Replacing FBW sound with default

We literally got verification of their IDs to get the pilot role. It’s really not that much of a conspiracy. How about you don’t insult it if you have not been on the plane. Asobo sounds nothing like the real thing. It’s also maybe recorded with a smartphone, but I have spent countless hours adding back frequencies, mixing them, and enhancing them in every possible way. At least be respectful towards my work.

5 Likes

Hey Boris I do respect you and the work you’re doing and the whole freeware community. It just doesn’t sound real to me. As I said earlier the exterior sound is overpowering to me. If this was fixed I could probably live with it. But listen to the masses and if they like it, then pay no attention to me. I’m just give my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

You do realize that there is only one sound that is realistic with anything tech, right? frequency and amplitude have to match, you’re done. (Unless of course somethings is wrong, but e.g. in automotive you would use this exact different sound to diagnose a fault)

It’s not music.

1 Like

I love the FBW sounds by @BorisThicc9593 - best sounds on a plane that we currently have, but I will agree – the external engines sounds are WAY too loud and the sliders in settings do not do much. Hopefully that changes soon.

1 Like

Well yes but if you want to have a really realistic sound you need decent equipment to capture all the frequencies and nuances. He’s doing what he can with the audio clips he has gathered But a little smartphone microphone isn’t going to be able to do that. The interior sound is missing some low to mid frequencies which to my ear gives it a tinny sound. But you would have to ask him more details. Maybe he can get one of the pilots to go in the cockpit with a decent mic and recording software.

I added back the mid and low frequencies as those do get lost in the recordings. I don’t just take a recording and instantly slap it in. I go through a long process of making it actually sound genuine and adding back important frequencies and tuning out the ones that aren’t pleasant. Try going to cabin view and listen to the takeoff, and compare with this here https://youtu.be/zGrP4Yf-YFk

Also make sure you are on latest development/experimental versions as they have the best sounds. I have talked to many others who have been in neos and they say that the sound is accurate. I know it doesn’t sound real to you and that might be either just subjective, speaker/headphone quality, or just you not having heard the actual plane which is very tinny compared to other engines.

I promise I am working to make exterior more balanced. All it needs is an “overall” volume tweak. I will do this in the near future.

3 Likes

Awesome Boris – and 99.9% of us know you’re doing an awesome job with the sounds.

3 Likes

Definitely a unique sounding plane. It’s got quite a whine to it.

Yep, it is. Hopefully this does a bit to improve your perception of the a32nx. The LEAP-1A does not sound anything like the cfm56 or IAE variants on the 320.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-09-13 174706

With the help of another gentlemen we have the solution to my original question. You would edit the aircraft.cfg file to look like this. Then you will have, as others here call it, your Asobo vacuum cleaner engine sound.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/linking-or-using-a-stock-asobo-aircraft-sound-file/446596/8

1 Like

Yes I should have put his/her name here. LyonHaart001 Thank you.

1 Like

I probably won’t be reading this thread anymore as it doesn’t help my motivation. I already got the feedback that it’s too loud on exterior and I will change it to be a lot quieter by default and the efb sliders having a bit more range for exterior. Makes me sad that people want to use the default sounds over mine because of the volume being a bit too high, so I’ll get to changing it.

4 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. There is one or a couple of persons who don’t like the FBW sounds although it is realistic. The many thousands who enjoy it are unfortunately not as vocal in their appreciation of your great work.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe this guy lol. But I guess it’s his opinion to think that the sounds aren’t good (even though it is the exact sound of the real cfm Leap1a engine) so proceeds to switch to a vacuum cleaner :muscle: :muscle: To the topic author: I get it doesn’t sound like anything you have been on, but maybe that is because you haven’t been on the A320neo? and the fbw A320 is an A320neo?

1 Like

… I get the feeling there are some people who like to provoke. … don’t let them. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t be frustrated. The whole fbw team does a fantastic job and even the sound is very important. Know it is easy to say but do not care about this kind of people. People want hear in the cockpit that you can not hear in real life? Fine let them use the asobo neo where you can hear everything but ypu cant fly a mile without any problem. It is too loud? Sorry that is hilarious. Ignore them the success of your plane can be found in many threads so go on with your work. When you compare the plane with the asobo it is a Quantensprung. I fly most of the time the a32nx because so many things are working great, handling and sound, and it is free. If people can do it better, ok, lets do them. I could not do it and I am impressed what you guys are modding every time.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

omg ! in my opinion these sounds are similar quality to fs labs a320. even brake fan is there in outside view. all that for free. amazing

1 Like

I have complete faith in the FBW team. If it’s too loud… then I assume it is that loud in real life, and I’m all for it… If I can’t hear something that I used to hear, then I assume it’s not audible in real life too. Whatever they bring to the A32NX mod, I take it for what it is, because I’m neither a real A320 pilot nor an Airbus engineer, so whatever I say has no credibility to what it “should” be like. So I just take for what it is, and assume that’s just how it suppose to be.

4 Likes

I’m a big 5.1 home theater fan, since many years.
And I have my PS3 hooked up to this system. Immersive games such as Alien Isolation, Crysis and Gran Turismo 6 sound amazing in native 5.1 directional sound.
Do you or anyone else know if the X-Box version of FS2020 can output discrete multichannel audio into an AV processor?