Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

I just finished my 3rd fresh installation of the sim via Steam and the sim CTD.

This is unacceptable considering I have 1000++ hours in-game. Latest update sim is not playable at all LOL

event viewer to show the cause of the crash

here’s to show you guys how it was not playable at all and I believe you guys experiencing the same like me once its loaded and its CTD at the end of the video while I was in the option setting trying to turn off some setting.

and my system

I have followed this two guides to no avail:

I shut off traffic altogether. Still get this mess. :thinking: It happened while resizing the VFR map.

Same crashes for me since update. I did a full reinstall to see if that fixed. Nope. I even upgraded to Win11. Same issue. I think I notice a theme:

I have an AMD processor (Ryzen 5).
I have a Gigabyte 550 mother board.
I have an Nvidia RTX 3080
I have latest Nvidia drivers.

I get:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000732d7a
Faulting process ID: 0x2fec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78421d0c17866
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 20bb6f0f-4b88-471f-9d1e-ce8b9906c5fd
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Maybe a pole on processor, motherboard, video card, driver version might show something?

Sorry so you mean during loading or withing 3-5 mins of flying into the game ie. your loading is always 100% reliable ? Or is it taking up to 5 minutes to load ?

Having same issue here, up until the latest update I’d never had CTDs, now I’m fortunate if I fly for 5 minutes. :frowning:

Within 3-5 minutes after plane appears on the tarmac. I was loading on a very remote airfield so apparently, no AI traffic was nearby and thus no instant crash

No crash since I disabled AI traffic.

Never had CTD before but after the update I get is constantly. Asobo please do something about it. We can not all be wrong here.

Possible fix:

It looks like the World Updates have to be reinstalled manually through the Content Manager. Same goes for the Premium and Deluxe bundles - they have to be manually updated after the installation of Sim Update 5. Any addons downloaded in the Content Manager might have to be updated in this manner, too. If you click the info box next to an addon in the CM, you’ll see a note that says the required sim version is 1.18.13.0. Additionally, there’ll be a prompt to update the addon.

I updated everything manually through the CM and haven’t had one CTD. The sim booted up every time, no crashes in the menu or when loading a flight, and I didn’t have any complications when enabling live traffic.

I hope this method works for you all.

1 Like

Thanks for this. It’s really appreciated and glad to hear that the team are actively focusing on getting this sorted. Good luck and thanks asobo for your effort. Looking forward to flying in the Sim with out issues again. Shane we cant just roll back to previous temporarily because it was working perfectly beforehand.

underclocked RAM, no AI traffic, same flight region as the 3 prior CTDs. . .still happening. Doesn’t even look like my system is really straining. :frowning:

I’ll try without VR tomorrow. This is disheartening.

Can a mod merge this thread in too? :slight_smile:

I manage to fly around just now in the game for almost a minute before its CTD LOL

What is going on??!!

@Jummivana can we make this a dedicated topic? I am concerned that this survey is lost in this thread and there are now a significant amount of threads on CTDs. Again, really appreciate your support.

3 Likes

I didn’t get a ctd during install, main menu or world map.
Its during loading a flight or the flight itself in the sim.
Its so dámn frustrating

I also get CTD’s. Usually pretty randomly after playing about 20 minutes. Cleared the communitiy forlder. Tried on 2 different Systems but same result.
Had some CTD’s during install and first loading as well. But this seems not to happen any more.

Ryzen 9 ZEN 3 CPU, RTX3070/AMD6900XT, 64GB RAM etc.

another thread recommended turning off all AI. Set every slider to 0, cars boats, airport traffic, turn off ALL traffic. So far this is working fro me, I am 20 mins into a flight. I will report back.

Edit: Completed a 49min flight after having continuous CTDs. I did a complete reinstall last night out of frustration. The came across the thread that recommended turning off ALL traffic and AI boats cars etc. I did that and then turned real-time traffic back on and real weather back on. Going to have a dinner break and then have another flight without shutting down the sim.

Hi,

I now cannot launch a flight in VR without a CTD. I have an RTX3080, 64Gb RAM, AMD5900 processor, HP Reverb G2 so not a middle performance machine by any means. It was working well for a day but now fails every time.

1 Like

Same here… Just AMD6900XT as GPU.

Repeatable CTD - I’m having an issue when trying to select the default CONTROLLER profile. I knoiw there is a known issue with the mouse but I have had the issue with the controller.

Also they ruined tooltips :frowning:

Do you have a clr.dll crash?