Reverse thrust broken

Not exactly. I’ve removed the ‘‘Toggle throttle reverse thrust’’ binding from the button. Then I’ve bound the function ‘‘Decrease thrust’’ to that button. It works the same as the F2 key. If you now hold down that button, it will move the thrust back until you stop pressing down.

4 Likes

This works just fine.

1 Like

How do you switch back to normal then - just push move the throttle forward again to get positive thrust?

Exactly mate.

Indeed. When you move the throttle forward only a tiny bit it will pop out of reverse.

Thanks. Well this is annoying but that workaround seems decent.

I see, your just decreasing your throttle, but you’re not engaging reverse throttle. I really hope this fix this quickly but it seems like no more updates until February with SU8

yea, i don’t know. i think they broke the game for all jets with reverse thrust. so sad. i hope they come out with a hotfix soon

It’s fine guys! calm down! we can now race planes for extra money! YAY!

1 Like

Well they’d better include this in a hotfix. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t. It seems like something that was an oversight and they could probably fix it without too much work.

So I have the Saitek throttle quadrant. Before I had to use ‘toggle reverse thrust’ mapped to the Z button (the down detent on the axis) And then use the axis to control the amount of reserve thrust

This no longer works.

But now it’s much better - I have ‘Decrease Thrust’ mapped to Z and when I want to engage I just drop the throttle down through the detent. It produces reverse thrust’ until I move it back up to the detent. A far better more natural way to engage reverse thrust.

I don’t know why neither ‘toggle’ or ‘hold’ reverse thrust don’t work as expected, but I’m very happy with how ‘Decrease Thrust’ works.

There is also no reverse thrust for the PC6 neither a binding to move the condition lever or to feather the prop! This sim is going backwards with every update

1 Like

Yep, broken on Xbox Series S with T Flight Hotas One, Toggle Reverse Thrust doesn’t work. Noticed it in my first SU7 flight which was in the Longitude. Great first impression once again.

yea, it’s pretty wild! the sim is unflyable with SU7. They said they would fix the aircraft that come with the original version next year. So I guess check back in then. Unless there is a hotfix. I read somewhere that clearing the decrease throttle key would work, but it doesn’t let you. if you clear it and don’t select an new input it defaults to F2. This isn’t a sim, it’s a screen shot simulator! Oh an I wouldn’t be surprised that with SU7 we traded performance for the ability to watch replays, but call me crazy :crazy_face:

Also, it’s a strange bug, if you keep hitting the revers thrust button on your controller, while moving the throttle axis throughout its ranges, you’ll see that sometimes, just sometimes, it clicks on just for a fraction of a second. The reverse does work at 100% throttle, but the second u change from 100% it kicks you out of reverse throttle. umm, i’m trying to stop and slow down not come out of revers at 99% full throttle almost.

2 Likes

Wish I could say I was surprised by this issue but its right in line.

1 Like

Ok I did some additional testing on Xbox with the default 747, 787, and A320. The best work around right now like others have said is to remove the “Toggle throttle reverse thrust” keybind, and replace it with the “Decrease throttle” keybind, with the action type selected as “On press”… The way it works is as follows:

• Holding down the “decrease throttle” keybind will bring your throttle down to idle
  • Once your throttle is at 0 and you release the button, if you press it again and hold, it will engage your reverse thrusters until you release the button

Not the most ideal workaround but seems to work.

8 Likes

Confirm the reverse thrust don’t work 787 & 747 after SU7. we need to urge Asobo to Fixe this bug quickly with a patch instead of waiting for on other update.

Giving this a try now. I didn’t know this was a bug until I ran of 20L in Nashville and ended up in a field. What a joke. Thanks for the fix.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten into the habit of testing every lever, control, and switch after an update before I take one up into the air. Thye last update broke the condition level, that’s fixed in exchange for the reverse thrust in this release

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be adding the same to my update regimen.