REX AccuSeason Released Today

I realize that many does not “notice” the performance hit using Bijan’s mod (or other mods for that sake). That does not mean it is not there. (Chances are that you dont feel the difference of 2-3 fps more or less). In the old Bijan’s topic I did extensive testing and showed before and after, and performance impact. Bijan himself is aware of what he usually refers to as a 2-3fps impact.

Anyway, this is about REX AccuSeason,
is there a performance hit? And if so, roughly how big of a hit on a mid system? (lets say i9-9700k and rtx3060).

I am of course not asking about if people “notice” or “feel” it.
I can’t feel the difference of 37 or 40fps either.

But again, lets focus on REX AccuSeason.
Is it easy on the system? :slight_smile:

Well, I thought I answered it by saying that I have used it and didn’t experience a performance degradation. I am an “FPS” chaser and keep the RTSS overlay on 95% of the time I fly and can tell you that REX or Bijan have no impact on my setup. Granted I do not use PG or tons of add -ons and fly the Baron 85% and the FBW 15%.

1 Like

Well reason I ask is because bijans mod had roughly a 5-6fps performance impact on my system, so I’m asking if people know if REX AccuSeason is a lighter mod on the system. But sounds like they are roughly the same from the responses here.

Were you using the terrain masks?

dont think so. the testing i did was back in july 2021.

I was having the same issue with Bijans mod. Up to 10fps drop. Was a stutterfest unless I had the trees on low. Even then it was a good 5fps drop and still got stutters. (Seeing the post just above, I’ll add that I never used the terrain mask.)
It was okay when it first came out, but the sim was a lot more stable and performed a lot better for me before SU5. After SU5 Bijans mod started causing a lot of extra performance issues on my end.

AccuSeason performs for me the same as the default trees do. I’ve not noticed an impact, have been able to keep trees at the ultra setting.

I do nearly all my flying in Aus (being from here) and the tree colours (and whole biome in general) are much, much more accurately represented by REX here. That was another major factor in my dropping of Bijans mod (well before any mention of AccuSeason came about) the colours in Aus were not quite right and it eventually got to me :sweat_smile:

I gambled and bought AccuSeason when it first dropped. All I can say is I’m really glad that I did.

4 Likes

I was just wondering if that could have been a reason. I haven’t got the best system (CPU wise) but never noticed any difference using 4 Seasons or just default. Strange one…

1 Like

Hi All. I wanted to let you know about a recent major content update in AccuSeason. We have released WEEKLY vegetation changes for Autumn and Winter for Australia. This gives you changes of vegetation coloring starting at the beginning of autumn in Australia on a weekly basis. Autumn and Winter start at different times in Australia depending on the part of the country and Winter in the northern parts of Australia depicts a greening of vegetation as occurs in real life. Hope you enjoy and below are some images.

6 Likes

Have the Bijan packed and I swear I won’t buy another season pack but I lost my own bet. Picking this up right now!

1 Like

You won’t regret it!

2 Likes

Having a blast with it atm!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you are liking the app. :slight_smile:

This app is really outstanding, it is a joy to fly over the tree-dotted landscape. Is there any chance we might see yellow flowers on costal hills in Ireland where yellow goose flowers from February to June?

1 Like

Are y’all seeing any performance loss using this. Just curious.

Hi blueline308. Should be no performance issues as the app uses the same assets that are contained within the MSFS codebase.

1 Like

Been using since this released. I don’t notice any hit what so ever

1 Like

Thanks guys :+1:

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny :smiley:

I’m tempted too. Thing is, if you use and want the Bijan Islands, Sunken Boats etc fixes too, then I ASSUME you won’t be able to have that any more - as it requires 4 Seasons to also be installed?

Hi All. I wanted to let you know about another recent major content update in AccuSeason that is in addition to the Australia content update I mentioned above a few days ago.

For this update, we have released WEEKLY vegetation changes for Autumn and Winter for the southern part of South America. This gives you changes of vegetation coloring starting at the beginning of autumn in the southern part of South America on a weekly basis. Changes to vegetation coloring starts at different times in this region depending on the part of the area as occurs in real life.

All of the changes have occurred on the back end, so there is no need to update the application or download anything.

Hope you enjoy and below are some images of one of the weeks in the package within the Patagonia region of South America. Remember, vegetation coloring changes on a weekly basis throughout autumn into winter until the trees go dormant.

8 Likes

Here are a few more images of Patagonia in the southern part of South America, which is a beautiful place to fly in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

As I have mentioned in a recent post we now have WEEKLY vegetation color changes in this part of the world, so I wanted to share a few more images from the week in the very beginning of autumn, some other images a couple weeks after autumn has begun and a few more images from a week in the middle of autumn.

First Week of Autumn

A Couple Weeks after Autumn

Mid-Autumn

8 Likes