[REVIEW] Great Britain Central by Orbx - Sightseeing Paradise 😎

I messaged Orbx and they told me there are currently no plans for a GB South pack. Very odd if true!

3 Likes

That sucks :frowning:

Was looking forward to it in order to complete UK!

4 Likes

Weird. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were working on it — a long time ago.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, a shame if that’s the case - I more or less took it for granted that there would be a south entry, but it has been a while.

Well saw this on Orbx forum for what it’s worth.

1 Like

That’s a pity.

That’s what I read somewhere else now I think about it. In a queue. So, one day? I have a hope they are just chipping away at making models but with no deadline or priority. It can come whenever but I think it will
 eventually. Surely it has to :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

It’s been in development for quite a while. The other two sets have been around for years.

2 Likes

I wish the North pack came with POI markers. Is there anyway to add that?

Yes, and then the thread was shut down and the topic was closed seemingly (to me at least) quite abruptly. Maybe to put an end to further speculation?

You have to wonder maybe if this will ever see the light of day.

Well in may Nick Cooper did give answer:

”Hello,
it is not “on the back burner” or “shelved”.
I have now been told that it is in a queue behind another project, which is being worked on now.
When that project is complete, work will start on the third part of the Great Britain series.

As this topic has now served its purpose, I will bring it to an end with this good news.
Thanks to all those who chose to contribute to it.”

So now is more of ”when” it will realise I believe!

1 Like

Yes, despite the reason given for closing the topic down it just seemed to be done a bit abruptly to me as if they didn’t want any further discussion about it. Just my immediate perception although, yes, I could be reading too much into it.

No biggy here and I do understand if you have a different view. I would definitely say though at best it is not a high priority.

Personally, I still wonder if it will see the light of day anytime soon if ever. I guess time will tell :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would agree that it was a bit hasty/odd to close the topic. My read out of it was that there is/was a project (as in one; “queue behind another project” before they would continue on this. To speculate further :grinning: that could have been YMML that released June 19, or maybe they were involved in WU 14 that just went live!? That would suggest they are back on it. As said just speculation :grin: but possible!

Hope you’re right.

The GB north and central products imo were good value :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Isn’t that the exact definition of being on the back burner? :grin:

2 Likes

Well you have to ask Nick :slightly_smiling_face: since he is the author. But my take on the expression “on the back burner” or “shelved” translates in less positive way like; probably not, indefinitely on hold or don’t count on it. Which I don’t think is the case. Then again I am not a native in english :grin: and have been wrong before.

Being on the back burner is a cooking metaphor. It means to put a dish on a another burner of the stove and letting it simmer at a low temperature in the background while you put your focus on another dish that you continue to prepare instead.

So yeah, working on another project and putting the initial project at a lower priority of the queue is pretty much exactly that.

2 Likes

Would anyone who bought these direct from Orbx mind sharing the .kml files? I bought North and Central from the MS Store and the .kml flles are not included. The location of the files is this:

\community\orbx-region-great-britain-north\Great Britain North.kml

\community\orbx-region-great-britain-central\Great Britain Central.kml

Cheers.

1 Like

Same here
 Would be great to load the POIs into little navmap and get exploring.

Would this even be legal?

Genuine question :slightly_smiling_face: