Request LTFM Istanbul New Airport

I found this mod that I’ve been using…

3 Likes

LTFM is a beautiful airport although the extremely long terminal necessitates negotiating a multitude of travelators a regular occurrence! One of the flight paths affords superb views of The Golden Horn, Galata Bridge and The Bosphorus just a few minutes from touchdown. Underground bus station is also impressive!

2 Likes

Anyone know why the Main Airport of Turkey is not in the SIM?

1 Like

If you’re on PC, there’s a really good free LTFM add-on on flightsim.to. Quality is almost payware level.

1 Like

Because you can get them in here if you’re on PC.

1 Like

Yes but appears u got to jump through hoops and lower graphics settings. I am just surprised that the main airport has been left out. I mean it’s Turkey we are talking about, not Joe Shmo and Do Dat international, lol.

1 Like

I ended going to LTFJ, just crazy that main airport is not built by MSFS.

LTFM opened in October 2018. My theory is, they were already advanced into development of MSFS so they really didn’t get a chance to put it in?

well, the sim was developed using AI to scan through satellite and aerial images of Bing Maps to determine which looks like an airport or not at the time. So if we look at Bing Maps, while the zoomed in version is already updated with LTFM. If you zoom out a little, you’ll see that the Bing Maps still hasn’t been updated with LTFM. So it’s not really that surprising that the AI didn’t detect this as an airport at the time the sim was in development since this looks like an empty plot of land at this zoom level.

I wouldn’t count on them fixing this to add into a default airport list, since with the availability of the free addon, there’s less incentive to justify some work done on an airport that the vast majority of players would have already downloaded this addon anyway.

The only time I can think of this to be added as a default into the sim is if they decided to make World Update: Turkey with LTFM as a new handcrafted airport.

2 Likes

Thank u for researching this, I will sleep better not having to be bewildered by this. Anyway, I will be heading to Cairo tomorrow from LTFM then to Greece, Barcelona, Tunis, Casablanca. Then make my way into mid Africa. Best and up, up and away!

Hello, everybody,
I have just joined and I realy do not know how to send my wishes to the forum. Sorry about this that I putted my mesage here.
I want to see Istanbul airport LTFM and Turkish airlines livery in the sim xbox platform. On pc platform it is easy but how it is possible for xbox platform.
If somebody knows the solution please help me.
Thank you everybody for your interest.
Regards,

3 Likes

Hi Thomas, It’s been 13 months but still no has been added by default.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous that the main airport of turkey not get any update. I think we must wait until world update in next coming years

4 Likes

I guess unless Turkey gets a WU, this airport is not gonna be added to the game.

3 Likes

Are there any plans from Asobo to set this airport(LTFM) up for proper use in MSFS2020? There are currently only runways to be seen in the flight simulator. In the real world this airport is already operating even though not completely finished. There are definitely terminal buildings and taxiways.

Salam Alaikum, I really want the new airport to be added in the sim. It would make a huge improvement. LTFM is the biggest airport in Europe it’s important to be existed in the Sim.

1 Like

This is very strange. I am not a fan of the giant airports as they kill the fps but how the heck has one of the biggest airports been ignored for 1.5 years
It is too big to not to see

1 Like

See post number #10 above.

In google maps it is there. So I don’t think military usage- hidden deliberately theory makes sense

It’s not Google maps, it’s Bing maps in which the airport does not exist. Therefore, the game can’t generate it. Unless it will be shown in Bing maps, only Asobo can fix this or if a WU comes including these areas.