REX AccuSeason Released Today

I bought their Weather Force and I am very unhappy with it. Customer service is very poor. I have asked numerous questions that went unanswered. I even asked for a refund and that request went unanswered. I will not give REX anymore money until WF gets fixed. There are already reports on Discord about problems with this new program. And until they are fixed I won’t touch it. I already have Bijan’s seasons.

1 Like

Downloaded and Installed REX Accuseason and when I run it, it does not change any Foliage. NOTHING Happens. I installed it to my C: drive and my Flight sim is on another Drive: E:\WpSystem I have my Community folder seperate: E:\MSFS2020\Community I have tried to adjust the settings in the REX AccuSeason program settings to each folder and I still get no change to the foliage. I tried the “Windows Store Edition” folder, Nothing changes, I tried my E:\WpSystem and my E:|MSFS202\COmmunity folder and still nothing happens. Any suggestions???

1 Like

Thanks for the question. The current date is based on the pc date and you do not need to launch AccuSeason every time before you launch MSFS. In terms of automatic changes, I will give an example. In the month of September, vegetation updates weekly so you have the changes on September 1, September 7, September 14, September 21, and September 29. If you enabled dynamic seasons on September 1, then you don’t have to do anything until September 7, which is the date that the vegetation changes. On September 7, you would just need to sign out of MSFS and open up AccuSim. AccuSim would then apply the September 7-13 changes automatically and once that is done open up MSFS and you are set. Do this again on or after September 14.
Let me know if that answers your question. Thanks.

3 Likes

i say, use one of them to get not weird things, but ofcourse you can tryout.

2 Likes

You will see autumn trees that have snow on them depending on the Snow Depth in the Settings section of the MSFS Weather modal/window. Here are some images:

3 Likes

Hi All. Just want to let you know I am doing my best to get as many questions answered in this forum, Avsim, and the REX Discord. I have to go to a meeting for a while, but will be back soon. Thanks for the questions and I appreciate your patience.

8 Likes

I don’t understand, do I have to open the app and change the settings every week? I want it completely automatically, set it once and forget about it, so that is not the case?

2 Likes

Yes, if you set it to automatic it creates a task in your windows task scheduler to run everyday and complete the updates.

1 Like

When you set REX to your custom location and then run it. Do you see the new folder in your community folder showing that it did load in there ?

Yes they show up. E:\MSFS2020\rex_accuseason. This is just in the folder where my community folder is. I’m not sure which folder to select in the program settings. Here is a stupid question, Obviously I need the sim to be running when I start the REX program right?

The program seems to work by adding and removing files from your community folder, either manually or by an automated task. This needs to be done before launching the sim. Any changes made to the community folder after launching the sim wouldn’t take effect until you relaunch it anyway.

1 Like

No, you just install it, select your settings and it will inject into community folder then start the sit.

You can’t have sim running while you did the setup as it has to read your community folder on boot.

Once you have it setup then start your sim and you don’t need to run it again unless you want to change something.

Would like to see an answer to this question, that doesn’t sound very automated to me! A bit of clarity around “sign out of MSFS” would also help, does that mean re-start the program or actually sign out of your MS account and then sign in again - that can’t be right can it?

You do not need to sign out of anthing.

1. Install AccuSeasons
  2. Run the program and pick the option you want (in this case sounds like the automatic process)
  3. It will inject the files into the community folder
  4. It will create a scheduled task in Windows Task Scheduler (runs everyday at 12:00 PM but you can change time)
  5. Everyday the system (from the scheduled task) will update itself and inject the latest files into the community folder

I suspect, if you are running the sim when the update happens you’d have to close the sim and then re-launch it to get the updated files so may want to change when the update runs so it’s before you typically fly.

If you are just picking a season to use (not having it automatically work with your time period) then no task is created and you have to run it again to change the season.

I hope that helps.

7 Likes

I wish they would auto inject with their weather app. Which would complement AccuSeason very well.

That’s probably impossible. Injecting weather can be done live while the sim is running. Trees can’t because they are loaded from the community folder only upon launching the sim. There’s no way to have trees change once the sim is running.

They look the same because they’re both using the same method of changing the trees, there is no SDK in place for this, it’s just a set of xml files that can be edited to change the vegetation types applied to each biome and tint them / change size etc. The files are largely undocumented I think as well.

I do like how they’ve done the autumn seasonal change, they may be using a dynamic generator for the xml files to slightly vary the colour tones per week.

I also am very interested in their winter trees, they look really good and given they autogenerate are significantly more appealing than the hand placed versions added by Bijan’s mod.

How this stacks up to Bijan’s hand crafted versions is still up in the air. I think you’ll generally get better variation in vegetation from his mod.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying

I just ordered (Dec 14) it BUT the directions for download indicate the need for ANOTHER REX account just for downloads. I don’t see the logic and I have requested a refund since I can not download it. Private message has been sent to Mike at Rex.

EDIT: After many attempts at setting up a second account in REX AXIS, I was finally able to download and setup the AccuSeason. I still see no logic in forcing you to setup another account in another REX application to get the download. Perplexing and frustrating. :relieved: :thinking:

1 Like

He means when you relaunch the sim. It’s not that complicated (to have to sign out, sign back in)