 Like

Haha you all make me laugh! Rest assured, the sounds are not being taken lightly and we will ensure all engines/exhaust setups are music to your ears
 :slight_smile:

Here are the non-edited versions from this morning, some of you will enjoy these previews:

7 Likes

Any chance of a furry companion in the right seat?

2 Likes

3 Likes

This one would be nice:

But don’t give him Goulash after midnight

3 Likes

gonna be hard to trim the little plane though - and you might could become the inflight snack

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines of this fella right here. Would love to have him in something besides the Optica.

Discus waiting for a tow plane on the glider mountain (EPJS) :flight_departure: :small_airplane:

3 Likes

Photo Introduction to the Variants:

PZL-104 Wilga 35A:

PZL-104 Wilga 80:

PZL-104 Wilga 80P:

PZL-104 Wilga 80H:

13 Likes

I know this building from the first shot very well! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does the 80P version actually exist? Could not find info about it. Has the 400hp engine been actually fitted into a Wilga?

I personally would prefer the stock engine with bush tires and modern avionics instead of some Stage 2 / 3 stuff. But that is just me.

Also I do not think you will be able to get the sound of that 400hp engine so will you use stock engine sound in the 80P version?

1 Like

Sound wise, Gurt’s going to do some post production magic on the 35A we’re recording to make the bush variant sound mean and menacing at 400HP.

That does mean taking some solid creative liberties to get it going, but the idea is to give simmers an experience when flying the bush mod vs factory 35A.

6 Likes

Closed alpha Started early this morning.

I finally got a chance to actually enjoy our work thus far. Decided to check out the float variant because I was not 100% convinced I liked how it turned out. One flight in Milfred Sound NZMF and woh
 Really enjoy it. Think you all will really like this one. Team still has some work to do on the water rudder and contact points but its getting there!

8 Likes

The WilgaBeast actually flew with the younger brother M-14P (360hp) in a 35A refit.

We have read around the forums and found many users talking about the M-14PF.

With an American Import usually being a Wilga 80. An avid Bush enthusiasts upgrading some avionics, slapping new tires and suspension on her, and upgrading the radial engine to the most experimental available that will fit into his cowling, the 80P is not as far fetched as a stage 2/3.

The 35P existed. We are taking it one step forward. Although the 80P has never existed, we felt like it would be the perfect culmination of what has existed with a little more “Push”.

Take the 35H and 80H for example. The 35H did exist in a very similar float setup. It was not providing enough power, so they opted for an 80H upgrade with the 280HP engine swap. In essence we are doing the same to the 35P.

When you get in the cockpit you’ll feel power, but it’s not a stage 2/3 “Draco-Like” enhancement
 It feels very naturual.

At the end of the day, you’re strapping on a bunch of parts that have existed and are very compatible. Our team just imagined we had the opportunity to build a custom Wilga, what would we do? So we did it.

I’m sure you will all love different breath of fresh air it brings
 it’s different, fun, and strong with the flying characteristics of the Wilga 35A/80 airframe. I know you all will enjoy it.

8 Likes

I think I will opt out. I hated the stage 2 Kitfox, and dislike the overpowered Savage Carbon. I just think the overpowered planes deliver less fun. Everything is so easy and instantaneous. Climbs like a rocket, takes off, and lands on a 20-meter field. Good for competition though.

Will I be able to swap the sound and engine/flight model files to get different avionics suits with the stock performance?

3 Likes

Unfortunately not and our team doesn’t plan on it.

Our vision wasn’t a modern Wilga, a Bush Wilga, a Float Wilga or even a 80 Import Wilga.

Our vision was to deliver the most true-to-authentic Wilga 35A we could deliver.

That promise is coming together perfectly.

We have all had a say on what can be included as added value. We decided to lean on our team’s very sucessful history. Bush Variants are the breath of Got Gravel/Friends, so we are including the 80P. American gamers play this simulation just as much as others, so we are including the Import 80 as well for understanding and enjoyment. The Float version was a recent undertaking and compliments our vision of the original multi-purpose role of the Wilga.

At the end of the day, our team was very strong about delivering an authentic Wilga 35A, no gimmicks. The other varients are icing on top and will find their niche purposes within the community.

We are not adding auto-pilot, modern avionics, in-flight upgrades or any other forms of major modernization to the 35A or 80 in that matter.

Our team believes the 35A alone will be well worth the wait and we are pleased to say that it will stay true to authenticity, history, avionics and performance.

13 Likes

This will be a blast to fly in VR
 definitely a day 1 purchase for me!

1 Like

I appreciate what you guys are doing and your attention to detail and all. Maybe my post came across as some kind of complaint, but I really love what you are doing. I personally do not need 400hp upgraded version, but the other 3 are exactly what I love and want so everyone is happy. I am sorry if I came across as some kind of complaining/demanding brat, it was not my intention.
Great job and I am super excited about 35A and 80.

6 Likes