Remove white spinning circle in flight

In my case fixed after SU8.
No spinning circle on the ground and during the flight.

I did not partipicate in SU8 beta testing.

The problem would not be that of just failing to show the circle. With me it appears and in each processing that happens due to the appearance of the circle, the simulator ends up in intermittent stuttering, until it passes a certain height in relation to the ground, then it becomes fluid again.

I use Win11. Would it be something where the OS takes time to write the MSFS information then? Because this has happened to me in other simulators in the past and was only resolved with a system update.

Who doesn’t have the stutter must be using W10? Can anyone help us with this observation?

1 Like

Win 10 and Win 11 here, it does it under both since the su8 beta. Did a clean install, and then got the update and it still does it. When I re-installed su7 it went away.

2 Likes

i still waiting than the devs can say something about this

1 Like

As I said earlier, this is not a new problem.
It has happened since the sim was released, there were many posts about it before which have since been closed.

I reported it on zendesk well over a year ago with details of the Dev mode workaround. Windows version is irrelevant it’s something in the sim.

The fact that a number of you have only just experienced it is probably just luck.
It appeared to be random to me.
Since SU8 and during the beta I didn’t see it at all, but I’m sure it will return at some point .

And thats the only time I saw it during this last beta … go figure Im starting to think theres some kind of secret MSFS lottery, so that X% of people just cant play for this su* and maybe next su if your number comes up you can play again…until the next drawing. ;p

It’s just a loading/streaming indicator. It’s unobtrusive and provides visual feedback.

It’s showing up for more frequently now along with a slight pause.

A simulator don’t need visual feedback when loading, streaming or saving in the background. It should all be smooth and unobtrusive.

It does need it to show what it’s doing so people don’t complain over slight pauses caused by streaming/loading.

Now you’ve got two problems. Make the spinner optional please.

It’s totally unobtrusive, no need to make it optional. Without it showing you’ll get people moaning caused by streaming issues without knowing what it really is.
It’s a common indicator used across all streaming services.

Those that know can turn it off. Options are always good and won’t affect those that enjoy seeing the spinner.

I’ve voted, hopefully the devs look at this soon.

2 Likes

Unfortunately now aicraft shut down completely once you switch on Dev Mode. Happened to me with the Kitfox and the Kodiak. So, the track record is still 100% perfect: not a single update without new issues. :wink:

It’s really not … it annoys me on every single flight. Why do you even argue for not having an option to turn it off? Do you love that circle so much that you want to force everybody to see it? Come on …

2 Likes

Since SU8 the white spinner does not show any more and there is no need to turn on Dev Mode to make it not appear. :slightly_smiling_face:

WHAT? April fools day is next month.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/remove-white-spinning-circle-in-flight/296324/118

Not appears for you, dont talk for everyone

It’s a tiny, monochrome disc in the bottom right of the screen. Yes, it’s unobtrusive.

I think you are misunderstanding the issue here. The spinning circle appearing to denote some sort of activity is ok for me, I don’t find it that distracting.
The issue occurs when it starts appearing constantly every 1 to 2 seconds or so, which also coincides with a slight pause in the game.

Once you get this it will go on forever unless you use the dev mode workaround.

[White Logging Spinner: Hasta La Vista, Baby!!!! - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community]