[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

About artificial horozont - ask me if you need something ;).

This is AGK-47 used in Wilga. It was present for Wilgas for CCCP market (Poland delivered it) but also for to countries where Russian was used as official language. Here is the reason why some has descriptions in Polish and some in Russian (in Poland it was possible too however most has this blue/black shield).

As You can see its not only black but black-brown-blue.
The red/brown was present too above “5” on the scale of decent and blue below “4.5” for rapid ascent. They are warning markers.

Remeber about this effect (fluorescent radium effect) :slight_smile: :

Video: Авиагоризонт АГК 47Б и такое можно найти на барахолке (ретро обзор) - YouTube

4 Likes

More popular (description in Poland), GH-28:

More cockpit photos: PZL 104 Wilga 35A SP-ECC | Samoloty jednosilnikowe | Plane4You Centrum Sprzedaży Samolotów i Śmigłowców

Edit: I found the movie of blue one, GH-28, check this: Artificial horizon GH-28 (sztuczny horyzont) » .

However you can find black version (with Polish description) too. On the red you have “ZABLOKOWANY”, means blocked, example Running a AGK-47 attitude indicator/artificial horizon (Авиагоризонт АГК-47) on battery power - YouTube .

Some of PZL-104 was produced in Indonesia (English descriptions) plus for west market.

3 Likes

Btw. this is good idea for cold and dark situation :slight_smile::

Clicked on the stick, you can unblock the stick and control surfaces.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for you to try this. Sounds are in post but getting a rough idea of what we’re going for when Gurt does his recordings with a local Wilga later this August.

14 Likes

Nice, btw. The model was tested in VR or not yet? Im still waiting for my beta access ;). What about scale in VR? Dose it look like real airplane (with proper scale) or a toy (if developer did wrong scale vs world?). Its very important feature for VR users.

Solid in VR, modeled it myself, tested scale using a Quest 2 with link cable.

2 Likes

I cannot wait for this beauty

1 Like

I think like many of us, LOL. I hope we will see it in September at the latest.

1 Like

Right now our limiting factor is Sound Recordings. We have scheduled live sessions with a real life Wilga owner and purchased travel, equipment and rentals for that recording. That is happening this month. Once we get all the recordings back and we start building the WWISE Sound Package, we will have a better idea for release. September doesnt seem too far fetched as long as the development continues to stay smooth. We are honestly around 80% with everything else up to today, and the 2nd biggest focus on developement is custom HTML for the transponder and reciever.

Keep in mind, this could easily shift due to the fact that this is our team’s first attempt at building a WWISE Sound Package from scratch. At the end of the day, we aren’t going to push for a release window if it’s not up to our standards and honestly… if it’s not surpassing our standards. The whole team is trying to get this Wilga to become our “Flagship” aircraft and we are pushing ourselves to make it our best one yet.

15 Likes

I’ll settle for October if it’s as good as it looks :wink:

1 Like

^^ October 2023 is fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, better to have quality, finished addon than DCS Early Access ;), I can wait too. It will be ready when it will be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Er, no it isn’t :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Will there be engine modelling such as spark plug fouling, oil consumption, overstress, etc?

2 Likes

We already have overstress, thermal engine management, and a suite of official sim related failures in place.

As for plans for spark plug fouling and oil consumption, those would be fantastic features. I adored how A2A handled it on their 172 trainer back in FSX days. Management of those items would be done through some sort of interface so I can have a chat with GotGravel in regards to his thoughts on implementing something like that. We already have persistent / save code that works for Animal companions and weight load out on our EA7 Edgley Optica so its very possible we could do something like that over time for spark plugs. Perhaps reference poor EGT over time / high mixture, low idle situations on an internal timer that saves.

We will see what GG has to say. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Speaking of animal companions… :slight_smile:

How about instead, “on theme”, we have an optional big ol’ pot of Goulash on the passenger seat we gotta take care of.

Use real-time time CFD for the liquid inside and we gotta try not to spill any with crazy rough flying. Can pull tighter turns and more G’s but you gotta keep it smooth so that centrifugal force keeps the Goulash in the pot! :smiley:

Also remember to keep the cabin warm so it doesn’t go cold!

Via Config, remember it’s state between sessions and see how long everyone can keep it all perfectly ready to eat :smiley:

2 Likes

I think this is what the sim has been missing the most since release and will truly elevate it to GOAT status.

Should be a fun little airplane!