Remove pushback from GA airports and better worker density settings

How do you start at a fueling point? Is it as easy as fishing around the various nodes in the airport map until you find it? i don’t think my home airport has one. The fuel truck comes to you. :\

when you set a departure airport on the world map scroll down the list of parking nodes until you find one called “Fuel Box”. The default airports invariably have one…addons sometimes dont. I always start at one of these in the Baron and the d**n pushback trolley is bypassed. I simulate a manual pushback by using Shift P to start and stop PB. I my RW flying days in the UK we always pushed GA aircraft about manually often with a hand operated trolley on the nosewheel. Manned, powered pushback trolleys were never seen on a GA apron and only the very busy airfields occasionally had marshalling. The ground control would say something like, “park next to the so-and- so aircraft” or " park by the Tower facing (a direction) .

1 Like

If using a default aircraft its a simple matter to change the Services permissions in the Aircraft.cfg file. I have done this for the C152…goodbye annoyances.
Problem is the encrypted files on the Deluxe aircraft, Baron, Cirrus etc.MS have “ummed and aahd” about this ever since launch, but have done nothing about it. The last I heard was that “we are looking into this and intend to do something…but some manufacturers are not happy about letting users edit their aircraft” They all should realise that many pilots do not want to mess with the Aircraft configuration at all, but just want the ground services it uses to be realistic.In any event, the Baron performs very closely to the parameters in the Pilot Operating Handbook and IMHO does not need to be edited.

Thanks! Worked like a charm… though ctrl+P scared the s**t out of me in VR! Was NOT expecting such an immediate yank-back, lol. I need to wipe the greasy forehead smudge off my virtual windshield! :joy:

I’ll have to try the services edit, thanks.

I am happy that we can now edit the aircraft.cfg files. I set the C172 up like this and no longer have the tug and operator standing in front of my propeller. I think this should be the default settings for general aviation aircraft. Or give us an option in the settings menu.

[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 1
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 0
CATERING_TRUCK = 0
BOARDING_RAMP = 0
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0
PUSHBACK = 0
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 0
JETWAY = 0

4 Likes

a big thank-you

That’s how to fix it, have done that to all my 3d party and modded GA since the beginning.

I think the solution would be to disable push-back tug from all GA parking spot, but make them appear if you request it. Otherwise there is just too much airport personnel just standing still watching you. Also you don’t need to parking guys directing you when you have a Cessna.

2 Likes

For me the simple answer is to make it ‘clickable’. Hover over it with the mouse, click, and it’s gone just like when you want to move the yoke out of the way.

2 Likes

Thank you for this!