REX AccuSeason Released Today

Hi Olistadler. I will take a look at that. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi LoeweStaugb8533. Thanks for the comment. I wish we could but that is a constraint of the MSFS codebase. Perhaps in the future Asobo might create higher resolution models, but that might come at a performance cost, but we shall see if they move in that direction.

Mike, what’s with the purple trees??? They look like the diffuse map is missing or something, know what I mean? Can’t you change them to yellow, orange or red or even a mix. The lighter (lilac) ones, pink and white ones are fine, but those purple bushes/trees pull me right out of my immersion, and ruin the vista. I even mentioned to my co-pilot about them (she didn’t say much as she was flying) I am sorry mate, they need to go, or be a feature you can get rid of.

We have purple flowering trees pretty well everywhere where I am (Aus) through Spring and have seen photos of similar genus trees through NZ, the Americas, Asia and some parts of Europe, too.
So they definitely belong in the Sim. I think they look great flying about when I’ve had a look around at the Nrthn spring provided. Really looking forward to seeing what Mike brings us once Spring comes about on our southern half of the Globe.

3 Likes

Yes they are Jacarandas, a very common and beautiful sight in Adelaide and elsewhere, whole suburbs lined with them flowering in spring (which is Oct/Nov).
eg. Jacarandas in bloom: a purple lining to 2020 – share your pictures | Trees and forests | The Guardian

3 Likes

The ones I am talking about are all over Florida. They look unnatural and like I said, as if the diffuse map is missing from the model. I hope the devs make an option to turn them off completely if Mike states they’re staying.

you can turn them off, look in the app

So I have to completely uninstall the update to Florida and all it’s additional content to get rid of these ugly purple plants? That’s not exactly a good solution now is it?

There might be a way in the XML if I knew where to look :wink:

If you haven’t seen one before, they really can get that pruple.
Just went for a flight around southern parts of Florida (where I know Jacarandas are found) after reading your post. I honestly think it looked really nice.

Some old mates I used to work with nearly 10yrs back now went for a trip through parts of Florida, Texas and SoCal and found these trees growing, just not on the scale you’d see them through Aus they said. Some nice photos though.

Hi Biosman. Thanks for your question and sorry I could not respond sooner. Been incredibly busy. The purple trees you see in the simulator represent purple hue trees such as lilac bushes and jacaranda trees like the ones below:
purple tree1

LilacBush

These purple trees and bushes are visible in many parts of the world during spring. For instance:
Mexico City
MexicoCity

San Diego
SanDiego

Sydney
Sydney

Cape Coral Florida

Naples Florida
Naples

And other parts

In addition to vegetation that has purple hues, AccuSeason also displays lighter colored white, off white, and pink-ish colored vegetation in the mix. Here are some shots I just took in Florida. The first is around Tampa and the second and third are in Orlando:

Being that we build AccuSeason to offer users with a lot of choice, if you are wanting to not have floral vegetation display, you can use any of the four Spring presets which include Celtic Spring, Morning Dew, Serenity, or Spring Has Sprung. Those presets do not contain floral vegetation.

Let me know if this helps and answers your questions. Thanks.

4 Likes

I LOVE this add-on. One of the best.

2 Likes

Ok, massive edit, my apoligies for anyone who read my whine and thanks everyone for the input, and thanks Mike for clearing that up. What happened was I had never seen them before until I installed the Florida enhancement, I was actually flying the other night around Northern Florida, Southern Georgia up to South Caronlina and I noticed them for the first time and thought (really did) that a diffuse map was missing.

Initially I felt they didn’t fit, so I went out again with the enhancement uninstalled and kinda missed them. Once you get something added and I mean those pinks, whites, off whites and lilacs I loved them. I still think there’s a bit too much (deep purple) but they’re kind of growing on me :wink: and of course the pictures are perfect proof they should be represented so thanks again for taking the time to post those.

I feel now, (apart from an idiot) maybe some reds, yellows, blues and oranges would fit right in there, especially in towns and cities?
Hmmm, sorry for wasting your time Mike, and I am definitely going to keep the enhancement installed and look forward to future development and enhancements for this beautiful addon.

3 Likes

double post: Went further back on the post and will now be switching to dynamic, I have been manually selecting the current week, but temporary dynamic blossoming trees??? that move with the season???What a genius idea.

Mike, kudos for your commitment and participation here. I don’t own this yet, but
 next week when I have more time, I will be changing Bijan’s product to the REX one. Bijan’s seems to have stopped development. I hope you guys keep building on the wonderful base you have. I can’t wait to try it out once I get it. Seems like great work, you should be proud of the work you guys have put into this. My hope is that once Asobo implements seasons, this product will still have SOMETHING to offer, even if it’s simply more biome diversity.

2 Likes

Hi Biosman. Glad to hear everything is working out for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi BostonJeremy77. Thanks so much for the kind words. I do hope you will enjoy AccuSeason with the current and future content and functionality we have planned.

1 Like

Bijan lost a number of his family due to Covid and is out of the US with no access to the internet. Given his stated origin on Discord it’s not hard to understand why that’s the case.

Seems an odd call to leave an excellent product because it hasn’t had an update for a bit (but does it really need any, really? It’s still awesome) to something that is worse but still receiving updates. You’ll be losing more than just superior seasons, remember all the other stuff that’s included in that pack?

Your call man, just seems an odd one to me.

ps Nothing against Rex’s product, but I struggle to see why you’d need both, that’s all.

3 Likes

I had to stop using Bijans product because of the performance hit.

My question is, what is the performance hit using the REX Accuseason?

I’ve used both of them and have never noticed a performance hit.

My Options:
Trees Ultra
LOD 200

CPU I7-10700K
GPU RTX3070

Strange. No performance hit here with Bijans.

1 Like