Replay Mode Is Here

Day1 purchase for me!
Now January is too far away! :wink:

2 Likes

Great work folksā€¦ eagerly waiting for it !

2 Likes

Asobo are going to implement this feature soon so I will wait for them. Saving my money for planes.

3 Likes

Looks fantastic! Iā€™ll definitely get it.

1 Like

Reminds me of old FSRecorder app that I still use till this day!

1 Like

Instant buy!

3 Likes

Iā€™m beta testing - it works really well - and brings such an important dimension.

Iā€™d forgotten how good it was to replay landings and with all the camera options in MSFS combined with its visuals can be breathtaking!

3 Likes

YT videos are going to be awesome this time

This has made me very happy. Looking forward to trying this out. Thank you!!

This is one utility that will at least be as popular as A32NX. Looking forward to it!

I like it, but why do the controls have to be so huge?

Maybe because there are many ā€œoldā€ simmers ( iā€™m one if them ) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Will this also work in FSX and P3D as well as MSFS?
Or as I suspect they are separate purchases?

Not sure, Asobo is eventually going to release replays, for me this falls in the same category as Rex Weather. The title of the category is ā€œfeatures for impatient peopleā€.
Having said that if they release it today Iā€™d probably buy it.

Wow, thanks so much for sharing this, now this is really Christmas for me :smiley:
Iā€™ve been waiting for this feature so desperately as it is one I have been using in the other sims after any landing, until today I donā€™t understand how they could possibly launch the sim without that.
Canā€™t wait to get it!!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s not what they said at all. They said they have a dev system that uses an entire 2nd PC to do the recording and need to come up with a new implementation that users can use, which may not work the same way.

4 Likes

My $0.02, I donā€™t see how I can rationalize paying $20 on a piece of software that will come standard with the game eventually.

Me neither. I will be waiting for Asobo on this one.

Iā€™m with you on this one, but I understand the euphoria and the eager to get things first. At least, until ASOBO release the default playback feature, some guys will have better video recording than us. No big deal. BTW, congratulations for the developer of this addon. Looks great anyway.

1 Like

I just watched the video and since itā€™s going to be sold at $20 apiece, I would like to get my understanding straight in terms of the implementation

• In the first go when pilot actually flies the plane, the software captures all the input parameters, etc. with precise timestamps during recording
  • Once recording is completed, the software creates a ā€œsavedā€ session just like you ESC -> Save in MSFS
  • On the second go, once your session is loaded, the input parameters will be injected maybe through SimConnect to control your airplane
  • Essentially, itā€™s like a super Autopilot so user is free to look around. I suspect that user could fly the airplane differently in the ā€œreplayā€ session if he/she chooses so. This also explains why the weather/time could be changed on-demand, because itā€™s a ā€œsavedā€ game
  • So if my understanding is correct, the weather parameters would be snapshotted in the saved file - meaning itā€™s going to be static from the moment you started recording. In other words, if you started in clear sky but landed in a storm, your recorded session would stay in the clear sky for the rest of the saved session. Hopefully someone can clear this up next year
  • Similarly, other AI/player airplanes would not show up for the same reason

My belief is that Asobo understands these challenges and want to come up with an all-around solution. Moreover, I think they are defining a new file type specific for replay, one that should not be confused/interchanged with a saved session

4 Likes