Remove the "auto finish" for ground services (baggage, catering, passenger stairs, etc.)

Agree. Should be chosen by the player. 30 seconds is nearly pathetic.

3 Likes

You posted this as a reply to my original thread, but I don’t understand how what you said makes sense.

Yes, turnarounds typically take about an hour, so why does it make sense to disconnect them after 30 secs?

Unless you are saying people don’t want to wait an hour for pax and baggage so that’s why it’s 30 secs. Which would still be a moot point since my request was to make it driven by the player. So people can leave them connected to the plane for as long as they want, rather than the mandatory 30 secs which is ridiculous, annoying and makes no sense.

3 Likes

Who said you have to wait an hour? You connect and disconnect them whenever you want.
Why force a 30 sec limit when it makes more sense to leave it to the player?

6 Likes

Well, disconnecting baggage in the middle of the baggage loading isn’t realistic as well. Imagine they’re still loading half the baggage and the other half is still outside then you press to stop the baggage and leave it out.

The problem here is the stairs, they don’t treat the stairs the same way they do with jetways which is a persistent connection until the pilot says so. As for the other services, a setting with a timer would do, You know between Realistic, Quick, and Instant.

2 Likes

All you have to do is close the three wagons empty and not just one, so that should come from the time and then be more realistic. But you should take it into account in the animation when I start a flight that the suitcases go in and when I arrive then empty “all” luggage trolleys and not fill them up again but recognize.

Hi folks,

the ground equipment things are till now stupid coded. In the ATC menu is an option called “remove stairs” … FS is doing this automaticly after a very shorttime… hmmmmm … why ???

And please REMOVE that icing ■■■■ !!! :-p …

Greets Klaus

They seem to stay connected to the plane for like 1-2 mins and then they just disconnect and go back to their place. I would recommend to add an option where u get to choose for how long you want the trucks to stay connected to the airplane. This adds much more realism and life to the sim.

2 Likes

Good point. Or maybe jetways, catering etc connexion time should be unlimited because anyway in atc we got the « disconnection » option

3 Likes

Hello!
When I order fuel truck and staris, the refueling task take only few seconds and the fuel truck will disconnect again. Same thing for the staris. The stairs disconnect after approx. 10 seconds.

Is there a solution?

If a dev (or community manager with access to a dev) sees this topic, could someone please tell us where to find the value that controls this or how to override it? I’m not a great programmer but I know enough to make a simple mod that changes the value to something else.

I agree with you.

Yes, I think in the rush to get the sim out of the door last year, someone forgot that the stairs shouldn’t behave the same as the catering or luggage services.

Many people would like the services to stick around for longer than they do, but I imagine once the Xbox users come along, what is there now will suit them nicely… With the exception of the stairs, which should have the same behaviour as a jet bridge.

1 Like

My guess is that they are waiting for FSDream Team GSX to figure it out since they only concentrate on visuals!!!

Why the hell is this even a thing? Can’t they let us enjoy full sim experience and not this arcade 30 second thing?

1 Like

This needs to be fixed soon, it’s been a very long time and ground crew still takes 30 seconds.

This has been really annoying. Who thought that this was a good idea?

Have a look at Toolbar Pushback. Version 1.2.0 introduced a new feature:

Stairs will stay for as long as you want and don’t drive away automatically (experimental).

1 Like

If these services could be handled the same as with the jetway it would be a great step!

Please, Please, Please Asobo can you adjust the length of time that the Air stairs stay at your aircraft, my passengers are complaining they cant all get on board in 20 secs and it steers me away from the smaller airports with no gates, even better would be to allow the user to remove stairs whenever they like, like the gates do. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I agree, I don’t know why the did that, but if you use the stairs through this add on, it stays forever Toolbar Pushback for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Likes