[REVIEW] Amami Airport (RJKA) by Simulación Extrema - Subtropical island paradise & Nice short-ish runway that can take A320s and B737s 😎

Here’s my review of Amami Airport (RJKA) by Simulación Extrema.

This is a rather interesting airport for those who love island hopping but want to do it with bigger aircraft, as it’s not limited to the usual ATRs and Dash-8s. It has multiple daily flights served by A320s and B738s, but the runway is fairly short, so there’s a bit of an element of challenge that makes things fun. You can’t float for 800 meters on this one.

The airport itself is fairly nicely done. The terminal, tower, hangar, and landside/airside areas are nicely detailed and the developer put a lot of effort in terraforming the reclaimed land for the runway, with its nice and thick breakwaters. I hate when they just leave it default at sea level.

There are a few flaws, like some markings that are incorrect or missing, default jetways, and no terminal interior, but if you like this kind of airport, Japan, or scenic destinations, I’d still give this one my thumbs-up. :sunglasses:

As usual, plenty of video content inside if my written review doesn’t cut it for you and want to make your own opinion. :grin:

2 Likes

I bought Amami Airport.

When you start a free flight from GATE, the A320neo will be CTD before starting the engine.
CTD did not occur if we started from the runway.

Small planes like the Cessna 152 are fine.

Since SU7, many airports have had problems.
I hope the next update will fix the problem.

I ’m using translation, so I ’m sorry if I made a mistake.

The airport is ok, the sim have more bugs.