Replacing FBW sound with default

Is there a way to replace the FBW A320 sound with the default A320 sound? I notice there’s a sound entry in the aircraft.cfg file that basically says sound folder. Any idea what line I could enter there to make it play the aircraft sounds of the default Asobo A320? I just find the FBW sound a bit too harsh.

You can adjust the volumes using and/or in the MSFS sound menu. Otherwise, I’m unaware of how you would reinstate the default sounds.

They’ve done some amazing work in the sound. Surprised you’d want to get rid of to be honest!

2 Likes

Hello,
I moved your post into Third Party Addon Discussion. Anything regarding the FBW mod should be discussed here.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to change volume sliders for just one aircraft. The outside engine sound is too harsh and sounds like it will blow my speakers. You can barely hear ATC outside the aircraft. And yes they might say that realistically if you were standing outside the aircraft you wouldn’t be able to hear anything else. But c’mon, this is a sim. I can’t hardly year the flaps or gear. And a real pilot will say from the cockpit you can’t hear them. I don’t care. I want to hear them. That’s why. Haha

1 Like

You can hear the flaps if you’re viewing using the passenger window-wing view.

You can also reduce the volume for the exterior engines from the EFB. If that’s still too loud, you can manually reduce the volume in the General Sound Setting in the sim, set your ATC comms to Max volume, while reducing the engine sounds. Or you can also change the Audio comms mode if you want the ATC to come to your headphones while the other sounds come to your speakers.

1 Like

If you don’t want the realism the FBW A320 provides, why not just stick with the default from Asobo altogether.

9 Likes

It is crazy to think that someone would willingly want the default A320neo sounds over the FBW teams sound pack. I think V1, a youtube streamer and A32x family pilot, said they were the best sounds in a sim.

Also, your comment about not hearing flaps and landing gear, you can most certainly here the gear extending in the cockpit view, and over the wings, you can hear the flaps extend and retract. Simply go into your efb and adjust the sound volumes.

Or, as others have said, just continue to use the default A320.

3 Likes

Why not? You want something very specific, you’re gonna have to take specific action, like you said yourself…

Again you can change the sliders so you can better hear certain sounds if you wish. But surely the fact this is a sim means things should be presented in as realistic-a-manner as possible?

You might have more of a point if you said

But c’mon, this is GTA.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten that far in the FBW but what is EFB?

Even if the sounds are too harsh, I don’t see why anyone would rather have the default A320 sounds which sound nothing like the real thing. In my opinion I would rather hear no flaps than the Asobo flaps which once again don’t sound anything like the real thing and is even more immersion breaking. The efb is the tablet on the left in the cockpit, just turn down the exterior volume individually. The efb is one of the best features in the fbw A320.

4 Likes

Electronic Flight Bag (EFB). It’s basically the tablet/ iPad on the Captain’s left side. It provides extra (important) functionality that will help you quite a bit if used properly.

2 Likes

Is there an instrument view for this, or I guess I can make one? That’s all I need is an Ipad in the cockpit haha. But I will check it out. While I’m here, the stable version can’t do autoland yet? Is this correct?

Stable version can’t do autoland (yet) because it doesn’t have the custom autopilot systems and the flight controls that the Dev mode has (yet).

1 Like

I don’t think there is an instrument view for the efb but I don’t know how you haven’t noticed it yet. It really helps your flight.

Well changing the volume in it had no effect. Even turning them all down had no effect. Still loud as ever in the Dev version. Oh well. A work in progress I suppose.

1 Like

Hey - pardon my username, I can’t change it, but I am the FBW sound guy.

I have been improving the sounds over the past several months with feedback from neo pilots and engineers.

For your comment about the flaps and gear - you can definitely hear the gear in the cockpit and cabin, it makes a loud very noticeable clunk, and then the nose wheel does a screeching sort of noise. For flaps, you definitely don’t hear those in the cockpit, but you can in the wing view. While you are right, it is a sim, the goal of the sound is to be as real as possible.

For external sounds being too loud - as others have commented, the EFB exterior master slider is there. However I do know the efficacy of it is small, and I need to increase the range of it which I will do in a future update.

Thanks for your feedback

18 Likes

Thank you for your great work. I didn’t know you where contributing to the wonderful FBW experience.

3 Likes

Maybe mute your sim, turn on your vaccuum cleaner and be happy? May be even better than default sounds :wink:

9 Likes

Not even the engine sound from the General Sound Options in MSFS settings itself? I could’ve sworn there’s an engine sound slider in the sim’s general sound option.

Yes but then that controls every aircraft.