Replay Mode Is Here

Record and replay your flights from all camera views, ENJOY

58 Likes

Woow this is the moment that all have been waiting for :slightly_smiling_face: Congrats mate thanks.

5 Likes

Replay* in the title

1 Like

Just watched the video. Much better than I had anticipated it would be!

2 Likes

Sorry. Didn’t notice

2 Likes

Really good job done. Ahead of Aboso!

3 Likes

Per the video, will be available in January in Simmarket for about €18, around US$20.

Will be the best $20 I’ve ever spent😁

3 Likes

2 million in sales, and Asobo cant even implement basics like this. Shame on them.

Good work to the author of this tool.

23 Likes

Yay! I’ll be able to look at my amateur landings now

5 Likes

Wondering if Microsoft will buy it and incorporate it into the base Sim, so they don’t have to develop it.

windows xp wants the ui back lol

10 Likes

Doubt it, seems the tech is for FSX and P3D too.

1 Like

The buttons kinda remind of Windows XP Media Player.

2 Likes

Looks very good. 2 quick questions:

Any impact on performance or FPS?

It looks like you can change the weather/ fuel etc using the top menu in the replay. Presumably the replay ignores these changes as it is just a recording of the flight done in the original conditions/ weight, so sticking a huge crosswind in for example would have cosmetic impact only. Is that correct? Not an issue, just interested.

EDIT - sorry, third question: does it record control movements, switch changes, throttle movements in the cockpit?

Thanks

1 Like

I anticipate video creators will rejoice at this.

3 Likes

I am not a developer associated with that product, so I can only assume that it simply captures and stores the aircraft’s position and attitude (presumably at a configurable rate like 5 times a second or so) and during replay will set the same values - regardless of any weather influence, of course.

Whether the “SimConnect” (Category:SimConnect - FSDeveloper Wiki - introduced with Flight Simulator X) API also offers to capture individual flight control settings I don’t know - quite possibly so (at least the “main” ones).

1 Like

It seems to work really well, but the year 2000 called, they want their UI back xD
I can’t understand why an indie developper can make this in a few weeks and Asobo can’t, either way, I will get it as soon as it is released :smiley:

1 Like

Gordon, on the FPS question, I had an exchange with the person who did the video (Cpt Mayday, on his livestream yesterday), and he said that there was no impact on FPS in his system. He was flying an airliner and seemed to be a pretty heavy user, so I tend to have some faith in the accuracy of his opinion.
Mark

1 Like

Asobo already have developed it and use it all the time themselves as a development tool. Just needs at little polish before it can be made available to the public.

Source: Latest Developer Q&A video.

1 Like

I bought FlightControlReplay when I moved to P3D V4, since another tool I used (FS Recorder) was not compatible with this P3D version. I still miss FS Recorder, but FlightControlReplay does its job.

The P3D default replay doesn’t handle animations from complex payware aircrafts like the PMDG ones for example. If you use the default replay on a PMDG aircraft, you will see the wings, control surfaces, and landing gear fixed in place. At this point, FlightControlReplay has a good advantage over default for showing all this animations.

I’m also one of the v4.5 beta testers and I can say that despite some minor bugs and glitches, it’s working fine on MSFS.

2 Likes