REX AccuSeason Released Today

Good evening forum,

No YouTube videos yet, wondering if anyone here purchased and tried yet?

6 Likes

Yes REX AccuSeason has been officially released: REX AccuSeason for Microsoft Flight Simulator

We will be releasing to other stores in the next few days.

Here is the User Manual:

5 Likes

just saw it…it looks great…haven’t bought anything for the sim in a while, so thank you rex shut up and take my money…bought the texture pack as well…have been on the fence for a while…its downloading and installing right now :grin:

1 Like

Looks pretty cool! Does it work fine with live weather?

1 Like

I wanna know how it compares to Bijans season pack.

16 Likes

That’s the real question now isn’t it. Bijan has been there for us since day 1, and he’s got a bunch of really neat features that go along with his product. Also, his customer service is 2nd to NONE.

That said…I’ve been upset with REX since their weather app. The most interesting thing is, I still have all of their stuff for MSFS. The only thing I use is their airport graphics. Might pick this up just to try it out, it’s only $25, and it does have dynamic changes to trees. Curious to see how that works.

14 Likes

It adds snow where time and season it make happens?

And after the dreadful performance of their Weather Force I’m very wary. Happy with Bijans add on.

8 Likes

Sticking with Bijan - invested now anyway, and it looks beautiful to me

10 Likes

This looks very exciting and I definitely want to test this. Is there any information about whether the addon will also be distributed via SimMarket?

Edit: Sorry - I found the Information

We will be releasing to other stores in the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing some community YouTube reviews before committing to this one. Seems like a dream addon from the product description- will be interesting to see if it actually delivers what it says on the box!

4 Likes

Easy to install with nice interface, initial impression is excellent with the automated season setting. Exploring more now and in the coming days.

1 Like

Here are a few images:

13 Likes

Does it also change or add terrain mask like Bijan’s mod (optionally)? Is it install and forget type of solution (like Bijan’s) or seasons have to be manually applied in every flight via app? Would love to know how it compares to his mod as I already heavily invested in Bijan’s work.

2 Likes

Yes, there is a terrain mask - have a read of the link provided in the second post.

Bijan’s isn’t instal and forget, you need to change it depending on where you are flying and on the time of year. From the pics above and at the link the REX offering looks to be so much better, I’ll be purchasing it later on today.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued to try it myself, but I somehow think there is very little chance this thing will come even close to what Bijan has done (and keeps doing on a daily basis). Will wait for further reviews and comparisons between the two products. Personally I’m keen to stick to Bijan’s mod even if REX is better. If only for support reasons, because this guy is absolutely amazing and 100% dedicated to what he’s doing.

8 Likes

Took my time and read the article AGAIN. There is not a single word about any change to terrain color. And yes, it’s install and forget for one real time season. Maybe I should be more specific, but I think it’s clear what I thought. Opposite to starting the app and settings the seasons every sim run.

1 Like

REX appears to be instal and forget, Bijan’s is not.

Terrain colour- if you read the article down to the bottom you’ll find it:

SELECT YOUR CHOICE OF VEGETATION’S OVERALL COLOR TONE

REX AccuSeason lets you select the overall color tone that looks best to you with a choice of three color tones: cool, warm and neutral.

Well that’s not a terrain mask. Have you seen how it looks in Bijan’s mod? Warm/Cool what appears like filter is not the same thing.

5 Likes

Yes I have. It looks to be doing precisely the same thing to me, but hopefully it won’t distort maps as Bjan’s does.