Replay function missing?

I just watched the last developer QA from Sept 29 where Jorg said he doesn’t understand the hold up. They have had it for months which is where they get their videos from so he says he wants it out even though their are others who probably don’t. The issue seems to be coming from Seb, because I remember him saying a few developer QAs ago that they have it but he wants it to have more features or something like that. It’s not something that they have to start from scratch.

I agree with Jorg. They haven’t withheld stuff until it’s perfect that is hard to do, put it out as beta and work with it.

1 Like

Yes, I did say in my post that I use that one. However it is buggy and sometimes crashes, or screams “terrain terrain” or you can’t see the tires, etc. The guy is doing his best to fill the void, but if he could do that, on his own, presumably, imagine the resources backed by MS/Asobo!

It’s simple. Introducing a replay function would result in multiple CTDs in short introduce a whole world of pain for users and they know it. Yes the base platform needs to be fixed first but that is not the only issue they are facing with replay. Not by a long chalk. I support the decision - it shows awareness of limitations of what they can do rather than push a flawed feature with small benefits.

If that is the case then they should say that. I would accept that explanation and it would explain a lot. However, Seb has no problem saying there are things that can’t be done due to limitations. I listened to the 2 hr Q/A and they mentioned certain things that can’t be done now due to limitations so if that was the case then why wouldn’t have he said that and why would Jorg push it if he knew it would cause more CTDs. For those reasons I don’t think you are right.

I watched the entire q and a as well. I completely agree with you. I also agree that if they change their mind they should say why. I heard them say they wanted to push it within the Dev mode despite possible issues. If they have now decided not to I do support that but it would be good to understand why it is so , rather than an undefined new date of release.

1 Like

Absolutely – Just Imagine what so many other 3rd party devs could do with more support !!

Some may be already getting it, but the biggest number of complaints I see from 3rd party Devs, is the lack of support – either directly, or by adequate documentation.

That being said, some of the addons that @NguyenQHy has developed are amazing … :+1:

2 Likes

I used it quite a lot, and pushed it hard - never had a crash or any apparent issues… worked well for me.

That’s one interesting symptoms of MSFS crashed – some people have NO crashes, and some cannot even start the sim, and a whole lot are in the middle.

Hey, I’m not sure if this was mentioned, but the Replay recording unexpectedly stops once the engines are turned off (and the flight is log-booked). I’ve noticed this when wanting to review my landing after parking airliner aircraft.

Well, anyway the “replay” function that Asobo introduced is very limited…
A proper replay function should allow views from inside the aircraft, outside,
tower, fly-by view (which we STILL don’t have in MSFS…).
If I remember correctly, so was in FSX, and one could select how long back.
If I am not mistaken, other actual simulators have this function.
At least DCS has it for sure, at the end of a flight you can save its “track”, and replay
it from multiple views, inside and outside the aircraft…

If anyone is interested, I just started a replay feed back thread here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replay-mode-feedback/502234

With XP12 on its way, hey, who knows. Right?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wishlist for features of built-in replay functionality

For requesting replay features please use this topic:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wishlist-for-features-of-built-in-replay-functionality/390484

The linked topic has been brought to the attention of the developers.

Thank you!

I would be curious to know how many who voted here are on which platform?

Fabio’s tool is excellent for this purpose on PC.

1 Like

I’m on Xbox. Its a shame the replay tool wont be coming to us, but I usually just start a capture and then save it via the Xbox app. I understand that programming a replay tool on Xbox is probably harder, but still its just annoying considering the progress made with Xbox functionality within the sim.

2 Likes