Replay Mode Is Here

Another addon that adds/re-enables basic functionality. I see a trend. Basic stuff is so neglected/continuously being broken that now there’s a shack industry of easy fixes for 20 bucks a pop.

Hi guys !!!

Thank you for your excitement!!! I m developer of flight control replay !

My fcr version for msfs that you see in the video is a bet build but it is already stable . I have a lot of features :slight_smile:

• Save replay with weather and time
  • video rendering using framebyframe technique (potentially using your preferred FPS for render , this thanks to my proprietary algorithm of creating flow of data)
  • re-live feature that it permits you go back (for example if you fail a landing) for repeat the manoeuvre
  • change camera management that it permits trigger a camera change putting trigger in replay .
  • compatibility with Xbox controller , dof reality platform etc …

And much more during 2021 with free updates ( like VR more integration , instructor mode for help training and much more )

I ll post today a statement in general space :sunglasses:.

In January will be rtm version !

For the 2021 year I ll work continuously on new features and new UX and a surprise for VR mode ! My policy is simple you buy it and you ll always have for free upgrade also to major version .

I m in the industry since 10 years and I m working on this version for msfs since January 20 , Flightcontrolreplay working also for p3d and fsx and esp platform . Nowadays is used a lot also in flight schools and flight sim center .

Thanks for your support

Fabio

6 Likes

We appear to have a freeware replay too from Salty Simulations! Here is a video of it in action.

This little program is still in development and is available to try now.

Charles

2 Likes

That is neat.

1 Like

pay for replay???is it a joke? Every sim has a replay function!! we want replay from Asobo(FREE)

1 Like

Then you must wait.

1 Like

Yes, but can you Imagine how Long it Take asobo to get it right? They Needed several patches for Control sensitivy and 2 patches for Remove the press Any key function. On Release it will be a mess.

1 Like

Replay it’s a crucial addition but i prefer to wait. Ok airplane payware ok scenarios/airport pay, i can buy for these, but a simple function that it must free in sim …no! it’s only my opinion.

2 Likes

I can‘t speak for the product presented here, but I implemented a simple „proof of concept“ implementation myself within three days (including learning about the SimConnect API from scratch ;)),

I simply request the aircraft‘s position (latitude, longitude, altitude) and its attitude (roll, bank, heading) for each simulated frame and store those values.

That of course depends on the actual framerate and you may receive the points in irregular intervals (just like your framerate may vary over time).

You can then „replay“ (set) those values by simply setting them one after another. In a first naive implementation I am doing this at the same rate like the initial (fixed) sample rate (60 Hz), not taking any timestamps into account. You can do this at any time the simulation is running, and change/set the weather/time to your liking.

But timestamps (and interpolation) are the next todo item on the list :wink:

And of course interpolation (re-sampling) would also easily be possible (e.g. sample at only 15 Hz and replay at 30, 45 or 60 Hz. Probably what is referred to as „proprietary algorithm“ above.

Oh, and then there is the actual input like thrust, flaps, rudder and all that. SimConnect gives you read/write access to those variables, too. But those would only be of (important) „cosmetic nature“, as the actual position of the aircraft is „enforced“ by setting it by the previously stored values.

The same goes for other AI airplanes: if you do not store them (which you can - you can even add additional AI aircraft via SimConnect), they simply keep doing their own thing during replay.

1 Like

Having a free alternative is excellent, I just hope asobo has it ready as soon as possible

$20 for a feature that should have been included day 1 !! No way for me. I can understand people that will buy it, I also respect the developper that created this tool but no, why pay for such a basic feature that almost every flight sim have as a basic fucntionality. Hopefully the Asobo replay will be available soon.

1 Like

Cant agree with you more Dronekey. The sad part is even when asobo finally gets around to adding there own replay to the sim there is a pretty good chance it will be bugged and take another three months after that to make it fully usable

If this dos not make even the staunchest defenders of asobo just shake there head I don’t know what will

2 Likes

By “soon” you mean in 6 months ? Because if it was that easy they would have done it already. This has been in the talks for months now, so please share with us your crystal ball.

3 Likes

Hi Fabio,

is there a way to have graphs of speed, altitude, vertical speed, etc, to analyze landings ? I would use this tool mainly to perfect my landings.

1 Like

Hi !

I have plan add it in v5 during 2021 (also for p3d), when I ll make also a lot of other improvements :wink:. Thank you for all community support and all people support my work . My Flightcontrolreplay it is not only a replay tool . Growth in past years during p3d and fsx versions and will grow in the future also for msfs (see network feature , instructor mode , be better supportetc etc) . I m official 3rd party recognised by Microsoft and I m working to make things beautiful since January 20 (for msfs version) . It was a long trip , I would give a big thank you to all asobo and ms developer that helped all of us , building our creations . Now sdk is on the right path to reach deep p3d sdk … the journey it is only at a start point … I want only remember my policy , free update also for major version for all customers . I put all myself (my passion my knowledge) in this project since 2014 … I hope to give to all community a good way to replay , analyze, video rendering a recorded situation , help instructor to teach , help people to have fun…and create great YouTube video

Obviously my Flightcontrolreplay works and will works with most of aircraft 3rd party . Every company use offset and bars that are not standard … step by step we ll have plane … I ll test and support it . Step by step , day after day I hope to continue my work as I made i these years …

Thank you very much !

Fabio

5 Likes

No. It’s called “free market”. Buy it or don’t - for others it may be genuinely useful. And 20$ for software is not much, and its value is in the eye of the beholder.

Merry Xmas!

3 Likes

Their last update or the one before that mentioned replay. So it’s on the radar. If it takes 6 months then fine. If Asobo have said its planned for 2021 then why do I need a crystal ball? Also easy has nothing to do with it. Not everything can be crammed into the first 4 months since release. I have no problems with anyone buying this product. I’m just saying I am happy to wait until I get it for free with the sim.

As a user, I don’t quite understand all the above implementation details. But I wouldn’t make this too complicated… Just restore the saved weather just like anything else is restored and activity during replay is not allowed, the only controls that keep working are camera controls. But even the camera could be done with a 1x drone preset at first… Replay is just a button you can click after the flight. When doing replay, the user will be passive… you could use a similar standard camera script for every replay action, like simulators normally do. Most important for me is being able to replay a landing. When that is available, add a nifty user interface like the opening post shows…

Hi, can you do the replay later, after you end the flight completely, or is it only available while the flight that was recorded is still active.
Thanks

1 Like

The replays are saved. You can replay whenever you want.

1 Like