Request MPTO Panama Tocumen International Airport

brou do you have the link or reupdate link for donwload this sceneray

Another request for MPTO to be added please.

2 Likes

I’ve made one which just make use of the autogen terminals. Many limitations and known issues, but all the essential things are present. Not easy to do terraforming as both the 2 runways are obviously sloped, especially for the old 3R/21L, with a height difference of 24.8m between 2 ends. I’m now trying to further improve this, stay tuned by following at the page of the mod:
https://flightsim.to/file/5409/tocumen-international-airport-mpto

2 Likes

Handcrafted terminals in progress, jetways and parkings need to be “corrected” as those in current version are adjusted to adapt the shape of autogen terminals

(Edited 7 Feb): The updated version is available for download, enjoy :smile:

3 Likes

Before the are of Tocumen International was covered with clouds, and thus was not accessible. But if you look at Bing maps now - they got a new imagery. I think we will see Tocumen soon.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I was reading your notes for v2.1 about SID/STAR/APP and I was wondering, is this compatible with Navigraph add-on for FS2020?

@arka506

Where are your airport photos from? MPTO isn’t even on the sim. Is that something that is coming to the Marketplace that you created?

Correct, I’m designing it little by little.

2 Likes

He is designing MPTO himself. They look great! (Spanish: Se ven muy bueno!)

Gracias,
Capitan Santiago

1 Like

Someone has created a far more detailed Tocumen Airport mod on flightsim.to , so I decided to put mine down, and I encourage all of you to download that one.

Excellent, I was using it today.

Right now, I can see that 21R has a decline in the threshold.

Every freeware version of the Tocumen has gone - and the latest available freeware is now removed and reuploaded as a Simmarket payware.

There’s a great looking version in the works here - Panama Airport Tocumen Intl. (MPTO) 2021: In Progress!!! | FSDeveloper

As for the previous versions disappearing, that’s really strange. They will probably still be available on those ■■■■■■ mod scraping sites.

2 Likes

Looks promissing - but I hope the textures are just for the reference by now. It especially important for the glass terminals where you can clearly see the interior in real life. Sadly I see a lot of payware with the similar texture quality offered for like 20 euro and over.

Almost a year later and still no MPTO on sight :pensive:

Yes, MPTO is already on Marketplace.

It is available now in the marketplace. A collaboration between Arka506 and myself

1 Like

Will you be adding custom parking spots/lines for aircraft types, or is this not available at the airport? I noticed the parking spots at the gates look like the default parking spots in the sim.

There should be a generic version of the airport with all the terminals in a future World Update.

1 Like