Reverse thrust broken

Me too, The Beta test group missed a lot of issues…

You need to set an afterburner button the F18 to get the throttle all the way up, and engage afterburners and go full throttle.

1 Like

#pc YES, no reverse thrust via the Airbus TCA Throttle quadrant on the standard 748.
Are you after more Beta Testers?
Happy to assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks… i’ve figured it out… :slight_smile: No only my reverse thrusters are not working

I am going to speak up in defence of the Beta test group. Just because issues make it through to release it would be an incorrect assumption to make that these issues were always missed by those in the community who volunteered to help “Beta” test the release.

Such testers are under an NDA and often are not in a position to respond to comments such as this.

I too hope this issue gets resolved.

13 Likes

Beta Test? Are you sure there was one? I worked as Beta Tester for some big Companys in FSX. We only released after every Bug was solved. Today I tried the “New” Gift from Asobo.
JU52 was supposed to be updated = NO still the same lights, issues while starting etc. plus you cant lower the thrust correctly.
Pilatus P6, Flaps don´t work correctly, speed cant be reduced properly
Pilot, Co-Pilot, Instructor not visible in the change menu
World Map not possible to move
And so much more. It was all reported already. I quit the Sim and wait for the update to the update. Before SU7 it worked nicely, now we are at the beginning again. How frustrating is that. To conclude, are there any Beta Testers or are they just ignored by Asobo. Thanks for the free time now, back in a week or two.

1 Like

You are wrong + NDA.

Workaround.
Decrease throttle - assign key or button - apply and save

Source
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/reverse-thrust-broken/472181/2

Edit
Press “decrease throttle” instead “toggle throttle reverse thrust”.

1 Like

No idea why you keep posting this as a fix, it doesn’t actually work, at least not for me.

Previously I had a sliding switch on my throttle set to ‘hold reverse thrust’ which when toggled would let me adjust the amount of reverse thrust by adjusting the throttle forward and back. As far as I can tell, even if your ‘fix’ worked in that situation I still wouldn’t have analogue control over the amount of reverse thrust.

Perhaps it’s just me mucking something up with your suggestion, but at the end of the day the old method was fine and needs to be hotfixed.

8 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

It’s being posted as it is a fix for lots of folk. Just because it doesn’t work in some cases means it shouldn’t be made known

But yes, I agree wholeheartedly that both Toggle and Reverse thrust actions should work as described - along with prop feathering and a host of other important actions that don’t.

And when the Devs make a change then need to actually explain what that change is so we are not left playing ‘hunt the fix’.

And as for beta testing, well let’s just say there is a reason the bugs are being identified and fixes described on the forums as quickly as they are.

1 Like

Moving the throttle forward for beta is not realistic. Being able to calibrate a small part of the axis preferably that starts at a physical detent on your hardware for beta is how it’s done in Xplane and IMHO the correct and most realistic way. Moving levers in the wrong direction and full on/off buttons are just working around the issue.

3 Likes

Well unfortunately that isn’t the case in MSFS 2020, hence the need for using a modifier (hold reverse thrust) to enable reverse thrust. Even if it were possible to calibrate a portion of the throttle range as reverse there’s no detent on my throttle and I can see that causing more issues than helping.

I know I’m not the only person that has the same setup. Now I can’t do that and jumping through more hoops to get it working just isn’t worth the hassle when it’s worked perfectly for the past 12 months.

At the risk of sounding antagonistic, let’s just call this new method a temporary work-around rather than proclaiming it as a fix.

1 Like

You are not being antagonistic at all- you are right. Decrease thrust is a work around, not a fix.

I can only speak to my experience though and with the Logitech throttle quadrant you get 3 axis levers. Each has a detent at the bottom. Moving through that is not into a new axis (even though it feels like it) but rather has the same effect as pressing a button( Z RX and RY)

So before SU7 I would have to quickly toggle reverse thrust by going down through the detent and then back up to the axis and push the lever up to get reverse. But it was hit and miss and if you missed, well at best a bad float as you started adding power and at worst and overrun.

Now with decrease thrust mapped to Z (so beneath my throttle axis) I simply zero the throttle and then push it down through the detent to get reverse thrust, hold and them push back up to return to positive thrust. Works like a charm and better than the uncertainty of the toggle command.

Pity it doesnt work for your peripheral and I do hope they fix all these commands!

2 Likes

If you were flying last night with live weather, the winds were at 320, so RWY 31 was in use. If you were landing south on any of the three 20 runways, you also had a nice quartering tailwind, which couldn’t have helped.

Workaround not fix :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m not one to complain but by the looks of things MS and Asobo really need to work on Quality Control and proper testing… simple things have been looked over and its becoming a bit of a joke now

6 Likes

We can only hope that for SU8 they sit down with a big long list and get to work.

7 Likes

I certainly hope so… but I have lost faith at this point and again I fully understand it’s a big task but some of the issues are down and out rookie.

1 Like

I wanted 31 but the approaches in Navigraph don’t match what’s in the sim. Kind of annoying. I would have had 2000 more feet to work with to stop if I had 31 as well.

It works perfectly for me. I use the same switch I used before; I just remapped it as advised above. I almost like it a bit better than what I was doing before. It definitely does work with the Warthog. Use the switch under the black knob on the right side of the throttle. Easy as pie.