Reno Hotfix - the future of FS2020?

So, SU7 only half implemented Tobii and introduced usability issues to TrackIR and VR and the first Hotfix that MSAsobo release after a period of complete silence is…

Is this an indication of where the priorities lie?

15 Likes

You mean paying customers who bought extra DLC? I would hope so, yes.

6 Likes

We all paid for MSFS2020

33 Likes

Sorry - paying customer here from day 1. I expect the basic sim to function properly and as advertised which at the moment it doesn’t. Live traffic = broken. Live weather = broken. ATC = not fit for purpose.

37 Likes

Paranoia really is a thing.

I could trot out my conspracy theory post again, but come on, we really need to stop assuming that MS/Asobo is out to do us down/cut us out/generally shaft us. It’s just not real and it’s just not credible.

18 Likes

Does this Hotfix address the TrackIR or VR issues introduced with SU7?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Both live traffic and live weather work. There are indeed server outages every now and then.

Edit: I’m receiving a lot of heat from this single post.
This is what I see when using live weather:

4 Likes

priority for MS/ Asobo is on fun, racing, arcade gaming. is clear, isn’t it ?

4 Likes

Err, no. Why would you think that?

A lot of the community would seem to disagree!

We would welcome your support with these issues.

Thank you.

17 Likes

So rendering cloud bases at MSL instead of AGL, incorrect visibility in the US and sudden weather transitions is a marker for live weather working?

20 Likes

For clarity - my definition of “broken” would be “not working correctly”.

2 Likes

Have a look here and here for current bug states.

It’s correct in the EU, sudden transformations are not always the case and MSL to AGL is indeed a bug. So yes, it’s working. Not 100% correctly, but it’s working.

3 Likes

Just because it is working in the EU doesn’t mean it should be put on the back burner because the problem is regional. If you release something that potentially breaks a feature, regardless of where that feature is being displayed, it should still be fixed with the same urgency as if the entire live weather system world wide is broken. The last I checked, people in the US payed the same amount of money for MSFS.

Sudden transformations are only “not always the case” if you fly between multiple reporting stations that have the same conditions. We no longer have smooth transitions of weather as was prior to SU7.

It’s a shame the Reno DLC isn’t using live weather, maybe the attention and focus to fix the current problems would be a bigger priority.

4 Likes

Who says it’s on the back burner?

Because the system has completely changed. It now uses metar information in combination with a global forecast model, instead of just a global forecast model.

So there has to be smooth transition between the forecast model and the metar. That proves to be challenging every now and then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you should say that then. Broken, for most people, means it doesn’t work at all, not that it doesn’t work correctly.

So if the complaint was: “All the aircraft in the sim are only able to fly at 85kts and 2000ft”. By your logic “They are working, just not 100%”.

I give up. I really do.

4 Likes

Maybe you should if you want to be silly about it. Or perhaps try describign the issue rather than using emotive hyperbole.

4 Likes