REX AccuSeason Released Today

Of what exactly does the tone change? Only the trees/bushes or also the 3D Grass? This isnt quite clear.
But your answer lets me to think it does not cchange the ground texture colors, right?

Thanks for clarification. :slight_smile:

Because it’s not a simple thing to do properly and Asobo has to decide which features to prioritize. They are adding this eventually. It’s even on the publicity available schedule if you care to look. Just because seasons is more important to you doesn’t mean Asobo has to agree.

3 Likes

This was a load balancing issue and should be resolved now. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Color tone changes the underlying tone of the vegetation, so if you set color tone to Warm, you will see the vegetation color have a warmer hue compared to if you set the color tone to Cool, which you would see the vegetation have a cooler hue. Neutral color tone is in the middle. Ground texture coloring is something we are working on at the moment. Hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That looks really good!

Is that in conjunction with Weather Force (to ge the snow) or is that accuseason on all it’s own?

How is the fps hit? With bijan at least, in some areas like NYC, the fps hit was significant, at least in VR (G2+3080) to not be able to use it.

1 Like

Thanks for the questions. Coloring of terrain is something that we are working on and are looking forward to releasing in the future. Regarding your question about install and and forget type of solution or if seasons have to be manually applied in every flight, the answer is you can install the preset of your choice and leave it alone. You can however, change your preset if you want, whenever you want. For instance you may want to fly in an early autumn preset for a few flights and then switch to a late autumn preset for a few flights and after that you might want to fly in a winter preset. You are able to go into the app and select and apply whatever preset you want whenever you want and fly with that selected preset enabled. Thanks and I hope that answers your questions.

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments and question. Weather Force and AccuSeason can be used together.

1 Like

REX is amazing
 Hands down. Can’t WAIT to get this – they have much better options, in my opinion than the other one.

2 Likes

If you are using the dynamic season option and you are flying out of the UK, you will see late autumn vegetation. If you fly out of Sydney today, you would see warm weather vegetation.

3 Likes

It absolutely is big enough for multiple offerings for seasons. Bijan isn’t a 100% solution for all of us, and I don’t like their terrain coloring
 everything turns brown. Excited for this new one!

2 Likes

I just bought it, wanted to wait for ORBX but then couldn’t wait :slight_smile:

Purchase, Download, Installation all very easy / straight forward. For setup I went with the defaults and automation. It created the task no problem.

My question is what do I do with my Bijan stuff, does it work with, conflict, overwrite?

I have the seasons and terrain masks.

Would I remove it all? The terrain masks interfere quite a bit with the REX runway textures so I’m okay with getting rid of it. Just wanted to be sure Accu Seasons would pickup where Bijan left off.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this! Looks AMAZING.

I don’t think you’d need/want both mods for seasons – use one. Just a hunch though.

2 Likes

Yea I believe you’d be right, more curious on the terrain masks.

Good question gordongreig. Seasons are global meaning if you are in the UK and using dynamic seasons, it will be late autumn/early winter and in Australia you will see warm weather vegetation. If you go to the AccuSeason product page with the link below, scroll to the Global Seasons section and it will describe this with some images of New York in the autumn, Rio with tropical vegetation, and Patagoinia (southern Argentina/Chile) with spring vegetation.

7 Likes

In manual you state’ In AUTOMATION MODE, REX automatically displays tree colors based on current date and flight location! Our dynamic automation tech displays foliage based on current date and automatically changes tree colors throughout the year with weekly tree color changes during autumn into winter in the northern hemisphere.‘

Is the currentdate is pc date or sim date?
Do you need to launch rex every time before you launch msfs to have the automatically change?

Grt

No, once you set it up and have it set to automation mode it injects the files into your community folder. It also creates a scheduled task that runs everyday, pulls down the “changes” and injects them into the community folder.

3 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to look at too much of this but it looks great.

Quick question if it snows in say the autumn will I still see snow covered trees or will it be autumn colours on the tree?

As a guess, I don’t think that it would be technically feasible to customize the sim environment to actual weather reports every day of the year, Live, for every place on earth.

Most likely there are a set of 52 “mods” and every week it changes the sim Climate. So if there is an early Spring or early snowfall, you won’t see it in the sim.

Again, just my guess, and expectation.