Remove Snow from LOWI?

Hello!
Is it possible to remove snow from innsbruck? We have over 20°C there.
I tried different month, no change. Only disable weather will remove snow, but this is not the solution.

4 Likes

Nope, other than using weather presets.

Hello,
This is a bug having to do with snow being in the mountains and snow coverage not being granular enough. It therefore affects areas even without snow. The team is aware of the issue but have not publicized a timeline for a fix.

1 Like

that’s good to know

1 Like

The funny thing is, I remember a time when summer snow was not an issue at LOWI!
So this bug must have crept in somwhere along the road…

I honestly don’t know. It’s possible that it’s there from launch.

The issue is that the snow coverage data they get does not have very fine resolution. So if you have a mountain nearby and there’s a tiny bit of snow on the top of the mountain, the whole area will get covered in snow in MSFS.

Given that the data they get back is an issue, it is possible that this has been occurring since launch.

The team is working on getting more granular snow data, but I don’t know the status of where they are with this.

This is the snow coverage in meteoblue. I don’t think it’s an issue of resolution…

And here’s the relevant thread to vote on (guess what, it’s more than a year old by now…):

1 Like

Zoom right out on that Meteoblue map until the snow data gets really inaccurate. That’s the resolution MSFS uses. The issue isn’t that Meteoblue’s data is bad - when you zoom in it’s perfectly capable of putting snow on mountain tops but not in the valleys. MSFS for whatever reason just doesn’t use that data. I’m increasingly seeing MSFS put snow where there isn’t any at all on the Meteoblue map, so I think the data MSFS uses is also super out of date. The ”feature” is just so totally, embarrassingly broken, and it’s been broken since it was implemented in December 2020.

2 Likes

Classic case where if you can’t or won’t do it right, don’t do it at all. It seems like a cost saving measure that undercuts the entire point of using the data.

If it’s truly a mistake, surely it would’ve been fixed in the 2.5 years since they rolled out live snow.

please put it on the agenda of the next dev stream. thanks