Reverb G2 New Cable Rev.2 in the box?

My system is a devoted intel i7-10700, Nvidia RTX3080, 32G etc… So the original cable is the right match. Thanks!

no probs :+1: it was just a suggestion should you want a cable that works with everything

1 Like

Not sure why some people are going up in arms… There is an official HP Reddit post (due to no links allowed here, search for “Revision 2 of the Reverb G2 Cable and all the Mysteries Within! (Official Announcement Stuff.)” by u/Voodooimaxx). The post states that as long as one has the old Rev1 cable and the Reverb G2 is still under warranty, one can get the new Rev2 cable free of charge with the only requirement being the provision of the S/N for the support to check the eligibility. Details in the Reddit post.

Best regards,
Phil

Just received my revision 2 cable. Man I get about 40% performance increase and about 15-20% increase in graphics quality.
here are some screen snaps

woh!! wish my v2 cable did that :wink:

Not sure about not allowing links, I linked the Reddit thread in a post on here a few months ago.

Hey Mate, also in Oz. I have just started having this issue over the last few days and now the headset is completely dead (no HP light) and the constant Error 4-1 in the Portal. Did you just stick a PCIe USB card in and it worked? I have a spare-PCIe slot, might try it. Which card did you get? thx!

Yep. The headsets worked okay for about a week on the v1 cable with a particular USB port, but became more intermittent over time. The USB-3 card was the cure for me. It was just a generic 3 port ebay $20 special (mine uses a Renesas USB controller)

Like this one (this uses VIA controller but should be okay). They generally need a spare HDD power lead to connect to it. It’s possible you have a spare one floating around inside your PC

Thanks Mate - ill order one online and see what happens.

That one only has USB A connectors, the cable uses USB-C… did you also use a converter?

Yes I did, worked fine :+1:

If you aren’t using the one that came with the headset, you just need to ensure the adaptor is USB 3 capable

Having delayed splashing out for the G2 because of all the negativity about the cable/connection problems over many months, I engaged in a chat with the local HP support to check if new batches of the product they received would have the revised cable/breakout box. Following two unanswered emails, but a couple of ‘live chat’ sessions, the conclusion was no. Anyway, I’d waited long enough and since my present system is Intel based, where issues are apparently rare, I took the plunge.
Got the box yesterday with REV-A printed on the top. So, I immediately thought the answer I got from support was correct i.e. original cable. What was actually in the box, however, was indeed the Rev.2 with the breakout and added power button. Maybe pot luck.

1 Like

And… 48 hours later and I have a new rev.2 cable. Works MUCH better than the old one.

My original G2 cable crapped out on me yesterday. I did not want to mess trying to get a replacement from them so just ordered the Rev 2 yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow. I had forgot how great this sim ran in the Reverb G2 using Open XR. Been running a Vive Pro 2 since June but it is now sent of to HTC for warranty repair. I tried running MSFS 2020 in my Index but performance was very poor with much lower resolution. So I am definitely looking forward to getting the new cable tomorrow.

Well turns out it was not my Reverb G2 or it’s original cable. In my WMR settings by default the sleep timer was set to " Let Windows Decide". I changed that to “Never” and no more headset blackouts! Just did a long flight in MSFS 2020 with no issue, tested in IL-2 as well - no issues.
Oh well I have the new improved cable arriving today, won’t hurt to have it I guess. But here I could have been flying all day yesterday!

I can only imagine how many new Reverb owners might think they have a bad headset from blackouts do to Windows defaulting this sleep setting to let windows decide.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.