Render scaling graphics BUG is back after HOTFIX 1.19.9.0

Thanks asobo! Finally fixed after WU6 and now back after the hotfix.

Great that the night lighting is fixed with higher then 100% scaling… But this kinda makes it pointless now doesn’t it?

Great effort though…

Original bug post after SU5: Sim update 5 - This game kills my RTX3090!

1 Like

Do you have vsync enabled in-game? Is your GPU overclocked?

No vsync and gpu is oc’d to 1830mhz with a slight undervolt (825mv/1800mhz)

Though this has not given any problems before SU5. Neither does it give problems in any other games/apps/benchmarks. After WU6 this problem was also fixed. Since today after the hotfix this happens again.

With the gpu @ stock settings the problem still exists. Temps are fine so is system stablity.

I bet this is related to the night lighting issue after WU6 since it was also related to above 100% render scaling and somehow fixed this issue but caused the night lighting issue. Now night lighting is fixed and this issue is back again.

Yeah, overclocks were mostly fine in the past, I ran a pretty heavy one on my 3060ti until SU5 myself. But the flights would not load with the OC applied. After this last patch I was able to apply my overclock again.

That being said, you need to enable your in-game vsync to fix the shearing in your photo.

If you still get artifacts with vsync on, you have to reduce your memory speed.

Any synthetic benchmarks you ran to achieve your OC are useless when it comes to MSFS. You have to tune your OC to run the game, period.

It’s not a night lighting/render scaling issue. That was fixed. After the last patch I reapplied the setting I was using before the night lighting bug, which is resolution to 4k using Nvidia DSR and render scaling in the game to 70% and it works flawlessly. Vsync set to 30 fps on a 10700k at 5.1 all and 3060ti OCd to +108/+1070.

Avoiding full screen solved this for me, I don’t know if you’ve tried it

I appreciate your help but i’m not gonna alter my pc settings to compensate for asobo’s mistakes. I do more then only flight simming and all the oc’s i have done only improve system functionality and temperatures. The oc on my 3090 is very mild and only applied to have stable core freq with reduced power usage. I’m not gonna let a 2k gpu run at lower clocks while eating power and getting hot just because asobo has messed up (again).

Mem is rated at 3200mhz and running at 3200mhz.

Vsync is off because i have gsync and mot sacrificing extra frames for (again) asobo messing up.

Btw. Turning on vsync still doesn’t work. Only thing that get’s rid of the artifacts is setting render scaling back at 100%. To bad it will make my gpu run @ 70% instead of 100% wich is another waste due to asobo messing up.

But thanks though! Just a bit ■■■■■■ about this being an issue again after it was fixed😑

Will try. Altough i really don’t like playing a game in windowed mode🙈

Didn’t work. Windowed mode problem occured again after aprox 10 mins.

before i was experiencing this ‘tearing’ (when renderscale >100) as well - but enabling vsync in nvidia control panel (rather than in game), seemed to have fixed it.

Wich vsync setting do you use?

Change Vertical Sync to Fast. Works great and no loss of performance.

Thanks will try that!

So far so good so think this is the solution👍

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.