Remove the "auto finish" for ground services (baggage, catering, passenger stairs, etc.)

It could be nice to have a setting in the game options so that the default ground services time is either “quick” (what we have now) or “realistic” (how long it takes for services to be complete in real life). That would probably be easier to implement than a system that requires a UI to be developed, and might be less tedious than selecting the service time after every landing.

4 Likes

Whenever I try and connect a ramp to my aircraft, it stays there for 20 seconds and then disconnects. I never asked it to disconnect and I want full control of the ramp. I’m certain that this is a bug because surely asobo wouldn’t program it to only stay for 20 seconds.

The other ground services are acting strange too such as the catering and baggage. They take an incredibly short time to do their job.

If this is not a bug, correct me, but I’m certain that this is a bug. Thanks

Agree on this

1 Like

I noticed this too. Wasn’t sure about if it was a bug or not, but the jetway stays connected until you request the disconnection, so I thought stairs would act the same way. Have you reported it to zendesk?

1 Like

I will report this to zendesk

1 Like

Come on guys, 3 months later and the airstairs still disconnect after a few seconds. Only way to get the passengers boarded with self loading cargo is to just open door without the stairs, but that just ruins the realism, really annoying.

3 Likes

Brief description of the issue:
When requesting airstairs connected to the plane they disconnect less than a minute later without requesting it. The jet bridges work fine and stay connected until you request them to be disconnected. This is causing issues when using addons like self loading cargo that simulate the boarding process but abort that once the stairs disconnect - which also causes the door of the plane to close. So you either board passengers 20ish seconds at a time or open the door without the stairs which totally destroys the immersion.

And if reviewing the timeout/requests for the ground services maybe do the same for catering and baggage, let me choose (or self loading cargo) tell me when the simulated load has been loaded/unloaded, which highly depends on the size of the plane and number of passengers.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Spawn/park at a gate/parking spot with airstairs. Request them to be connected and wait like 20 seconds.

Currently when airstairs are called, they sit there for a minute then back off. Unlike jetways which (most of the time) stay put until you ask them to disconnect. This doesn’t make sense and makes using adding like Self Loading Cargo a pain and ruins the process.

Please vote as this makes zero sense. Airstairs would never be removed without instruction.

1 Like

Yep still annoying after 3 monts and no fix

1 Like

Agree this is annoying especially when using SLC which replies on this to keep the door open.

I’ve noticed even the jetways sometimes disconnect on their own after a short while. Potentially due to the way some are coded for custom models at add on airports.

2 Likes

I have the FS2Crew Pushback Express program, even they have applied, so far it is useless.

Why does the stair truck actually pull away by itself after about 30 seconds ???

Dear Asobo team, could you please fix this soon. That can’t be that much. The gangway car drives away by itself. And the suitcase car only empties one car and not all 3. As well as, if you started at the gate, they have to put suitcases in. And when you landed they have to unload suitcases. Please fix it soon! Thanks in advance.

8 Likes

Agree about stairs, baggage or catering truck. Why autodisconnect? Let us select when service should be connected or disconnected. Same about GPU. It disconnects after a few seconds.

6 Likes

We need GSX ASAP… I presume this won’t be any time soon as we haven’t seen previews for 6 months!

1 Like

I’m just going to say, I found a lot of great routes, but I kind of refuse to fly them since they’re ramp stands. When the air stairs connects for only 30 seconds, it’s pretty unrealistic. I don’t know how hard it would be, but I believe Asobo should just adjust it to be like a JetBridge so you remove it whenever you feel.

1 Like

Totally agree with all the above. Stairs are very annoying along with many airframes not able to open doors, bad simulation, especially as I wish to use Self Loading Cargo to simulate the loading of PAX!

4 Likes

I wish you good health! Have a question! I avoid all small airports as there are no aircraft ramps for more than 30 seconds. When will you fix it? Waiting for all the updates, but you ignore the annoying factor. You’ve already been contacted by Flight Crew. When will the changes take place?

Title self-explanatory really; when called for over the radio, ground equipment & stairs/jetways disconnect after roughly 30 seconds, every time.

I don’t know why they implemented it that way or who thought it was a good idea to do it this way, but anything connected to aircraft should only be disconnected upon request by the player and definitely not after 30 seconds.

3 Likes

IRL those kind of ground operations take time. Way more than scale of seconds.

I think that’s why they have coded this way.

Kind regards.

Well I don’t want to spend an hour waiting for my baggage and catering to finish loading before I can even start my flight.