Replacing FBW sound with default

I added back the mid and low frequencies as those do get lost in the recordings. I don’t just take a recording and instantly slap it in. I go through a long process of making it actually sound genuine and adding back important frequencies and tuning out the ones that aren’t pleasant. Try going to cabin view and listen to the takeoff, and compare with this here https://youtu.be/zGrP4Yf-YFk

Also make sure you are on latest development/experimental versions as they have the best sounds. I have talked to many others who have been in neos and they say that the sound is accurate. I know it doesn’t sound real to you and that might be either just subjective, speaker/headphone quality, or just you not having heard the actual plane which is very tinny compared to other engines.

I promise I am working to make exterior more balanced. All it needs is an “overall” volume tweak. I will do this in the near future.

3 Likes

Awesome Boris – and 99.9% of us know you’re doing an awesome job with the sounds.

3 Likes

Definitely a unique sounding plane. It’s got quite a whine to it.

Yep, it is. Hopefully this does a bit to improve your perception of the a32nx. The LEAP-1A does not sound anything like the cfm56 or IAE variants on the 320.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-09-13 174706

With the help of another gentlemen we have the solution to my original question. You would edit the aircraft.cfg file to look like this. Then you will have, as others here call it, your Asobo vacuum cleaner engine sound.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/linking-or-using-a-stock-asobo-aircraft-sound-file/446596/8

1 Like

Yes I should have put his/her name here. LyonHaart001 Thank you.

1 Like

I probably won’t be reading this thread anymore as it doesn’t help my motivation. I already got the feedback that it’s too loud on exterior and I will change it to be a lot quieter by default and the efb sliders having a bit more range for exterior. Makes me sad that people want to use the default sounds over mine because of the volume being a bit too high, so I’ll get to changing it.

4 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. There is one or a couple of persons who don’t like the FBW sounds although it is realistic. The many thousands who enjoy it are unfortunately not as vocal in their appreciation of your great work.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe this guy lol. But I guess it’s his opinion to think that the sounds aren’t good (even though it is the exact sound of the real cfm Leap1a engine) so proceeds to switch to a vacuum cleaner :muscle: :muscle: To the topic author: I get it doesn’t sound like anything you have been on, but maybe that is because you haven’t been on the A320neo? and the fbw A320 is an A320neo?

1 Like

… I get the feeling there are some people who like to provoke. … don’t let them. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t be frustrated. The whole fbw team does a fantastic job and even the sound is very important. Know it is easy to say but do not care about this kind of people. People want hear in the cockpit that you can not hear in real life? Fine let them use the asobo neo where you can hear everything but ypu cant fly a mile without any problem. It is too loud? Sorry that is hilarious. Ignore them the success of your plane can be found in many threads so go on with your work. When you compare the plane with the asobo it is a Quantensprung. I fly most of the time the a32nx because so many things are working great, handling and sound, and it is free. If people can do it better, ok, lets do them. I could not do it and I am impressed what you guys are modding every time.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

omg ! in my opinion these sounds are similar quality to fs labs a320. even brake fan is there in outside view. all that for free. amazing

1 Like

I have complete faith in the FBW team. If it’s too loud… then I assume it is that loud in real life, and I’m all for it… If I can’t hear something that I used to hear, then I assume it’s not audible in real life too. Whatever they bring to the A32NX mod, I take it for what it is, because I’m neither a real A320 pilot nor an Airbus engineer, so whatever I say has no credibility to what it “should” be like. So I just take for what it is, and assume that’s just how it suppose to be.

4 Likes

I’m a big 5.1 home theater fan, since many years.
And I have my PS3 hooked up to this system. Immersive games such as Alien Isolation, Crysis and Gran Turismo 6 sound amazing in native 5.1 directional sound.
Do you or anyone else know if the X-Box version of FS2020 can output discrete multichannel audio into an AV processor?

On a hot summer day, my PC coolers are also a beautiful sound source…

3 Likes

Same here. I am not an expert and if the sound is loud then I believe it will be loud in the real cockpit. I am happy with every update so please go on.

1 Like

I agree with the author of this topic, it could be nice if we could have a default sound version for use with this plane.
I don’t doubt about the good will and passion the sound guy of fbw did put in it, but sound job is something who need really precision. The most important thing when you do a sound is the source sound. If you don’t record all frequencies of the sound with good mic at start, then its already done. What you add later by equalizer, mixing etc… Will be just artificial frequencies, it wont add richness to the sound but mostly compressed and maximized frequencies who will be tiring for ears.

The default asobo sound is richful when you listen it, is not aggressive, not intrusive, is well mixed and feel wide, it feel natural to the ears (maybe not realistic but natural, and this is important for our ears and brain). Peoples are now usual to compressed sound, and in many things people will find a sound realistic when it is compressed, because use of videos, youtubes etc… but its not, a sound is realistic when it feel natural. I just made a 1h30 flight with the fbw plane, who is really great , but i really shutted down sound at minimum at end, i had impression to run a big 4x4 with all windows open (i was playing in cockpit) and i didn’t really had that wide realistic sound environment feeling i have with asobo a320. Its not a question of just loudness, its really the richness of the sound who are important. A rich sound won’t need to be loud for feel is here, but for get a rich sound, it start by a really good recording with good mics.

Its how i find this topic, because as a guy who work in sound as professional since 10 years, i really care of that details, and mostly when it hurt ears is really not good (as i was playing in vr, i had audio headset.). Again i don’t doub that you (the guy who do the sounds for fbw) are passionate and want do the best, but i think it would be nice to propose an alternative with default sound.

EDIT: Didn’t saw that there was the solution… But don’t work for all the buttons sound sadly.

Yes and you lose the altitude callouts as well which is kind of a bummer. I’m not flying the FBW anymore as I prefer flying the default which, while not having everything working in the mcdu, still flys amazingly well.

ALT callouts are still there in all FBW versions.